VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by AngryByDefault

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Sphere478 wrote on 2023-08-22, 13:43:

At OP Well, look up the data sheet for the ram chips.

Yeah, but pics in most of the ads I see are not clear enough to read the chip's markings. Then again, maybe I can't count mem's pad from those either.. I'll check that out...

>> If total bus width of all chips is less than 128 then 128-bit isn’t possible.
>> But if it is 128 or larger, it is possible that ram is double stacked as 64-bit.

Hence the bottom issue still is whether or not the double-stacking can be confirmed with just an image of the card...

But I guess the answer is probably no.

Reply 21 of 23, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
AngryByDefault wrote on 2023-08-22, 14:58:
Yeah, but pics in most of the ads I see are not clear enough to read the chip's markings. Then again, maybe I can't count mem's […]
Show full quote
Sphere478 wrote on 2023-08-22, 13:43:

At OP Well, look up the data sheet for the ram chips.

Yeah, but pics in most of the ads I see are not clear enough to read the chip's markings. Then again, maybe I can't count mem's pad from those either.. I'll check that out...

>> If total bus width of all chips is less than 128 then 128-bit isn’t possible.
>> But if it is 128 or larger, it is possible that ram is double stacked as 64-bit.

Hence the bottom issue still is whether or not the double-stacking can be confirmed with just an image of the card...

But I guess the answer is probably no.

A investigation of traces and the bus width of the chips can help you make a educated guess. To be sure, you could dump the bios and open it in rabit or maybe check gpu-z

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 23 of 23, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

BGA is a good chance it's 128-bit as well. This one has 4 chips, 2 on the front and 2 on the back and it's 128-bit:

Attachments