VOGONS

Reply 40 of 45, by Jollyroger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2024-01-25, 03:15:

Good job ! Glad you got some that work. May sound strange but can you post a picture of them ? you do not need remove them, just a general close up be ok, am curious of the chip layout.

Oh certainly! Attached are front and back pictures (from the eBay listing).

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600.jpg
    File size
    263.66 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    File size
    255.08 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 41 of 45, by rasz_pl

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Btw Im not so sure about the parity being at all important here. Id wager a guess its ignored completely and parity output is not even connected to anything on the motherboard.

Open Source AT&T Globalyst/NCR/FIC 486-GAC-2 proprietary Cache Module reproduction

Reply 42 of 45, by Jollyroger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That is entirely possible, I did not uninstall the board and traced the pins...
Having said that, looking at the different modules schematics, the only difference between these modules and the other modules that don't work is that the ones that don't work use these quad cas chips for parity, as far as I can tell.

Reply 43 of 45, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks for the pictures ! Their layout is different than mine and the datasheet, but am not surprised 😀

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 45 of 45, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jollyroger wrote on 2024-01-25, 01:26:

I am very pleased to confirm that it works! The THM362020ASG-70 are doing the trick, I have a full complement of 32MB now 😀

Good thing I mentioned these what you need to look for helped so much for you.

That's happy ending.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.