VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You will no longer be able to buy magic potions, spells, tarot card readings, etc. on ebay after August 31.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/08/20/ebay-b … -potions-magic/

Basically most non-material goods and services will be banned because of difficulties with refunds because there is no way to "return" a magic spell that has been cast or a downloadable text file when you feel you have been ripped off.

Reply 3 of 15, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You still have a few days to order!! And anyway she probably has a 1-800 line for all your arcane needs.

FM sound card comparison on a Grand Scale!!
The Grand OPL3 Comparison Run.

Reply 4 of 15, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You still have a few days to order!! And anyway she probably has a 1-800 line for all your arcane needs.

Hot damn! I better start dialing! I wanna get all the voodoo and enchantments I can get! Maybe I can have her cast a luck spell so I can find a boxed copy of wolfenstien.

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.

Reply 5 of 15, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh, man....there goes the opportunity to find a Girdle of Giant Strength +3 on ebay. I wonder if I'll miss a Ring of Invisibility too....sigh....

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 10 of 15, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Rofl, this one is awesome!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Haunted-Grandma-Bakes … =item1e71b2e9eb

Reply 11 of 15, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MaxWar wrote:

What the.... is he/she serious in selling a dragon spirit? I mean,...really?

This is part of the description I saw there :

You have a chance to bid on a Real Life Dragon!He's in spirit,but very much real.You will see. […]
Show full quote

You have a chance to bid on a Real Life Dragon!He's in spirit,but very much real.You will see.

He does all you would expect him to.Breathes fire the whole kit and kaboodle.(The old lady would use this to reheat her meals on wheels.)

You will receive his vessel,a feeding plate(yes you have to feed him),and a potion that helps bonds him to you.Once the potion has run out that bonding process will be complete.

After you own this piece your life will never be the same,& you will never want it to be ever again.

Looks like an interesting offer. But a 100 dollars for a dragon spirit? I'm skeptical because the price is cheap. Is it a retired dragon?

Wait, I'm also wondering about :

1. What if he accidentally sends a European Dragon, rather than an Asian Dragon spirit?

2. What if he accidentally sends an Acid Spitting Dragon, rather than a Fire Breathing one?

3. How the heck do I know if it's an Asian Dragon Spirit?

4. Feed him? What....err...knights? Where am I gonna find knights? England? And do Asian Dragons like English Knights?

5. And the Bonding Potion - is it I who have to drink it or do I force the Dragon to drink it? If so, where do I find the mouth on a Spirit Dragon?

I wonder how did the Grandma got hold of this Asian Dragon Spirit...

Further icing on the cake :

"Returns: No returns or exchanges, but item is covered by eBay Buyer Protection"

"Shipping: FREE Economy Shipping"

I forgot to add....

I wonder how he's planning to "pack and send" the dragon spirit... Is he just gonna tie around the printout of my ebay order details, (which contains my address) around the dragon's ankle, just above it's talons, and ask it to fly towards my place? And I'm guessing he'll just hang the Bonding Potion around it's neck at the same time.

Or maybe not...maybe he'll just stuff the "spirit" in a bottle, and put a label on it "To Malaysia, With Love" with the US stamps.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 12 of 15, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hehehe
The dragon spirit costs 15$ to ship in canada (with usps)

I like the part when it says:
"I cannot risk posting a picture of something so powerful."
Thats golden 🤣

Reply 13 of 15, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Malik wrote:
What the.... is he/she serious in selling a dragon spirit? I mean,...really? […]
Show full quote
MaxWar wrote:

What the.... is he/she serious in selling a dragon spirit? I mean,...really?

This is part of the description I saw there :

You have a chance to bid on a Real Life Dragon!He's in spirit,but very much real.You will see. […]
Show full quote

You have a chance to bid on a Real Life Dragon!He's in spirit,but very much real.You will see.

He does all you would expect him to.Breathes fire the whole kit and kaboodle.(The old lady would use this to reheat her meals on wheels.)

You will receive his vessel,a feeding plate(yes you have to feed him),and a potion that helps bonds him to you.Once the potion has run out that bonding process will be complete.

After you own this piece your life will never be the same,& you will never want it to be ever again.

Looks like an interesting offer. But a 100 dollars for a dragon spirit? I'm skeptical because the price is cheap. Is it a retired dragon?

Wait, I'm also wondering about :

1. What if he accidentally sends a European Dragon, rather than an Asian Dragon spirit?

2. What if he accidentally sends an Acid Spitting Dragon, rather than a Fire Breathing one?

3. How the heck do I know if it's an Asian Dragon Spirit?

4. Feed him? What....err...knights? Where am I gonna find knights? England? And do Asian Dragons like English Knights?

5. And the Bonding Potion - is it I who have to drink it or do I force the Dragon to drink it? If so, where do I find the mouth on a Spirit Dragon?

I wonder how did the Grandma got hold of this Asian Dragon Spirit...

Further icing on the cake :

"Returns: No returns or exchanges, but item is covered by eBay Buyer Protection"

"Shipping: FREE Economy Shipping"

I forgot to add....

I wonder how he's planning to "pack and send" the dragon spirit... Is he just gonna tie around the printout of my ebay order details, (which contains my address) around the dragon's ankle, just above it's talons, and ask it to fly towards my place? And I'm guessing he'll just hang the Bonding Potion around it's neck at the same time.

Or maybe not...maybe he'll just stuff the "spirit" in a bottle, and put a label on it "To Malaysia, With Love" with the US stamps.

Usually where there is the spirit of some mystical being for sale, it is supposedly bound to an item like a ring or pendant or some other small trinket that can easily be sent cheaply through the mail. I think the reason why ebay is banning these things is solely because of the fact that buyer protection does cover it. The seller can make any outlandish claim they want to and then when it turns out to be false, ebay is the one who has to repay the buyer and not the seller of the item.

So if I sell a friend of mine a genie in a bottle for $10,000 and they don't file a complaint until after I have already spent or withdrawn the money, ebay pays them back and they can't get the money from me because it's already gone. Metaphysical items are also potential money laundering scams. Someone gets a cracker jack ring and says they have cast a magic spell on it or bound a magical spirit to it then sell it for hundreds or thousands of dollars. They do this a few hundred times a year using various associates and they can transfer a large amount of money in short time in a manner that is less traceable than using Western Union.

Reply 15 of 15, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

Usually where there is the spirit of some mystical being for sale, it is supposedly bound to an item like a ring or pendant or some other small trinket that can easily be sent cheaply through the mail. I think the reason why ebay is banning these things is solely because of the fact that buyer protection does cover it. The seller can make any outlandish claim they want to and then when it turns out to be false, ebay is the one who has to repay the buyer and not the seller of the item.

That's not true. eBay doesn't usually handle money at all. (With regard to the transaction, anyway. eBay does collect seller/listing type fees after the fact)

PayPal refunds the buyer from the seller's account. If the seller has no PayPal credit, PayPal will go to the seller's linked accounts. If there are no linked accounts, PayPal will go to debt collection.

The eBay+PayPal system is heavily stacked toward the buyer.

However, since eBay owns PayPal, and this process would incur administrative costs, it's no surprise they're banning this kind of rubbish. 😀

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread