VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by intel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I watched a video on Youtube where a dead Nvidia 8800gtx was baked in the oven and the person who posted the video claims this fixed his card. I was wondering if anyone has every tried this with any success??

Reply 2 of 5, by VooDooMan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Some time ago my fiance spilt the water on half of my ABIT BX-133 motherboard while watering the flowers... She did not inform me of that fact of course becouse she was afriad of my reaction 😉
The mobo refused to boot after that "showering" and I realized that something was wrong... When I finally expressed my frustration I simply put the MOBO to the oven for more or less 15 minutes thinking that it would not revive it but to my surprise it helped 😁 It works till this day.

I do not know what's the matter with your card but if it suffered a similar fate then In this case the baking method works perfectly 😀

Best Tualatin Motherboard
ECS P6S5AT at 166 MHz
Overclocking Pentium III

Reply 3 of 5, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It works. I've revived some cards, although they will AFAIK go bad eventually. I have baked a 8800GTS 512 twice because of this. My 4850 is working fine though and it's been far longer since I baked that.