VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 33, by kreats

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Did you download it from archive.org or somewhere else? Someone might have fixed it and offered it as part of a set to download.

My file is 1.94 GB (2,083,579,908 bytes).

Attached is a rar with screenshots of what I get when I go to codec information in VLC - there seems to be an abnormal amount of tracks? I checked playback with VLC and it indeed plays with no audio.

Last edited by kreats on 2016-03-20, 14:06. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 21 of 33, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stiletto wrote:

Interesting, maybe the Archive has a corrupt copy?

It's very possible that TVA themselves screwed up the MPEG2 encoding and Stewart Cheifet uploaded many of them as-is.

Some of them also have strange resolutions like 320x480 and 480x480

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 22 of 33, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kreats wrote:

Did you download it from archive.org or somewhere else? Someone might have fixed it and offered it as part of a set to download.

It's been a long time, but I don't remember ever downloading these from anywhere except archive.org.
I think what probably happened is that I (or maybe my brother) edited out the last ~20 seconds where the audio glitches, and re-encoded the resulting 28m:02s version as a new .mpg file in TMPGEnc. I don't know what tool would have been used for the actual editing, but I was using TMPGEnc to encode MPEG-2 files back then. Apparently my settings caused it to make a smaller file size than the original. I don't remember for certain, but that's likely what happened. If you have the original 2GB file then I'd try doing a similar edit and see if it works.

kreats wrote:

Attached is a rar with screenshots of what I get when I go to codec information in VLC - there seems to be an abnormal amount of tracks? I checked playback with VLC and it indeed plays with no audio.

That does look pretty messed up. Mine is just like this:

Clipboard01.png
Filename
Clipboard01.png
File size
7.28 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

and as mentioned, mine cuts out the last ~20-30 seconds, just about exactly where the audio goes mute on the embedded web player on the archive.org site. I think there must be a glitch at that point which was removed to fix the file.

Reply 23 of 33, by kreats

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Anyone with any video knowhow have any input on what would be the best tool to correct this with?

Basically, I know nothing about this topic so help would be handy. Anyway season 7 coming up soonish.

Reply 24 of 33, by kreats

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bummer that nobody was able to help.

Quite a few episodes missing from S7 - there is a chance I just missed them however (everything is everywhere on archive.org):

S7E01 Personal Finance Software
S7E02 Creativity Software
S7E03 Artificial Intelligence
S7E05 Software for Kids
S7E10 Software Piracy
S7E14 Computers and the Law
S7E17 Computer Ergonomics

Actually dos to mac and the fitness one are also corrupted (remove from cc.txt if you don't want). Dunno why this season is so bad..

Last edited by kreats on 2016-03-20, 14:06. Edited 1 time in total.