VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I wonder if it is Sound Blaster Live! compatible (who knows what IC is hiding under that heatsink) ?

http://www.dx.com/p/upgrade-0060-built-in-pci … 77#.V3X-KmdzaM8

Reply 1 of 25, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

"Adopts CMI8738 chip" found in the item description. C-Media 🤣.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 5 of 25, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thou shalt not use thy blessed sound card to play computer games, for games are the tool of Satan. Upon the games the sound card will rain crashes, fire and brimstone and blue screen will be the portion of their PC.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 6 of 25, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I really want someone to buy one of these. Maybe build a bootleg/crap pc. Something involving PCCHIPS and one of those weird Chinese knockoff video cards

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 7 of 25, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Thou shalt not use thy blessed sound card to play computer games, for games are the tool of Satan. Upon the games the sound card will rain crashes, fire and brimstone and blue screen will be the portion of their PC.

"[THIS SECTION REMOVED BECAUSE IT WAS BLASPHEMOUS.
SATAN IS COME DOWN TO US HAVING GREAT WRATH FOR HE KNOWETH THAT HIS TIME IS SHORT.] "

Reply 8 of 25, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MrEWhite wrote:

"[THIS SECTION REMOVED BECAUSE IT WAS BLASPHEMOUS.
SATAN IS COME DOWN TO US HAVING GREAT WRATH FOR HE KNOWETH THAT HIS TIME IS SHORT.] "

Seriously, I wonder what the section is all about. It's kinda odd. I mean, wasn't the section written by the blogger himself? But then he removed it because it was blasphemous? I mean, what the hell? (No pun intended.)

Anyway, according to Pat Robertson, killing in video games is real sin, and video games are the devil. So am I the only one who imagine the blessed sound card would have +5 bonus to crash and blue screen every time you try to run a game with it?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 11 of 25, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lightmaster wrote:

😳 THAT video is real? And I thought Benny Hinn was the most insane preacher around, turned out I was wrong. 😳

Anyway, someone out there genuinely believes Dungeons & Dragons teaches real witchcraft. 😳

0046_04.gif

0046_05.gif

0046_18.gif

Reply 14 of 25, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Arctic wrote:

It's still a bootleg but there seems to be some creativity involved.

No pun intended?

Seeing the above posts, I was actually hoping to see "SB0666" printed on the card instead just to put in a little extra conflict...

Blessed Be,

Archs(at)an

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)

Reply 15 of 25, by lightmaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lightmaster wrote:

😳 THAT video is real? And I thought Benny Hinn was the most insane preacher around, turned out I was wrong. 😳

Sad but true...

25071588525_735097840e_b.jpg

Reply 16 of 25, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Benny Hinn et al = 😵 😵 😵 😵
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Man, that's one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. But the name is ridiculous. "Sound *Blessed*"?! What kind of dopefish came up with that?

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.