VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 700 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Fajita wrap....
Onions caramalised, then chicken roasted in that. Added spice mix and a bit of sour cream (18% fatt) and used it in wraps with romaine salad and red pepper. It taste really good, and the picture is before it was rolled up.

Fajita-Wrap.jpg
Filename
Fajita-Wrap.jpg
File size
1.51 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 701 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Lasagne.... No cheese....
Bolognese is made with concentrated tomato paste, and red wine added for the missing water. The white sauce is made from butter, milk and lots of spices and shit....

Lasagne-01.jpg
Filename
Lasagne-01.jpg
File size
1.76 MiB
Views
File license
Lasagne-02.jpg
Filename
Lasagne-02.jpg
File size
975.5 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 703 of 739, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For New Year's eve I fired up the slow cooker and I'm brewing up what my late parents had going every holiday season. Homemade meatballs with smoked sausage chunks slow cooked in a half BBQ sauce, half grape jelly mixture. I know it doesn't look or sound like much, but after about four hours you grab some toothpicks and have at it. It really is a tasty treat.

cocktail_meats.jpg
Filename
cocktail_meats.jpg
File size
305.13 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 706 of 739, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
liqmat wrote on 2022-12-31, 21:18:

For New Year's eve I fired up the slow cooker and I'm brewing up what my late parents had going every holiday season. Homemade meatballs with smoked sausage chunks slow cooked in a half BBQ sauce, half grape jelly mixture. I know it doesn't look or sound like much, but after about four hours you grab some toothpicks and have at it. It really is a tasty treat.

cocktail_meats.jpg

My parents and in-laws do a a very similar thing for the holidays. It's quite good

Reply 707 of 739, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
theelf wrote on 2022-12-31, 21:24:

New year food!

IMG-20221231-WA0033.jpg

That looks like quite the nice meal. We still haven't decided what to make and when to have each part of the meal.

Reply 708 of 739, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2022-12-31, 22:20:

New year food!

IMG-20221231-WA0033.jpg

That looks like quite the nice meal. We still haven't decided what to make and when to have each part of the meal.

thanks, is a mix of argentinian food (im from argentina) and from paraguay (my wife)

My favorite is "matambre" is a roll of meat and inside vegetables and egg

liqmat wrote on 2022-12-31, 21:59:

New year food!

IMG-20221231-WA0033.jpg

Do I spy Scotch eggs? I do love me some Scotch eggs!

Is similar, some are boiled and some deep fried

I love eggs too, my wife always do because of me

Reply 709 of 739, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
theelf wrote on 2023-01-01, 01:43:
thanks, is a mix of argentinian food (im from argentina) and from paraguay (my wife) […]
Show full quote
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2022-12-31, 22:20:

New year food!

IMG-20221231-WA0033.jpg

thanks, is a mix of argentinian food (im from argentina) and from paraguay (my wife)

My favorite is "matambre" is a roll of meat and inside vegetables and egg

liqmat wrote on 2022-12-31, 21:59:

New year food!

IMG-20221231-WA0033.jpg

Do I spy Scotch eggs? I do love me some Scotch eggs!

Is similar, some are boiled and some deep fried

I love eggs too, my wife always do because of me

Very nice I've had that before and it's very good.

Reply 710 of 739, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

BBQ chicken wings here 😀
Happy new year, everyone!

IMG_0589.jpg
Filename
IMG_0589.jpg
File size
102.35 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart
archive.org: PCMCIA software, manuals, drivers

Reply 711 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Those are nice NewYear dishes.... As for me, I was mainly in the kitchen. And I only managed to grab one picture of the food. It was the starter, before taking pictures became irellevant because of how busy cooking got.

This starter were a bit of fine sliced iceberg salad. Then some smoked salmon. Some homemade tuna mouse. Then some crayfish tails. Some shrimps. A bit of mayo with some fish egg's on top. Those egg's are not from the sturgen, but made like caviar and way cheaper. I used a blob of mayo to "glue" the egg's on top. Finally some asparegus as well. I served some ciabatta baguette on the side. As well as a dressing, made from sourcream, fresh lime juice, black pepper, garlic, sugar and salt. (dressing and bread not on the picture)

Main serving, were red beef roasted in the oven. With baked root's (carrots, onions and so on) that were mixed with thyme, oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Boiled potatoes and a redwine gravy.

Dessert were blueberry milkshake with whipped cream on top and a sugar conserved cherry on top. Cold, fresh and slightly sweet.

Fish.jpg
Filename
Fish.jpg
File size
868.18 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 712 of 739, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote on 2023-01-01, 18:53:
Those are nice NewYear dishes.... As for me, I was mainly in the kitchen. And I only managed to grab one picture of the food. It […]
Show full quote

Those are nice NewYear dishes.... As for me, I was mainly in the kitchen. And I only managed to grab one picture of the food. It was the starter, before taking pictures became irellevant because of how busy cooking got.

This starter were a bit of fine sliced iceberg salad. Then some smoked salmon. Some homemade tuna mouse. Then some crayfish tails. Some shrimps. A bit of mayo with some fish egg's on top. Those egg's are not from the sturgen, but made like caviar and way cheaper. I used a blob of mayo to "glue" the egg's on top. Finally some asparegus as well. I served some ciabatta baguette on the side. As well as a dressing, made from sourcream, fresh lime juice, black pepper, garlic, sugar and salt. (dressing and bread not on the picture)

Main serving, were red beef roasted in the oven. With baked root's (carrots, onions and so on) that were mixed with thyme, oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Boiled potatoes and a redwine gravy.

Dessert were blueberry milkshake with whipped cream on top and a sugar conserved cherry on top. Cold, fresh and slightly sweet.

Fish.jpg

That looks lovely. Now that I am getting a tad older I am going to start reducing my meat intake and try to shift into more of a pescatarian diet.

Reply 713 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
liqmat wrote on 2023-01-02, 01:14:
Those are nice NewYear dishes.... As for me, I was mainly in the kitchen. And I only managed to grab one picture of the food. It […]
Show full quote

Fish.jpg

That looks lovely. Now that I am getting a tad older I am going to start reducing my meat intake and try to shift into more of a pescatarian diet.

I had to google that term. Basically means: All good from the sea....
Yup. Getting old my self with all these tarian-term's that are being launched recently. 😁 😁

Seafood is great, as it gives a lot of these oil's and vitamin's. However there are these fishoil tablets,
that you can buy. If seafood is not really your thing.

Reply 714 of 739, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Show full quote

Fish.jpg

Cool stuff, brostenen! Switching to seafood comes with wisdom 😁
Wonder if those black eggs taste like actual black caviar.

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart

Reply 715 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Bondi wrote on 2023-01-02, 10:32:
Show full quote

Fish.jpg

I have never had caviar from sturgeon. But a good number of English food websites, call them caviar. They are lumpfish egg's.
They taste like fresh clean sea and have a crunchy texture to them. I paid the equivelant to one and a half Dollar (1,5 USD) for 50 gram.
They usually cost double, so they are still a cheap alternative for the real deal.
Colour wise, they come in multiple colours. Black, red or orange.

Reply 717 of 739, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote on 2023-01-02, 15:21:
I have never had caviar from sturgeon. But a good number of English food websites, call them caviar. They are lumpfish egg's. Th […]
Show full quote
Show full quote

Fish.jpg

I have never had caviar from sturgeon. But a good number of English food websites, call them caviar. They are lumpfish egg's.
They taste like fresh clean sea and have a crunchy texture to them. I paid the equivelant to one and a half Dollar (1,5 USD) for 50 gram.
They usually cost double, so they are still a cheap alternative for the real deal.

I never heard of lumpfish eggs before, and it's good to know that such thing exists. eed to check if it's available in my area. I've read some opinins and many peple like it better than red caviar, which is egggs of salmonids. And that is aldeady a good achievment.
The real sturgeon caviar is getting increasingly unaffordable. Iast year I got a can of 250 gramms for around EUR 100, the quality was excellent, but that's from kind of an illegal source. It desappeared this year. And the legal one is at least tripple the price.

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart

Reply 718 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Bondi wrote on 2023-01-03, 14:24:
I have never had caviar from sturgeon. But a good number of English food websites, call them caviar. They are lumpfish egg's. Th […]
Show full quote

I never heard of lumpfish eggs before, and it's good to know that such thing exists. eed to check if it's available in my area. I've read some opinins and many peple like it better than red caviar, which is egggs of salmonids. And that is aldeady a good achievment.
The real sturgeon caviar is getting increasingly unaffordable. Iast year I got a can of 250 gramms for around EUR 100, the quality was excellent, but that's from kind of an illegal source. It desappeared this year. And the legal one is at least tripple the price.

What country are you from? Perhaps I can google a source in your country.

Reply 719 of 739, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote on 2023-01-03, 14:32:
Bondi wrote on 2023-01-03, 14:24:
Show full quote

What country are you from? Perhaps I can google a source in your country.

Thanks for offering your help. I've actually found where to get it. 😀

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart