VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Source: https://www.scummvm.org/news/20210317/

Exciting news! Thanks to the tremendous effort of Damiano Gerli and the generosity of original game authors, Marco Caprelli, Pao […]
Show full quote

Exciting news! Thanks to the tremendous effort of Damiano Gerli and the generosity of original game authors, Marco Caprelli, Paolo Costabel, Massimo Magnasciutti and producer Bruno Boz, we are happy to announce the freeware release of the game Nippon Safes Inc..

This is a small but fun game created in 1992 by the small Italian studio DYNABYTE divisione EUCLIDEA s.r.l. You can read about the game and the history of Dynabyte in more detail on Damiano’s Blog, the Genesis Temple.

Both DOS and Amiga versions have been declared freeware, with permission to modify the files, which makes it possible to disable the manual protection. Nevertheless, we are distributing scanned copies of the manual as well. You can grab your copies from our games page.

The game itself has been supported since ScummVM 0.10.0, which was released in 2007.

Have fun and enjoy another great freeware point-and-click adventure!

PS. If you happen to own boxes of The Big Red Adventure and Tequila & Boom Boom titles from the same developer and have the ability to provide high-res scans of those, please contact sev.

ScummVM Games Page: https://www.scummvm.org/games

Reply 2 of 5, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oooh, I recently discovered a demo of the sequel, The Big Red Adventure. Before that I was not aware of this series' existence. I'm generally not much into pointy-clicky adventures though.

DOS Games Archive | Free open source games | RGB Classic Games

Reply 4 of 5, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MrFlibble wrote on 2021-03-19, 17:33:

Oooh, I recently discovered a demo of the sequel, The Big Red Adventure. Before that I was not aware of this series' existence.

Then you may want to look at this list:
Re: Recommend me some gold old DOS games?

Reply 5 of 5, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote on 2021-03-19, 20:22:

Then you may want to look at this list:
Re: Recommend me some gold old DOS games?

Thanks!

TBH I'm not really into adventure game thing. I do know some of the titles from that list and even played a few to some extent. I just thought that The Big Red Adventure was kind of cute judging by the demo, nice art style that reminded me of something else. It was like a time trip back into when this game was new. And the early 90s Moscow is not a complete caricature so that's a plus.

Also your list mentions Runaway as coming from the same authors as Igor: Objective Oikokahonia. If you mean this Runaway then it's from a completely different developer that is from Germany; IIRC Igor is by a Spanish developer.

DOS Games Archive | Free open source games | RGB Classic Games