VOGONS

Regressive bugs - report them here

Topic actions

Reply 121 of 137, by GT500

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been messing around with dgVoodoo2 in Dragon Age Origins, and I found that versions of dgVoodoo2 from 2.8 to 2.82.5 have an issue with certain magic effect textures appearing black. Here's some screenshots of what it looks like when a mage uses "Winter's Grasp" with one of the effected versions installed:

Screenshots of broken texture.

daorigins_broken_effect_texture_01.png daorigins_broken_effect_texture_02.png daorigins_broken_effect_texture_03.png daorigins_broken_effect_texture_04.png daorigins_broken_effect_texture_05.png

This seems to be a regression from 2.79.3 where this effect texture worked fine. Here's a screenshot of what the "Winter's Grasp" effect looked like in that version:

Screenshot of working texture.

daorigins_working_effect_texture.png

I think I might have seen more broken effect textures when playing the main campaign as mage, but at the time I switched to DXVK since I was having issues using ReShade and dgVoodoo2 in Dragon Age Origins. I can't remember for certain though, as it was some time ago that I originally tried the game with dgVoodoo2.

Reply 122 of 137, by Joshhhuaaa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There is a regression bug affecting Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory's Versus mode that began occurring with dgVoodoo v2.82 and in all following versions, including v2.82.5. The last working version of dgVoodoo is v2.81.3.

In this game, the laser from the Shocker Gun projects a texture onto BSP surfaces and StaticMeshes. However, dgVoodoo2 seems to have issues rendering this texture consistently on StaticMeshes. The laser appears only at certain angles, typically at the corners or edges of a mesh, and then gradually fades away. BSP surfaces still handle the laser projector texture correctly.

Video example of regression

Reply 123 of 137, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GT500 wrote on 2024-07-09, 04:12:
I've been messing around with dgVoodoo2 in Dragon Age Origins, and I found that versions of dgVoodoo2 from 2.8 to 2.82.5 have an […]
Show full quote

I've been messing around with dgVoodoo2 in Dragon Age Origins, and I found that versions of dgVoodoo2 from 2.8 to 2.82.5 have an issue with certain magic effect textures appearing black. Here's some screenshots of what it looks like when a mage uses "Winter's Grasp" with one of the effected versions installed:

Screenshots of broken texture.

daorigins_broken_effect_texture_01.png daorigins_broken_effect_texture_02.png daorigins_broken_effect_texture_03.png daorigins_broken_effect_texture_04.png daorigins_broken_effect_texture_05.png

This seems to be a regression from 2.79.3 where this effect texture worked fine. Here's a screenshot of what the "Winter's Grasp" effect looked like in that version:

Screenshot of working texture.

daorigins_working_effect_texture.png

I think I might have seen more broken effect textures when playing the main campaign as mage, but at the time I switched to DXVK since I was having issues using ReShade and dgVoodoo2 in Dragon Age Origins. I can't remember for certain though, as it was some time ago that I originally tried the game with dgVoodoo2.

I tested all the spells I could cast (Winter's Grasp does nothing for me) but didn't see any black texture. One thing though: I remember patching this game to 4GB aware otherwise the rendering might have had missing parts when the memory usage reached 2GB. Maybe that, I don't know.

Reply 124 of 137, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Joshhhuaaa wrote on 2024-07-19, 18:38:

There is a regression bug affecting Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory's Versus mode that began occurring with dgVoodoo v2.82 and in all following versions, including v2.82.5. The last working version of dgVoodoo is v2.81.3.

In this game, the laser from the Shocker Gun projects a texture onto BSP surfaces and StaticMeshes. However, dgVoodoo2 seems to have issues rendering this texture consistently on StaticMeshes. The laser appears only at certain angles, typically at the corners or edges of a mesh, and then gradually fades away. BSP surfaces still handle the laser projector texture correctly.

Video example of regression

Thanks, indeed, fixed.

Reply 126 of 137, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

WIth the last releases (proper release and WIP) I got a strange issue in Splinter Cell, strange because it seems to not appear in Windows 11 22H2 but only in 23H2. Bloom "sources" (lights, windows, street lamps, etc.) are just dislocated in the scene (like in another layer not in sync with the "main" one) but when I press WIN+D (2 times of course) the scene becomes right

Reply 128 of 137, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bandit9229 wrote on 2024-07-26, 10:07:
Hi, […]
Show full quote

Hi,

I'd like to report a bug with Cubic Mipmapping in Colin McRae Rally 2.0. It doesn't work when using dgvoodoo.
Rest of mipmapping options are working fine.
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Colin_McRae … cs_settings.jpg

Could you plz post a screenshot about what the problem is with it? I practically cannot see much/any differene between Cubic trilinear/bilinear.

Reply 129 of 137, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote on 2024-07-23, 21:22:

WIth the last releases (proper release and WIP) I got a strange issue in Splinter Cell, strange because it seems to not appear in Windows 11 22H2 but only in 23H2. Bloom "sources" (lights, windows, street lamps, etc.) are just dislocated in the scene (like in another layer not in sync with the "main" one) but when I press WIN+D (2 times of course) the scene becomes right

Could you post a screenshot? I remember having a glitch like this with SC3 when resolution was forced.

Reply 130 of 137, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

0.jpg

1.jpg

Reply 131 of 137, by ShinChaosBahamut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Do you have "Force Scale&MSAA on RT Textures" disabled? If so, that would cause that problem (in my experience, anyways) so I'd recommend keeping that enabled. (do note that this'll cause dgvoodoo-forced MSAA and SSAA to produce graphical errors whenever large bodies of water are on screen, as such I'd recommend settling with Reshade FXAA/SMAA)

Reply 132 of 137, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nope, it's enabled.

Reply 133 of 137, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote on 2024-07-28, 22:18:
https://i.postimg.cc/SKwRf6rp/0.jpg […]
Show full quote

0.jpg

1.jpg

Isn't resolution forcing taking place somehow? Say, the monitor scale is 125/150% and the game is (set to) not high DPI aware or sg like that?

Reply 134 of 137, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote on 2024-07-31, 17:56:
Show full quote

0.jpg

1.jpg

Isn't resolution forcing taking place somehow? Say, the monitor scale is 125/150% and the game is (set to) not high DPI aware or sg like that?

Damn! 😁

It was the splintercelluser config file in read-only mode with 2560x1440 resolution set inside.....during the runtime the thirteenag widescreen patch wrongly reports the desktop resolution (1920x1080) in the option menu, no matter the actual resolution used 'cause of the read-only flag!

Last edited by lowenz on 2024-07-31, 19:20. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 135 of 137, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote on 2024-07-31, 19:18:
Dege wrote on 2024-07-31, 17:56:
Show full quote

0.jpg

1.jpg

Damn! 😁

It was the splintercelluser config file in read-only mode with 2560x1440 resolution set inside.....during the runtime the thirteenag widescreen patch wrongly reports the desktop resolution (1920x1080) in the option menu, no matter the actual resolution used 'cause of the read-only flag!

Great! 😎

Reply 136 of 137, by mitradis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Battle for Middle-earth crashing when minimized in taskbar.

Reply 137 of 137, by hdc0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Starting with dgVoodoo v2.82.2, some graphics in Croc 2 have a blue tint. Other games using the same engine (such as Aladdin in Nasira's Revenge or The Emperor's New Groove) are also affected. Older versions of dgVoodoo (v2.82.1 and lower) are not affected.

I used the official Croc 2 demo to take the attached screenshots.
https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file … 95-croc-2-demo/

The attachment Croc2 demo dgVoodoo v2.82.1.png is no longer available
The attachment Croc2 demo dgVoodoo v2.82.2.png is no longer available