SPLINTERCELL3.png
😁

Reply 3781 of 3949, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You made a D3D9 wrapper?

Arthur Schopenhauer wrote:

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.

Reply 3782 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:
Far Cry and Chaos Theory through dgVoodoo: […]
Show full quote

Far Cry and Chaos Theory through dgVoodoo:

FarCry.png
SPLINTERCELL3.png
😁

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT...................................................................................................

Reply 3783 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lowenz wrote:
Dege wrote:
Far Cry and Chaos Theory through dgVoodoo: […]
Show full quote

Far Cry and Chaos Theory through dgVoodoo:

FarCry.png
SPLINTERCELL3.png
😁

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT...................................................................................................

Hmm . Post a pic with what MSI overlay says. If it says D3D9 then hmmm...i dont think it is possble....fake news. 😀

Reply 3784 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dege maybe got the d3d9 (for dx9a/b) already implemented.....

Reply 3785 of 3949, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

well i decided to revisit Wing Commander 3 with the Kilrathi saga patch, and now the space skybox is blue as the DOS version as per 2.55.3+

While the from 2.55.2 and backwards is dark as the PSX version

https://imgur.com/a/ZziAE6s

Reply 3786 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:

It's D3D9 with shader model 1.x.
But up until now I only tested it with a bunch of Farbrausch demos, FarCry, SC3 and Stalker.
Stalker turned out to be a DllMain game so it won't work.

Reply 3787 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:
It's D3D9 with shader model 1.x. But up until now I only tested it with a bunch of Farbrausch demos, FarCry, SC3 and Stalker. St […]
Show full quote
lowenz wrote:

It's D3D9 with shader model 1.x.
But up until now I only tested it with a bunch of Farbrausch demos, FarCry, SC3 and Stalker.
Stalker turned out to be a DllMain game so it won't work.

Well, we must prepare a testbench list with all the d3d9 sm 1.x games! 😁

Can you check in Chaos Theory if the nightvision/heatvision shader is working right?

Reply 3788 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Seems ok to me:
SPLINTERCELL3-2018-10-13-11-41-16-01.png SPLINTERCELL3-2018-10-13-11-41-43-70.png

Reply 3789 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
Seems ok to me: https://i.postimg.cc/KKtVQ1sn/SPLINTERCELL3-2018-10-13-11-41-16-01.png https://i.postimg.cc/mPvJQYVL/SPLINTERCEL […]
Show full quote

Seems ok to me:
SPLINTERCELL3-2018-10-13-11-41-16-01.png SPLINTERCELL3-2018-10-13-11-41-43-70.png

Although D3D9 is good news i've would loved SCPT ligting issue to be workedaround. 😀 Also for other DX6-8 titles before moving on. (modding teritory here)
I really love your work but i fear extending support for D3D9 might break other things. Are there that many games that need D3D9 support? From what i know compatibility is still good for Direct X 9 titles.

Another question i have what are your plans for the future? Direct 9 b & c ?

Cheers.

Reply 3791 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
daniel_u wrote:

extending support for D3D9 might break other things. Are there that many games that need D3D9 support? From what i know compatibility is still good for Direct X 9 titles.

It's a separeted DLL, so no problem for DDRAW/D3D8.
We must compile a list of all D3D9 SM1.x games to help Dege (searching games from 2003/2004 to 2006/2007).

Reply 3792 of 3949, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't think there's any way to reliably tell which games are SM1.x from system requirements, is there? I don't think there's even any reliable way to tell if you actually have the game?

Reply 3793 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If they have the possibility to choose - through the option menu or the config files - the shader model (as Chaos Theory does)..... 😁

Reply 3794 of 3949, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Tested with Wing Commander IV Win95 -i(ddraw) activated
Menus are still buggy and it doesn't scale, only the config menu works, same goes to the DVD GoG/ORIGIN release.

Also i looked at JANE's Fighter Anthology, there are black artifacts and flickering on the entire game, you need to move the mouse to see the screen fully
F22 Lightning 3 with Direct3d activated runs well

Reply 3795 of 3949, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've tried the latest version (2.55.4) with ZDoom 1.23b33 and it doesn't work. I get a "DirectDraw returned no display modes" error. Same with WineD3D for windows. I'm on Windows 8.1 32 bits.
https://zdoom.org/files/123beta33.zip

LZDoom, ZDoom32, ZDoom LE
RUDE (Doom)
Romero's Heresy II (Heretic)

Reply 3796 of 3949, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

Anyone have an issue with starting a new thread with the next release?

This. And please use separate topics for game specific issues, I'm sick of seeing tons of posts about Splinter cell series lighting issues. 😠

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 3797 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Myloch wrote:
DosFreak wrote:

This. And please use separate topics for game specific issues, I'm sick of seeing tons of posts about Splinter cell series lighting issues. 😠

You sir, are a hater.

Reply 3798 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
daniel_u wrote:
Although D3D9 is good news i've would loved SCPT ligting issue to be workedaround. :) Also for other DX6-8 titles before moving […]
Show full quote

Although D3D9 is good news i've would loved SCPT ligting issue to be workedaround. 😀 Also for other DX6-8 titles before moving on. (modding teritory here)
I really love your work but i fear extending support for D3D9 might break other things. Are there that many games that need D3D9 support? From what i know compatibility is still good for Direct X 9 titles.

Cheers.

Yes, it's a separate dll so it shouldn't break others. Main reason of dgVoodoo D3D9 is that I wanted to expose D3D8.1-level through D3D9 once most of the needed code was already implemented.
And I wanted to do the code refactoring before doing any development on it. So, D3D9 b & c is not a priority for now.
BTW, SC3 is complete crap for me natively, no matter what shader model I set. So, now it's useful for me if not others. 😁 😁

ZellSF wrote:

I don't think there's any way to reliably tell which games are SM1.x from system requirements, is there? I don't think there's even any reliable way to tell if you actually have the game?

I think either the game/app itself or dgVoodoo's debug layer will tell it.

DosFreak wrote:

Yes, this thread got way too long now. I don't mind if it's about to be closed. However there still would be nice to have a (new) general thread for general talk and short questions.

Reply 3799 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:

Main reason of dgVoodoo D3D9 is that I wanted to expose D3D8.1-level through D3D9 once most of the needed code was already implemented.

So to understand this better:
D3D8.dll will go into the game folder. From there it will go through d3d11 or d3d9 depending what i select in the main page config combo right? Not sure i get it.
The same for D3d9.dll . Depending what i select will go through dx10 or dx 11, right?

Related to SC3 there are 2 option in game that i always wanted checked. HDR and AA. Once one is checked then the other will be set off. This was a limitation back in the day due to hardware.
Do you think that we can trick the game to be both on? 😀

@Lowenz what was the problem with FarCry 1? From what i know there was an issue with reflection in the water of the terain/forest/mountains. Is this still happening?

I will install these again and give them a go. By the way, checked the latest WIP . I dont see a d3d9.dll file. Did i looked into another WIP,lol? Do i need to rename d3d8 file?

Edit: SC 3 AA and HDR options is for SM 3.0 not 1.1. Guess this will have to wait.😀
Edit2: FC1 is Dx9.0b. So what now?
DX9b.png