VOGONS


dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

  • This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 3785 of 3952, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:
Far Cry and Chaos Theory through dgVoodoo: […]
Show full quote

Far Cry and Chaos Theory through dgVoodoo:

FarCry.png
SPLINTERCELL3.png
😁

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT...................................................................................................

Reply 3786 of 3952, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
lowenz wrote:
Dege wrote:
Far Cry and Chaos Theory through dgVoodoo: […]
Show full quote

Far Cry and Chaos Theory through dgVoodoo:

FarCry.png
SPLINTERCELL3.png
😁

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT...................................................................................................

Hmm . Post a pic with what MSI overlay says. If it says D3D9 then hmmm...i dont think it is possble....fake news. 😀

Reply 3789 of 3952, by Dege

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote:

Dege maybe got the d3d9 (for dx9a/b) already implemented.....

It's D3D9 with shader model 1.x.
But up until now I only tested it with a bunch of Farbrausch demos, FarCry, SC3 and Stalker.
Stalker turned out to be a DllMain game so it won't work.

Reply 3790 of 3952, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:
It's D3D9 with shader model 1.x. But up until now I only tested it with a bunch of Farbrausch demos, FarCry, SC3 and Stalker. St […]
Show full quote
lowenz wrote:

Dege maybe got the d3d9 (for dx9a/b) already implemented.....

It's D3D9 with shader model 1.x.
But up until now I only tested it with a bunch of Farbrausch demos, FarCry, SC3 and Stalker.
Stalker turned out to be a DllMain game so it won't work.

Well, we must prepare a testbench list with all the d3d9 sm 1.x games! 😁

Can you check in Chaos Theory if the nightvision/heatvision shader is working right?

Reply 3792 of 3952, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
Dege wrote:
Seems ok to me: https://i.postimg.cc/KKtVQ1sn/SPLINTERCELL3-2018-10-13-11-41-16-01.png https://i.postimg.cc/mPvJQYVL/SPLINTERCEL […]
Show full quote

Seems ok to me:
SPLINTERCELL3-2018-10-13-11-41-16-01.png SPLINTERCELL3-2018-10-13-11-41-43-70.png

Although D3D9 is good news i've would loved SCPT ligting issue to be workedaround. 😀 Also for other DX6-8 titles before moving on. (modding teritory here)
I really love your work but i fear extending support for D3D9 might break other things. Are there that many games that need D3D9 support? From what i know compatibility is still good for Direct X 9 titles.

Another question i have what are your plans for the future? Direct 9 b & c ?

Cheers.

Reply 3793 of 3952, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Anyone have an issue with starting a new thread with the next release?

DOSBox Compilation Guides
DosBox Feature Request Thread
PC Game Compatibility List
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Running DRM games offline

Reply 3794 of 3952, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
daniel_u wrote:

extending support for D3D9 might break other things. Are there that many games that need D3D9 support? From what i know compatibility is still good for Direct X 9 titles.

Another question i have what are your plans for the future? Direct 9 b & c ?

It's a separeted DLL, so no problem for DDRAW/D3D8.
We must compile a list of all D3D9 SM1.x games to help Dege (searching games from 2003/2004 to 2006/2007).

Reply 3797 of 3952, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Tested with Wing Commander IV Win95 -i(ddraw) activated
Menus are still buggy and it doesn't scale, only the config menu works, same goes to the DVD GoG/ORIGIN release.

Also i looked at JANE's Fighter Anthology, there are black artifacts and flickering on the entire game, you need to move the mouse to see the screen fully
F22 Lightning 3 with Direct3d activated runs well

Reply 3798 of 3952, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

I've tried the latest version (2.55.4) with ZDoom 1.23b33 and it doesn't work. I get a "DirectDraw returned no display modes" error. Same with WineD3D for windows. I'm on Windows 8.1 32 bits.
https://zdoom.org/files/123beta33.zip

ZDoom32, ZDoom LE, ZDoom CLASSIC
ZDoom LE for Win95
Romero's Heresy II (HERETIC)
Romero's Heresy (DOOM)
My Brutal Doom v20c unofficial patch

Reply 3799 of 3952, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
DosFreak wrote:

Anyone have an issue with starting a new thread with the next release?

This. And please use separate topics for game specific issues, I'm sick of seeing tons of posts about Splinter cell series lighting issues. 😠

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"