VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 1662 of 3949, by VEG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

Ok, I changed to 'unspecified' scaling mode when setting the desktop resolution, it still seems to work fine on my computers (AMD, nVidia).
If not even this one will work for you then I think I cannot do anything else for this issue. 🙁

Can we test it a little bit before release? 😀

Best regards, Evgeny

Reply 1664 of 3949, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Myloch wrote:

Hi dege,
have you ever thought about adding support for fancy 3d apis (like CIF, S3D, MSI, PowerSGL...)?

Yes, I bugged him about it a while back. 😁

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 1665 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
VEG wrote:
Dege wrote:

Ok, I changed to 'unspecified' scaling mode when setting the desktop resolution, it still seems to work fine on my computers (AMD, nVidia).
If not even this one will work for you then I think I cannot do anything else for this issue. 🙁

Yes, I just made some other changes so partly re-testing DX/DX8 was needed.
I intend this state to be the final one altough I found regression bug(s) in Glide that are still to be fixed (Diablo II, dynamic shader compiling).

I also fixed some gamma-ramp related problems in DX8, so Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 and NFS3 with DX8 renderer both work now.

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP19.zip

Stiletto wrote:
Myloch wrote: Hi dege, have you ever thought about adding support for fancy 3d apis (like CIF, S3D, MSI, PowerSGL...)? […]
Show full quote

Myloch wrote:
Hi dege,
have you ever thought about adding support for fancy 3d apis (like CIF, S3D, MSI, PowerSGL...)?

Yes, I bugged him about it a while back.

😁
Would be nice, but I'm not planning it now, it all is too time-consuming.

Reply 1666 of 3949, by VEG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dege, thanks. This one works good 😀

But what about this suggestion?

VEG wrote:

Just a suggestion for the configuration utility. Check if dgvoodoo.conf is in the current directory and use it for editing if it exists in the current directory.

I would like to place dgVoodooSetup.exe in the drivers/dgvoodoo/ subdirectory, and it will be nice if it detect dgvoodoo.conf in the own directory and start to edit it automatically.

Another suggestion to change the name of dgVoodooSetup.exe to dgVoodooConf.exe. Just because Windows thinks that dgVoodooSetup.exe have to setup something, but it doesn't, and as the result Windows sometimes asks me if this installer is failed. Just stupid heuristics =)

Best regards, Evgeny

Reply 1667 of 3949, by VEG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does dgVoodoo Napalm support these sizes of the textures?

/* Napalm extensions to GrLOD_t */
#define GR_LOD_LOG2_2048 0xb
#define GR_LOD_LOG2_1024 0xa
#define GR_LOD_LOG2_512 0x9

UPD. I have tested it and it seems that it supports these texture sizes 😀

Last edited by VEG on 2016-03-10, 17:55. Edited 1 time in total.

Best regards, Evgeny

Reply 1669 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
VEG wrote:

Dege, thanks. This one works good 😀

Cool!

VEG wrote:
But what about this suggestion? […]
Show full quote

But what about this suggestion?

VEG wrote:

Just a suggestion for the configuration utility. Check if dgvoodoo.conf is in the current directory and use it for editing if it exists in the current directory.

I would like to place dgVoodooSetup.exe in the drivers/dgvoodoo/ subdirectory,
and it will be nice if it detect dgvoodoo.conf in the own directory and start to edit it automatically.

Ok, I can do that. If the current folder is already in the folder list then it could be selected by default, instead of the user appdata folder.

VEG wrote:

Another suggestion to change the name of dgVoodooSetup.exe to dgVoodooConf.exe. Just because Windows thinks that dgVoodooSetup.exe have to setup something, but it doesn't, and as the result Windows sometimes asks me if this installer is failed. Just stupid heuristics =)

Right, I think dgVoodooSetup is not the best name, after all it's a configurator, but it's a legacy from dgVoodoo1. It's a pity I choosed that back then (what is more, it would have been better not to name this wrapper 'dgVoodoo').
But I won't rename it in this version, I should re-draw its icon. 😁

VEG wrote:
Does dgVoodoo Napalm support these sizes of the textures? […]
Show full quote

Does dgVoodoo Napalm support these sizes of the textures?

/* Napalm extensions to GrLOD_t */
#define GR_LOD_LOG2_2048 0xb
#define GR_LOD_LOG2_1024 0xa
#define GR_LOD_LOG2_512 0x9

UPD. I have tested it and it seems that it supports these texture sizes 😀

Yes, but only if a Voodoo4 is selected as the virtual card ("Other greater").

lowenz wrote:
Texture corruption problem with stretching+AR is camera angle dependent: […]
Show full quote

Texture corruption problem with stretching+AR is camera angle dependent:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I wish I could reproduce it myself.

Reply 1671 of 3949, by Matsilagi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
Yes, I just made some other changes so partly re-testing DX/DX8 was needed. I intend this state to be the final one altough I fo […]
Show full quote
VEG wrote:
Dege wrote:

Yes, I just made some other changes so partly re-testing DX/DX8 was needed.
I intend this state to be the final one altough I found regression bug(s) in Glide that are still to be fixed (Diablo II, dynamic shader compiling).

I also fixed some gamma-ramp related problems in DX8, so Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 and NFS3 with DX8 renderer both work now.

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP19.zip

Stiletto wrote:
Myloch wrote: Hi dege, have you ever thought about adding support for fancy 3d apis (like CIF, S3D, MSI, PowerSGL...)? […]
Show full quote

Myloch wrote:
Hi dege,

Yes, I bugged him about it a while back.

😁
Would be nice, but I'm not planning it now, it all is too time-consuming.

This WIP made Megarace 3 stop working.

Just bug reporting, it tries to start then crashes

Reply 1673 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
VEG wrote:

I've added an ability to use large textures 512×512, 1024×1024 and 2048×2048 in the NFS3 Modern Patch. It would be nice to have an ability to choose more Onboard RAM, e.g. 32MiB, 64MiB, or even 128MiB.

I think you can type in the amount of RAM for the card you're using. Nice addtions to the rear view window.
Maybe after you finish with NFS 3 you can start with Splinter cell/ Pandorra T. 🤣 I'll send you some beer if this will be happening. 😀

@Dege. Fast access works for Splinter Cell PT. The light color problem is still there. For texture corruption try changing the resoltion to 640x480.
At this resolution there were some problems if i remember well, while certain mouse movements were performed(including black textures in certain areas).
There are also a number of game issue(non dgvoodoo related) dependent on mouse movement in SC PT. It would not be a bad ideea to see whats happening. 😁

Reply 1674 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I couldn't reproduce the texture corruption myself, but, found a very basic bug around the scaling that, according to the symptoms, can smoothly cause it. 😊
Does this fix solve the problem for you?

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP19_1.zip

Matsilagi wrote:

This WIP made Megarace 3 stop working.

Just bug reporting, it tries to start then crashes

Trying to run with 'Unspecified' scaling mode? That's the one it works with (and ATI 8500 preset).
Otherwise it crashes at once for me too.

Last edited by Dege on 2016-03-11, 15:20. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1678 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:

I couldn't reproduce the texture corruption myself, but, found a very basic bug around the scaling that, according to the symptoms, can smoothly cause it. 😊
Does this fix solve the problem for you?

YOU GOT IT, MAN! Problem solved (in Splinter Cell Versus).

Reply 1679 of 3949, by VEG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lowenz wrote:

Addendum: why the size of D3D8 has grown so much? (130->600 KB)

I think that Dege just forgot to pack this dll file. Usually he use dll/exe packer, but it is not a good thing. Packed DLL extracts itself every time when it is used.

Last edited by VEG on 2016-03-11, 15:22. Edited 1 time in total.

Best regards, Evgeny