VOGONS

First post, by davidmorom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone:

I've been recently testing all the Mega Man games for PC, and I realised some problems with Mega Man X7 and Mega Man Legends 2 (or Dash 2).

Mega Man X7
With this one dgVoodoo works fine, but setting any value for "Scaling Mode" or "Resolution Scaling" other than "Unspecified" makes the game render menus and HUD textures extremely stretched, so they fall out of the screen. I post a couple of screenshots to illustrate the problem (without scaling at left, with scaling at right).

Menu.jpg
Filename
Menu.jpg
File size
158.61 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
InGame.jpg
Filename
InGame.jpg
File size
113.8 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Mega Man Legends 2 (or RockMan Dash 2, only released in Japan)
This one works great with dgVoodoo 2.77 or older. Beginning with version 2.78, the game displays a black screen for a few seconds, and then crash to desktop silently. I post a full debug log, just in case it can be helpful.

Attachments

• Filename
    Debug.txt
    File size
    45.11 KiB
    Downloads
    46 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 2, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Actually I have a patch for Mega Man Legends 2, because it has the same problem as Breath of Fire 4 (seems to be the same engine). It's not a dgVoodoo bug (but stack allocation on the game side) and it's very uncertain what circumstances needed for it to crash:
http://dege.fw.hu/Patches/bin/Dash2Patch.zip
I'll make it available in the Patches section of my site.

The other game seems to have the same problem as with others: it's not compatible with non-unspecified scaling mode and forced resolutions because it needs the expected physical window size for its internal calculations. Only the game could be patched to circumvent it.