User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Recently purchased and reviewed the Simon The Sorcerer Double Pack:
PCCE_SSDP_4218.jpg

And this Rayman Double Pack I have had for a while:
PCCE_RORL_4746.jpg

Most of the collection currently fits on a single shelf, since only a handful are "big box" versions:
P-20200829-212638.jpg

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 82 of 92, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dr_st wrote on 2020-11-18, 11:06:
BetaC wrote on 2020-11-17, 21:19:

Now if we are talking steam releases, I have a bunch. When it comes to physical releases, though, I'm only starting to grab PC games.
image0.jpg
They occupy a shelf that is otherwise filled with Nintendo and Sega console cartridges, and the only games I have coming in the immediate future are the Limited Run Games releases of Dark Forces and Jedi Knight.

Funny, these almost look like VHS tapes. 😁 I recently found a VHS set of Star Wars - the original trilogy that someone put next to the recycling bin at the street corner. Wanted to show them to the kids for them to know how people used to watch videos at home. Alas, I don't have a VCR anymore, and the one I borrowed from a friend apparently sat in the garage for too long and rejects tapes. 😜

I still have a VCR. Luckily it was still at my moms place because I use to to Digitize our old Home videos on VHS. I also have some old VHS movies. i used to love horror movies on VHS because of how gritty it looked.

Reply 83 of 92, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Been after this for a while, and got it boxed complete with game guide!

Attachments

Reply 84 of 92, by Errius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

*snap*

I bought one of those last December, but still haven't got around to trying it yet. Looks pretty on the shelf I guess.

“Your mission is to attack and destroy the Apple Computer manufacturing plant. You are allotted 35 bombs and 60 lasers."

Reply 85 of 92, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The Steelbook "Limited Collector's Edition" of Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is quite nice as it turns out. The PC version was not as common as the PS3/X360 releases, but there are still copies, even new, floating around:
POPTFS-94430.jpg
POPTFS-20903.jpg

Comparing to the Russian Special Edition:
https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/prince- … op-tfs-limited/

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 86 of 92, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You know a games old when the trilogy release was sold in 1992.

Attachments

Reply 87 of 92, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Playing Bard's Tale on the Amiga and reading Lord of the Rings for the frst time before sleep.

Good times.. Good times...

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 88 of 92, by Errius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I heavily played the first two games in the 1990s. I remember using Microsoft Excel to produce maps of the dungeons.

“Your mission is to attack and destroy the Apple Computer manufacturing plant. You are allotted 35 bombs and 60 lasers."

Reply 89 of 92, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Errius wrote on 2021-01-06, 14:56:

I heavily played the first two games in the 1990s. I remember using Microsoft Excel to produce maps of the dungeons.

I had an Amiga right up till 1993 so I did not have Excel to do the job.. But a LOT of graph paper was used.

Same for dungeon crawlers like Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder. The latter and its teleport puzzles would make me tear my hair out frequently.

Like I said.. Good times. Simpler times. Very, very good times.

I want to go back....

Reply 90 of 92, by Errius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I still remember some of the spells. ARFI got a lot of use, IIRC.

Reply 91 of 92, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Errius wrote on 2021-01-06, 15:36:

I still remember some of the spells. ARFI got a lot of use, IIRC.

Isn't that like the one similar to Burning Hands from D&D? I remember it scaled well with level 🤣. I would go back and replay the whole trilogy (I don't know that I actually played them all to be honest) but they were tediously grindy IIRC and I'm not sure I can put up with such waste of my time in my old age.

Reply 92 of 92, by Errius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, these games were colossal time sinks. Pretty much the WoW of their day.

There was also a shareware game which I remember playing called Ancients: Deathwatch that was a blatant rip-off of the Bards Tale games. It was in VGA so looked better than the originals, which were EGA only.