VOGONS

PCMCIA Sound Cards

Topic actions

Reply 303 of 312, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Could not test the CD version as it's setup program does not detect any sound device for some reason... It offers either No sound or Speaker.
I mounted the .iso file that is on PCMCIA-CF card, and it works along with the REX-5572. I could not use KXL-D20 as it does not work with CS, SS drivers, which are required for the PCMCIA-CF card. But I doubt that this was the reason for the sound card not to be detected.

Reply 305 of 312, by melo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hallo,

after a lot of research I finally got a PCMCIA Newmedia Sound/SCSI2, the problem is that I don't have the cables for it.

Is there a possibility to build one? I'm mostly interested to have the audio features working.

Reply 306 of 312, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
melo wrote on 2021-01-25, 20:04:

Hallo,

after a lot of research I finally got a PCMCIA Newmedia Sound/SCSI2, the problem is that I don't have the cables for it.

Is there a possibility to build one? I'm mostly interested to have the audio features working.

Here is what the cable look like http://nwserveur.no-ip.org/win3xorg/devices/P … sound+scsi2.jpg

First you have to find out what connector model it has. Can you make a picture of the connector? And maybe count the pins if they are visible.
But anyways It's going to be very difficult to get the pinout.
Also there are chances that the breakout box has some additional electronics in it....

Reply 307 of 312, by melo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The picture you posted is exactly my card!

I counted the pins, they are 33 and are located just on one side of the card.
I guees the only way is to find someone that owns it and has the will of helping me.
Is not even possible to contact the manufacture company, since according on google seems they no longer exist.

Reply 308 of 312, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've put together this chart with all information about all known PCMCIA (16 bit) sound cards and game port cards. This is the first draft, so feel free to comment and suggest changes. Question marks mean that either there is no info or it's unclear whether the function exists. Editable version is also available, PM me if you need it.

PCMCIA.jpg
Filename
PCMCIA.jpg
File size
197.91 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 310 of 312, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
melo wrote on 2021-01-26, 12:06:

Great job!

Thanks!
I probably should add the New Media Sound/SCSI ( it was renamed to Toast'n Jam) card as well, although it's identical to Wavjammer in the sound portion.
Here is the picture of the renamed/reworked one.

toast n jam.jpg
Filename
toast n jam.jpg
File size
50.86 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 312 of 312, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mt777 wrote on Yesterday, 21:00:

Nice list but next time please save as png (to avoid lossy jpg) and maybe with bigger zoom.

Here is a pdf of a higher resolution.

Filename
PCMCIA sound cards specs.pdf
File size
54.77 KiB
Downloads
4 downloads
File license