PCMCIA Sound Cards

Topic actions

Reply 560 of 576, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
janga75 wrote on 2023-11-14, 17:05:

Does anyone happen to have the drivers for the Yamaha PCC10XG? The links on this forum and also google are all dead. Also, an image of the original CD would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Here are the drivers I have.

Filename
drv.rar
File size
127.47 KiB
Downloads
35 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Don't think I've ever seen the disk image that came with the card. But I have a copy of XG works 3.0.7E that came with it. At least it was in the same folder with thte drivers. I can upload it if needed.

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart
archive.org: PCMCIA software, manuals, drivers

Reply 563 of 576, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've finally made a translation of an old review of the Media Vision card. It was published in the italian magazine MCmicrocomputer n. 154 in September of 1995. Guess it's worth keeping if for historocal purposes. I attach both the original and the translation. The translation is done with google translate, and I didn't do much editing of the resulting text. Sorry if it's not quite polished. If someone is interested in improving it, just let me know 😀

Filename
Media Vision PCMCIA review.pdf
File size
998.24 KiB
Downloads
19 downloads
File license
Filename
Media vision ENG.pdf
File size
915.83 KiB
Downloads
18 downloads
File license

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart

Reply 565 of 576, by vespirah

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have just bought all the parts and pieces for the discman prd-150 including the sb-dm155 sony sound box and the correct pcmcia card interface for it and also found a oem power adapter from ebay I got the drivers from internet archive to be able to use in a pure dos environment I have went back several pages on this topic reading through the manuals about the sb-dm155 what I can't figure out is if I connect the sound box correctly to the prd-150 discman and use the power adapter does it provide power for both the discman and sound box or is the batteries that supplies power only to the sound box and power adapter supplies power to only the discman

Reply 566 of 576, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vespirah wrote on 2024-03-11, 23:32:

I have just bought all the parts and pieces for the discman prd-150 including the sb-dm155 sony sound box and the correct pcmcia card interface for it and also found a oem power adapter from ebay I got the drivers from internet archive to be able to use in a pure dos environment I have went back several pages on this topic reading through the manuals about the sb-dm155 what I can't figure out is if I connect the sound box correctly to the prd-150 discman and use the power adapter does it provide power for both the discman and sound box or is the batteries that supplies power only to the sound box and power adapter supplies power to only the discman

I think any of the two power sources provide power both to the CD player and sound box. Note that the power is only necessary for the CD-player. If you connect the sound box only(without the player) and use no batteries at all, the sound from the computer will work. But you need some power if you decide to attach and use the CD player.

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart

Reply 567 of 576, by vespirah

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Bondi wrote on 2024-03-12, 07:45:
vespirah wrote on 2024-03-11, 23:32:

I think any of the two power sources provide power both to the CD player and sound box. Note that the power is only necessary for the CD-player. If you connect the sound box only(without the player) and use no batteries at all, the sound from the computer will work. But you need some power if you decide to attach and use the CD player.

Ah that's exactly what I was wondering thank you Bondi 😊 and also thank you for the drivers on internet archive

Reply 568 of 576, by Pypical

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lolo799 wrote on 2023-04-28, 13:39:

Thanks!
I noticed all the links to the pictures in the first post don't show up anymore, i'll try to fix it at some point...

I cannot get into the ftp.axiz site, windows explorer won't open it and modern browsers don't seem to want to open FTP links, it's been over 15 years since I've used FTP so it might be an error on my part.

I need the drivers for Newmedia Mobile gamer but I wanted to grab all the newmedia stuff you posted including pics and drivers for other newmedia devices, mostly because I'm not sure if the mobilegamer package includes drivers for all compatible OS (DOS, 3.x, 95, 98, NT)

Thank You

Reply 569 of 576, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Pypical wrote on 2024-03-31, 07:54:
I cannot get into the ftp.axiz site, windows explorer won't open it and modern browsers don't seem to want to open FTP links, it […]
Show full quote

Thanks!
I noticed all the links to the pictures in the first post don't show up anymore, i'll try to fix it at some point...

I cannot get into the ftp.axiz site, windows explorer won't open it and modern browsers don't seem to want to open FTP links, it's been over 15 years since I've used FTP so it might be an error on my part.

I need the drivers for Newmedia Mobile gamer but I wanted to grab all the newmedia stuff you posted including pics and drivers for other newmedia devices, mostly because I'm not sure if the mobilegamer package includes drivers for all compatible OS (DOS, 3.x, 95, 98, NT)

Thank You

I have a backup of the drivers on a hdd somewhere, I'll post them later, next week.

All the pictures I posted are here http://lorezan.free.fr/pcmcia/

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 570 of 576, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Pypical wrote on 2024-03-31, 07:54:
I cannot get into the ftp.axiz site, windows explorer won't open it and modern browsers don't seem to want to open FTP links, it […]
Show full quote

Thanks!

Thank You

The Newmedia Mobile Gamer card was a rebranded Argosy card.
Here are the drivers for both, from DOS to Win2k.

argosy-mobilegamer.png
Filename
argosy-mobilegamer.png
File size
5.4 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Attachments

• Filename
    argosy-gm101.zip
    File size
    105.98 KiB
    Downloads
    7 downloads
    File license
    Public domain
  • Filename
    mg103.zip
    File size
    130.73 KiB
    Downloads
    4 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 571 of 576, by Tempus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lolo799 wrote:

-Roland SCP-55
SoundCanvas and MPU-401 GM device in DOS + digital audio in Win3.x/Win9x

I find it very interesting that the SCP-55 is capable of digital audio in addition to wavetable MIDI. How does the sound compare to RAP-10? In fact, with the MCB-3, you got PCM, MPU-401 and Sound Canvas in one. Is the MPU-401 UART or Intelligent?

Akumajō Dracula: Belmont's Theme Roland MT-32 | Yamaha YM2151

Reply 573 of 576, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tempus wrote on 2024-04-04, 10:07:
lolo799 wrote:

-Roland SCP-55

I find it very interesting that the SCP-55 is capable of digital audio in addition to wavetable MIDI. How does the sound compare to RAP-10? In fact, with the MCB-3, you got PCM, MPU-401 and Sound Canvas in one. Is the MPU-401 UART or Intelligent?

In sound quality or GM/SC support?
Can't answer for the mpu uart/intelligent support, I don't remember, and I don't have the card anymore.

I'm sure Bondi will have an answer for you.

Reply 574 of 576, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lolo799 wrote on 2024-04-04, 16:19:
In sound quality or GM/SC support? Can't answer for the mpu uart/intelligent support, I don't remember, and I don't have the car […]
Show full quote
Tempus wrote on 2024-04-04, 10:07:
lolo799 wrote:

-Roland SCP-55

In sound quality or GM/SC support?
Can't answer for the mpu uart/intelligent support, I don't remember, and I don't have the card anymore.

I'm sure Bondi will have an answer for you.

Hey, lolo. I don't have the answer, unfortunately. What are the indications that the intelligent mode is supported?
I've read somewhere that Princess Maker 2 uses it, but it didn't run with all the drivers loaded. The older games that use it, I guess, are trickier to run as they need conventional memory, EMS etc, which usually conflicts with pcmcia drivers.
Anyways, I can try any suggested games that use intelligent mode.

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart

Reply 575 of 576, by Tempus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Bondi wrote on 2024-04-05, 07:22:

Hey, lolo. I don't have the answer, unfortunately. What are the indications that the intelligent mode is supported?

Since it's released a few years after Roland RAP-10, which only provides UART, I would guess it does not.

Bondi wrote on 2024-04-05, 07:22:

I've read somewhere that Princess Maker 2 uses it, but it didn't run with all the drivers loaded. The older games that use it, I guess, are trickier to run as they need conventional memory, EMS etc, which usually conflicts with pcmcia drivers.
Anyways, I can try any suggested games that use intelligent mode.

I run EMM386.EXE with exclusions in the B-region for this purpose, since my PCMCIA-drivers use this.

Akumajō Dracula: Belmont's Theme Roland MT-32 | Yamaha YM2151