VOGONS

Reply 3040 of 3172, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kykypyza wrote on 2022-07-24, 01:50:

Is it OK to install only one at U32 (or U33)?

No, if you plan to install the instrument bank ROM (for MIDI playback without using RAM-based samples), you need both of them; U32 and U33. If they are still less expensive, you can substitute 74AHC373 in the same package with no problems.

Reply 3041 of 3172, by mr.gravis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Synoptic wrote on 2022-07-22, 16:31:
You cannot make this soundcard with PCI or PCIe. You should read and unserstand what this soundcard is first. What is the ISA bu […]
Show full quote
mr.gravis wrote on 2022-07-22, 08:10:
Synoptic wrote on 2022-05-20, 13:50:

I just got the confirmation from the fab they have received the blank PCB..
I am still awaiting the delivery of the Interwave chips since April 29th. You can track the shipment here : CY561305075DE

hello, maybe I’m writing in the wrong place, I still don’t understand how to order a sound card (I don’t know the language well), what is its price ... is it possible to make a card with a pci or pcie connector for new computers? As an example of a name - pcigus or pciegus (translated from Google)

You cannot make this soundcard with PCI or PCIe. You should read and unserstand what this soundcard is first. What is the ISA bus too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravis_Ultrasound
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industry_Standard_Architecture

will boards be created like ARGUS Turtle Beach Pinnacle and AdLib GOLD? (translated from google)

Reply 3042 of 3172, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mr.gravis wrote on 2022-07-24, 14:36:

will boards be created like ARGUS Turtle Beach Pinnacle and AdLib GOLD? (translated from google)

With the gerbers, you can (theoretically) build one yourself. The boards with presoldered Interwave seem sold-out now. No fully assembled card has been offered, so far.

You could have a look at the upcoming Orpheus II though:
Orpheus II soundcard thread *** LT board now available ***

Pretty sure they'll come preassembled.

Reply 3043 of 3172, by mr.gravis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MJay99 wrote on 2022-07-24, 14:54:
With the gerbers, you can (theoretically) build one yourself. The boards with presoldered Interwave seem sold-out now. No fully […]
Show full quote
mr.gravis wrote on 2022-07-24, 14:36:

With the gerbers, you can (theoretically) build one yourself. The boards with presoldered Interwave seem sold-out now. No fully assembled card has been offered, so far.

You could have a look at the upcoming Orpheus II though:
Orpheus II soundcard thread *** LT board now available ***

Pretty sure they'll come preassembled.

I can’t do it myself, Gravis Ultrasound, AdLib GOLD and Turtle Beach are the cards that everyone recommends, I would like to make copies of them. (translated from google)

Reply 3044 of 3172, by Dr.Yak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
shock__ wrote on 2022-07-21, 19:03:

I also still have 120 InterWaves left. Those are also for sale (in lots of at least 24).

Dear all more-skilled-than-me people in this thread, is somebody planning to buy a batch of interwaves and solder them on PCBs for further reselling?

I would definitely love to buy a board, but I don't trust myself enough to solder any surface-mount more complex than simply resistors and capacitors.
And thus would gladly pay somebody to handle the more difficult parts for me.
(I am in Europe).

Reply 3046 of 3172, by Synoptic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mr.gravis wrote on 2022-07-24, 22:56:

Is it possible to record a guitar through a microphone through this sound card? What version of Windows is it for? How much RAM is needed?(translated from google)

Your questions are irrelevant and I beginning to have doubts on your real goal with this sound card.

Reply 3047 of 3172, by mr.gravis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Synoptic wrote on 2022-07-24, 23:09:

Is it possible to record a guitar through a microphone through this sound card? What version of Windows is it for? How much RAM is needed?(translated from google)

Your questions are irrelevant and I beginning to have doubts on your real goal with this sound card.

usual questions before purchase (translated from google)

Reply 3048 of 3172, by Synoptic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mr.gravis wrote on 2022-07-25, 10:34:

You clearly demonstrate you are not the target customer for this card. You should have done all this research before coming here. You will regret your purchase.

Reply 3049 of 3172, by mr.gravis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Synoptic wrote on 2022-07-25, 11:04:

You clearly demonstrate you are not the target customer for this card. You should have done all this research before coming here. You will regret your purchase.

I will regret the purchase only if I do not ask questions, I prefer to find out everything, I am not a professional, the answers in different topics may be the same, the topics of different questions are the same, this happens, I repeat my question, is it possible to record an acoustic guitar through this sound card, for example? There was an interest in whether it is possible to do this, what parameters of RAM, etc.(translated from google)

Reply 3050 of 3172, by Nikita Lita

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mr.gravis wrote on 2022-07-25, 17:41:
Synoptic wrote on 2022-07-25, 11:04:

I will regret the purchase only if I do not ask questions, I prefer to find out everything, I am not a professional, the answers in different topics may be the same, the topics of different questions are the same, this happens, I repeat my question, is it possible to record an acoustic guitar through this sound card, for example? There was an interest in whether it is possible to do this, what parameters of RAM, etc.(translated from google)

I don't know what your native language is, but you would clearly be better off asking in a forum based on your native language.

Edit: To be clear: I notice that Google translate will often mangle the translation from English to a non-English language. As a result, what we are trying to convey to you is getting lost in translation. You may want to ask in a forum for your native language because of this.

Reply 3051 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What Nikita Lita said, what you're asking for is what every soundcard is capable of doing. The ARGUS can generally be treated like every other GUS PnP.
About RAM requirements for RAM ... no idea, 256k should be enough, not sure if it would work without RAM (never exactly cared about no RAM configurations because I mostly use the cards for GUS output which definitely require RAM).

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 3053 of 3172, by Dr.Yak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mr.gravis wrote on 2022-07-26, 12:57:

adapter ?

What do you want to do with this card?

- If you want to play old MS-DOS games (e.g.: like Jazz Jackrabbit) or display old MS-DOS demos (e.g.: like Second Reality) that were specially written for Gravis Ultrasound cards
(Which is what most users of this card want to do):
This will not work.
MS-DOS doesn't really support USB.
All these games and demos except to talk low-level with the ISA hardware directly.

- If you want to use this card to record accoutisc guitar and do other such musician work on Windows.
(Which is not what this card was targetting)
There is a minuscule chance that it could work, if there is no bugs or conflicts between the windows drivers of the USB2ISA adapter and the windows drivers of the sound card.
But risks of bugs or incompatibility are high, it is very possible that your setup will crash.

If you want to do muscian work with USB and Windows and record stuff, a better idea would be to get a cheap USB audio interface. This will work better for you.

PS: It seems that whenever I post an URL, my post gets deleted, so I cannot give an example of USB audio interface.

Reply 3056 of 3172, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dr.Yak wrote on 2022-07-24, 20:39:
Dear all more-skilled-than-me people in this thread, is somebody planning to buy a batch of interwaves and solder them on PCBs f […]
Show full quote
shock__ wrote on 2022-07-21, 19:03:

I also still have 120 InterWaves left. Those are also for sale (in lots of at least 24).

Dear all more-skilled-than-me people in this thread, is somebody planning to buy a batch of interwaves and solder them on PCBs for further reselling?

I would definitely love to buy a board, but I don't trust myself enough to solder any surface-mount more complex than simply resistors and capacitors.
And thus would gladly pay somebody to handle the more difficult parts for me.
(I am in Europe).

synoptic and keropi already did a batch. Info in first post of this thread.
Only way to get one would be to get them or someone else to make another batch.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 3057 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Remaining chips have been listed on eBay. If someone is interested in doing more batches, I can also sell single carriers (24 ICs each).
Roadmap is to have the public gerbers out by next week.

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 3058 of 3172, by Nikita Lita

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
shock__ wrote on 2022-07-27, 14:54:

Remaining chips have been listed on eBay. If someone is interested in doing more batches, I can also sell single carriers (24 ICs each).
Roadmap is to have the public gerbers out by next week.

Someone already snatch them up? Not seeing it on eBay.

Reply 3059 of 3172, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

found'm

Bit sad I ain't got the money for it. 😀

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port