T-04YBSC-A, new YMF71x based sound card + SETYMF utility

Discussion about old sound cards, MIDI devices and sound related accessories.

Re: T-04YBSC-A, new YMF71x based sound card + SETYMF utility

Postby Tiido » 2019-8-08 @ 00:56

I am getting the freeze in DynaBlaster and haven't yet figured out the reason. SETUPSA definitely does something different but I'm not yet sure what. Running SETYMF after SETUPSA won't show improvement, at least suggesting that it isn't setting some secret stuff that I don't know about. I'll have to make a little program to read back the state of the card after running SETUPSA and spot any differences.

Cool Spot I couldn't get to freeze or play samples for that matter...

There's been no work done on the ARMcard, I have been really busy with many other things...

EDIT: There are some minor differences between SETYMF and SETUPSA as far as conf written to the card goes, main thing being IRQ A and B are reversed on SETUPSA, but doing it same way in SETYMF resulted in no change. Running another game beforehand doesn't change anything either so the plot thickens. I'm not sure at all what SETUPSA does different that it works while SETYMF doesn't with that particular game...
Tiido
Oldbie

Postby Tiido » 2019-8-18 @ 01:19

SETYMF has been updated to fix a problem with SET BLASTER variable handling. It didn't handle IRQ 10 and 11 properly. P value now follows MPU401 of YMF719 rather than 721 on cards that aren't mine now. Pressing ESC doesn't immediately exit but goes to the exit screen first, this is how it was supposed to be but at some point I borked it and never noticed lol.

I have not figured out DynaBlaster problem, maybe the WSS side has an effect on SB side... that's the last place I haven't yet looked.
Tiido
Oldbie

Postby ruthan » 2019-10-07 @ 18:28

Long time without update, was problem above fixed? How about selling, its good.. or its still blocked by parts supply problems?
Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough HW.
ruthan
Oldbie

Location: Schwarz Wald-from France to Ukraine, from Denmark to Austria. Celts+German+Slavs melting pot.

Postby Tiido » 2019-10-07 @ 18:35

Right now problem is lack of time and money, another project that pays the bills eats the time and stuff such as having to get firewood ate most of the funds. I have plans to finish off this project without incorporating YMF704/721 on the design and free up the money stuck in the parts that exist in my stash. I first need to raise enough to get PCBs made and buy remaining missing components like capacitors, resistors and inductors. When the project that pays the bills is over and the YMF71x card is out I'll focus more intensely on the ARMcard.

The DynaBlaster problem I haven't been able to figure out, I don't seem to find any difference between what SETYMF and SETUPSA do to the chip, maybe order of initialization is important...
Tiido
Oldbie

Previous

Return to Sound