VOGONS

Tandy Nano - 3 Voice Soundcard ISA - Lowprofile

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 67, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@maxtherabbit : I think second dma added support to dma 5,6 and 7. I will allow myself to advance that it support 16 bit, but don't quote me on that, just folklore from my youth.

@matze79 : oplx just released a version this week that support 2xSN76489. On one computer I will have TNDY NANO + TNDY SMD on another I will have TNDY NANO + SB1.5/CMS and thoroughly enjoy music. But there is also GUSPNP, GUSClassic, AWE32 and EWS64XL in there, so you are telling me that it might be a conflict with another card ? Interesting, maybe stuff like NSSI, norton/pctool SI or HWInfo will help me figure out the culprit...

edit : on this computer the GUS is on DMA 7 and AWE32 on HIGH DMA 5, do you think to free every resources out of DMA#2 would fix that conflict ? (but I would prefer to continue to use the NANO on 0x2C0 and have a standard setup)

Reply 61 of 67, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It only conflicts if you use it at 0C0h on AT.

There is some culprint with Dual SN76489, it would require configurable Frequency also.
There Systems with 2Mhz SN76489, 4Mhz etc.
But Tandy runs 3.58Mhz.
Which is now not supported by any of the Cards.

So it would require a new design with configurable frequencys.

https://dosreloaded.de - The German Retro DOS PC Community
https://www.retroianer.de - under constructing since ever

Co2 - for a endless Summer

Reply 62 of 67, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I agree, you should not bore with that. Leave the 2xSN76489 to the usual dual SAA1099 we see on CM/S and SB1.x.

I see 0c0 is used by DMA 4 to cascade both controller, so maybe it's related to some bus mastering device I have in there. This computer is due for a maintenance soon so I will be able to pinpoint the problem further as I will take advantage of this to do more concise testing about using TNDY NANO on 0c0.

Reply 63 of 67, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FreddyV wrote on 2020-09-07, 19:46:

Elbrunzy,

This is what I did first. The currently released mod master can be used to play vgm files with sbvgm and we can do a playlist.

Now I am adding vgm format for opl2 opl3 and tandy. If it fail to load, it use sbvgm.

Hi,

I added this for you and it is a good idea:

sbvgm.JPG
Filename
sbvgm.JPG
File size
29.52 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

IT is passing the Devices config done in Mod MAster to SBVGM.
I noticed that if we have an onboard OPL3, the OPL3lpt argument seems to be ignored.

Reply 64 of 67, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

oh wow, if this is working great I will have to report it to oplx on his sbvgm thread. It's been so long since we been looking for a frontend to listen to vgm using the payer. I'm surprised it does not work using cubicplayer and pretending .vgm/vgz are kind of archive and sbvgm is the decompressor... anyway, we are all using a batch file for each .vg? loop and it's subpar so your solution is very welcome, I think you can even save/load playlist, right ?

You should talk to oplx about the command line problem, but I'm pretty sure it's normal. His command line interpreter is nothing but intuitive, and while it's probably the expected behavior, maybe it is not or you found a situation. I would ask him on his own thread if I where you, I'm sure he would be pleased to check it out. Also, you did not explained me how to reach the synth/wave config menu, I've read all doc, onscreen help and try many shortcut but have not find it yet.

Reply 65 of 67, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ElBrunzy wrote on 2020-09-12, 18:22:

oh wow, if this is working great I will have to report it to oplx on his sbvgm thread. It's been so long since we been looking for a frontend to listen to vgm using the payer. I'm surprised it does not work using cubicplayer and pretending .vgm/vgz are kind of archive and sbvgm is the decompressor... anyway, we are all using a batch file for each .vg? loop and it's subpar so your solution is very welcome, I think you can even save/load playlist, right ?

You should talk to oplx about the command line problem, but I'm pretty sure it's normal. His command line interpreter is nothing but intuitive, and while it's probably the expected behavior, maybe it is not or you found a situation. I would ask him on his own thread if I where you, I'm sure he would be pleased to check it out. Also, you did not explained me how to reach the synth/wave config menu, I've read all doc, onscreen help and try many shortcut but have not find it yet.

Hi,

It is in the b21 version I just released yesterday.
For the "Synth" Menu: When you are in the output menu, press Tab or click on Synth with the mouse.
(Or Press t then Tab)

OPL2LPT is normally supported (Not Tested)
OPL2LPT Not supported (I Wanted to know if OPL2LPT Work first)
TDYLPT Should work
For .VGM, IMF, DRO, RAW files

Reply 66 of 67, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Tracker released:
TNDY Tracker - Tracker Music with SN76489 - Tandy 1000 / Tandy 3 Voice ISA Cards / Tandy / TNDLPT Parallelport Devices

https://dosreloaded.de - The German Retro DOS PC Community
https://www.retroianer.de - under constructing since ever

Co2 - for a endless Summer

Reply 67 of 67, by DosWorld

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hope pickup one !

CPU: Amd K6/450, RAM: 256M, VIDEO: S3Trio V+, SOUND: EWS64XXL/64M
CPU: iP/100, RAM: 16M, VIDEO: S3Trio V+, SOUND: SB AWE32
IBM Aptiva, CPU i486DX/80, RAM: 96M
Compaq Contura 4/25 2820D, CPU: i486SX/25, RAM: 4M, VGA.
HP 200LX/2M