VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by Paar

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm currently waiting for three ES982A chips, will be intersting to compare their dumps. Hopefully it will arrive this month, it's been a long time already.

Answers:
1. Yeah, those BTC cards without wavetable parts are relatively common, definitely more common than those with it. I currently two or three in my possession and had several chances to buy more.
2. I know for sure that multimedia docking station (the one with CD-ROM) for Compaq Armada 41XX has it and Compaq Armada 77XX series has it to (the one from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyqJZhKXkT4). The later one has it in TSOP package, marked as ES982N.

Last edited by Paar on 2021-08-08, 12:14. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 21 of 23, by kikipcs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Paar wrote on 2021-08-07, 20:20:

1. Yeah, those BTC cards without wavetable parts are relatively common, definitely more common than those without it. I currently two or three in my possession and had several chances to buy more.

I'll keep an eye on them and try to grab one. That's odd - the only "empty" type of boards I've ever seen had layouts for AdMOS wavetables.

Paar wrote on 2021-08-07, 20:20:

2. I know for sure that multimedia docking station (the one with CD-ROM) for Compaq Armada 41XX has it and Compaq Armada 77XX series has it to (the one from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyqJZhKXkT4). The later one has it in TSOP package, marked as ES982N.

Alright - if one crosses my way I'll try to pick it up for you. Also read your other topic stating that some of the laptops themselves had built in wavetable parts - so this gives me a better chance of obtaining those chips for you.

Reply 23 of 23, by Paar

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish the project, so I'll just share the dump and hope that somebody will continue. DISCLAIMER: This dump is probably corrupted, but it could be used as basis for comparison with another one.

Attachments

• Filename
    es982a_rom.zip
    File size
    1.57 MiB
    Downloads
    11 downloads
    File comment
    ES982A dump (corrupted?)
    File license
    Public domain