VOGONS

First post, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Are there any known issues with the ATI Rage II and/or II+ DVD cards with Build Engine Games (Duke 3D, Blood, Shadow Warrior) having screen tearing and instances of the picture getting out of sync quite often? I have now tried two different video cards. The built in Rage II and a PCI II+ DVD. Both have the exact same issues. I have experienced this before with the Rage cards in another build of mine and decided to swap it out but this one I would like to stick with ATI as much as possible (I have my reasons 🤣).

In the previous build It was fixed after switching to a S3 TRio 64V card so I am sure it is not the other components of the PC at this point. I can recreate the errors almost every time with the Rage cards.

Reply 1 of 4, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Didn't noticed any significant issues with ATI cards, but you need to disable Linear Frame Buffer (PCI Video cards benchmark: Electric Boogaloo Edition). Your average frame rate might go down though.

Get up, come on get down with the sickness
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me

Reply 2 of 4, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2020-06-07, 01:14:

Didn't noticed any significant issues with ATI cards, but you need to disable Linear Frame Buffer (PCI Video cards benchmark: Electric Boogaloo Edition). Your average frame rate might go down though.

I am confused at how to do this? Do I need Scitech Display Doctor installed or something?

Reply 3 of 4, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

NOLFB or Scitech Display Doctor with disabled linear buffer. SDD is better, because it adds more VESA resolutions.

Get up, come on get down with the sickness
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me

Reply 4 of 4, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2020-06-07, 01:28:

NOLFB or Scitech Display Doctor with disabled linear buffer. SDD is better, because it adds more VESA resolutions.

Holy Crap! I just made a batch file to open that NOFLB before the game and no issues with the game anymore! Thank you so much. I have been researching this for a couple days now and had yet to come across that solution.