VOGONS

First post, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Are there any known issues with the ATI Rage II and/or II+ DVD cards with Build Engine Games (Duke 3D, Blood, Shadow Warrior) having screen tearing and instances of the picture getting out of sync quite often? I have now tried two different video cards. The built in Rage II and a PCI II+ DVD. Both have the exact same issues. I have experienced this before with the Rage cards in another build of mine and decided to swap it out but this one I would like to stick with ATI as much as possible (I have my reasons 🤣).

In the previous build It was fixed after switching to a S3 TRio 64V card so I am sure it is not the other components of the PC at this point. I can recreate the errors almost every time with the Rage cards.

Reply 1 of 4, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Didn't noticed any significant issues with ATI cards, but you need to disable Linear Frame Buffer (PCI Video cards benchmark: Electric Boogaloo Edition). Your average frame rate might go down though.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 2 of 4, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2020-06-07, 01:14:

Didn't noticed any significant issues with ATI cards, but you need to disable Linear Frame Buffer (PCI Video cards benchmark: Electric Boogaloo Edition). Your average frame rate might go down though.

I am confused at how to do this? Do I need Scitech Display Doctor installed or something?

Reply 3 of 4, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

NOLFB or Scitech Display Doctor with disabled linear buffer. SDD is better, because it adds more VESA resolutions.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 4 of 4, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2020-06-07, 01:28:

NOLFB or Scitech Display Doctor with disabled linear buffer. SDD is better, because it adds more VESA resolutions.

Holy Crap! I just made a batch file to open that NOFLB before the game and no issues with the game anymore! Thank you so much. I have been researching this for a couple days now and had yet to come across that solution.