VOGONS

First post, by Bakaneitor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I have a problem with my Evilking V4 4500, when I place it in the AGP in a correct way it doesn't work, but if I lift it up a bit yes. I was looking and saw that a capacitor was missing. Does anyone know which one to buy?

Attachments

• 1.png
    Filename
    1.png
    File size
    227.29 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 5, by dominusprog

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can you post a larger photo? Are you sure that there was a cap?

Check this link
Voodoo 4 4500 - PowerColor EvilKing IV - AGP 1.5 or 3.3V?

Duke_2600.png
A-Trend ATC-1020 V1.1 ❇ Cyrix 6x86 150+ @ 120MHz ❇ 32MiB EDO RAM (8MiBx4) ❇ A-Trend S3 Trio64V2 2MiB
Aztech Pro16 II-3D PnP ❇ 8.4GiB Quantum Fireball ❇ Win95 OSR2 Plus!

Reply 2 of 5, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Bakaneitor wrote on 2023-08-18, 05:04:

Hello, I have a problem with my Evilking V4 4500, when I place it in the AGP in a correct way it doesn't work, but if I lift it up a bit yes. I was looking and saw that a capacitor was missing. Does anyone know which one to buy?

Sounds like either the slot is dirty/corroded or the edge connector is, clean the connector with some iso and a slightly abrasive cloth.

The slot may need some compressed air and a soft toothbrush to get into the pins, just give it a blast and use some iso on the brush.

Reply 3 of 5, by Bakaneitor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
TrashPanda wrote on 2023-08-18, 09:25:
Bakaneitor wrote on 2023-08-18, 05:04:

Sounds like either the slot is dirty/corroded or the edge connector is, clean the connector with some iso and a slightly abrasive cloth.

The slot may need some compressed air and a soft toothbrush to get into the pins, just give it a blast and use some iso on the brush.

I cleaned the connectors and also tried other motherboards, still the same

Reply 4 of 5, by Bakaneitor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dominusprog wrote on 2023-08-18, 07:49:

Can you post a larger photo? Are you sure that there was a cap?

Check this link
Voodoo 4 4500 - PowerColor EvilKing IV - AGP 1.5 or 3.3V?

Yes, it was a capacitor, I saw when it went out but I couldn't find it