VOGONS

First post, by FinalJenemba

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Found one of these in a lot of stuff I picked up recently. I was able to identify what it is, but other than that I can't find much else on it or what types of use cases it had in 1997. It has a composite output with audio which seems a little unique for a PCI era card. Does anyone have any more info or know much more about it besides whats on here: https://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cpu/item … romatic-mpact-2 ?

Attachments

• IMG_3913.jpeg
    Filename
    IMG_3913.jpeg
    File size
    1.58 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • IMG_3911.jpeg
    Filename
    IMG_3911.jpeg
    File size
    1.64 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 8, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FinalJenemba wrote on 2023-10-09, 19:16:

Found one of these in a lot of stuff I picked up recently. I was able to identify what it is, but other than that I can't find much else on it or what types of use cases it had in 1997. It has a composite output with audio which seems a little unique for a PCI era card. Does anyone have any more info or know much more about it besides whats on here: https://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cpu/item … romatic-mpact-2 ?

Looks like their Apollo Media2 card - https://web.archive.org/web/19980630061334fw_ … .com/media2.htm

You can find a driver pack here - https://driversdownload.solvusoft.com/d26492.zip

Reply 2 of 8, by Putas

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2023-10-09, 23:21:

Interesting frequency in there, 83 MHz seems quite low. Any chance to run some 3d benchmark on her, FinalJenemba?

Reply 3 of 8, by FinalJenemba

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Putas wrote on 2023-10-10, 09:55:

Interesting frequency in there, 83 MHz seems quite low. Any chance to run some 3d benchmark on her, FinalJenemba?

Im going to have to test it anyway to make sure it works, ill throw it into the Pentium MMX 95 machine most likely. What would be the best benchmark to test it with?

Reply 4 of 8, by Putas

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
FinalJenemba wrote on 2023-10-10, 15:29:

Im going to have to test it anyway to make sure it works, ill throw it into the Pentium MMX 95 machine most likely. What would be the best benchmark to test it with?

My game results aren't likely to be comparable with your CPU limitations. Perhaps 3DMark 99 detail results would serve well?

Reply 5 of 8, by FinalJenemba

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Putas wrote on 2023-10-10, 18:37:
FinalJenemba wrote on 2023-10-10, 15:29:

My game results aren't likely to be comparable with your CPU limitations. Perhaps 3DMark 99 detail results would serve well?

I have other computers ill be restoring as well this week that are faster, the MMX just seemed the best fit for a PCI card. How much CPU would you need?

Reply 7 of 8, by FinalJenemba

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Putas wrote on 2023-10-11, 03:32:

Pentium II - 400 should be enough.
Why did you post pictures of the AGP card?

Well dang it you’re right. I’ve been sorting through so many parts from the pickup the last two days I didn’t immediately see the little agp l shaped latch piece so immediately thought PCI. But you are correct it is AGP. I have a couple builds I’m working on that I can test it fairly easily in.

Reply 8 of 8, by FinalJenemba

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Putas wrote on 2023-10-11, 03:32:

Pentium II - 400 should be enough.
Why did you post pictures of the AGP card?

Looks like the testing will have to wait. Neither of the working AGP boards I have at the moment will accept a 3.3v card unfortunately. Not sure what to do with it now, wouldn't want to sell it if I cant test it. I did find the manual for it though.