VOGONS

Common searches

Rally 2K in Winxp

Topic actions

Reply 24 of 39, by freegigi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

can anybody help me? I always get this error: "Rally guru meditation error code 8000ED1E blah bla bla" after I win A8 championship mode. So, instead of the game showing me winnig, drinking shampagne and giving me the bonus cars, this annoyin error keeps poping, just after the game shows me the final championship standings and then after next ENTER it crashes.

Reply 30 of 39, by freegigi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thx a lot man...last night I was searching myself for the latest patch and I found a version 5.30 rally patch, dont know which one is best( that one or the one u gave me, I suppose yours). But now if u dont mind, can you teach me how to install it...like I said Im not good with computers 😖 . Where do I install it? Do I have to modify any file( saw something on the net about modifying a rall.cfg file) or just install it and I should get rid off that annoying guru error crash? Oh, and btw Im using daemon tools playing the game as a .nrg virtual CD or something like that.

P.S. I loved this game since the first day Ive played it in 2001 and I still find it a really good racing game 😉
P.S.2 I havent manage to pass last stage of Arcade 6 mode yet, tho I havent tryed too many times, but the times required for checkpoints are freackishly tough(lost 2 times at the very last checkpoint 🙁 )...wish I could set up my car like in championship mode.
Cheers.

Reply 31 of 39, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You're welcome, 😉

The 5.30 version is the same afaik.
To install the patch just extract (unzip) the contents in your Rally Championship folder, only Ral.exe needs to be overwritten.
The rest of the files are just text files, though they contain useful information. The best way to do it is to put the .zip file in the game folder (C:\Rally\ e.g.) and then doubleclick on it.
I don't know if you have a compressionprogram installed (Winzip, 7zip, Winrar etc.) it could be different then. Just make sure it overwrites the Ral.exe file.
If it extracted in another folder, you just have to copy it manually.

A while ago I made a thread about this game, maybe it is of some use of you.

Possible fix for Mobil 1 Rally Championship a.k.a. Rally Championship 2000 !!!

P.S. Arcade Mode drives completely different from the other gamemodes, I suggest using keyboard instead of a wheel e.g. to control the car, it seems to work a lot better that way.

Reply 32 of 39, by freegigi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sorry to bother u again, but I just want to make sure I get this right coz I dont want my game to crash completely.
So, I have to extract the patch archive to rally folder where I installed my game initially, therefore the new Ral.exe patch version overwriting my old Ral.exe? I got it, but like I told u above Im playing the game using daemon tools so Im not sure where to extract exactly.
Here is my situation: I have the game installed in "D/rc...", but Im not playing it from there, Im actually playing it using daemon tools by accesing a virtual drive "F" and mounting a .nrg file on that drive. So where should I extract the patch: D/rc or F? I suppose D/rc is the right location but I just want to be sure 100% before doing something wrong like I said.
Cant wait to finally win A8 and get my bonus cars 😁...waiting for your reply now 😉.

P.S. Yes I read the text files from the patch u gave me and my problem is mentioned as first solved at 5.29 version, nice 😀. I also noticed other annoying bug fixed: that stupid 1-2 gear mess at A8 cars...that is another amazing improve.

Reply 34 of 39, by freegigi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thx a lot man, it worked! Ive won A8 but I didnt receive the bonus cars, I only got them with the 4th player cheating name codes. Thought wining A8 gives u the bonus cars without having to use codes:). Oh, and it fixed the 1-2 gears problem with A8 cars, very nice:).
Now create a server over the internet and invite me to join playing a race against u 😁...Ive never tryed that, Im curios how it works 😁.

Reply 35 of 39, by j7n

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anybody noticed a change in sound pitch for all or most car engines with Patch 6 (v5.30)? The pitch has increased significantly, and all cars sound like toys. Is this a more accurate reproduction or a compatibility issue? Nothing in the sound files has been changed, swapping to an earlier ral.exe returns the previous sound (same since the demo version).

Here the Seat Ibiza (default car) engine is being revved before starting a race, first in v5.27 and then in v5.30.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61700377/m … ine-sound-m.ogg

The only relevant entry in the changelog is this. The log lists numerous other changes including the "gear problem", which I think refers to A8 cars failing to choose a gear. But the sound makes the patch unusable.

update.txt wrote:

PATCH5 5.29.0 (31.03.2000)
- several sound tweaks (hope you like them)

Well, no.

Reply 36 of 39, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
j7n wrote:

Has anybody noticed a change in sound pitch for all or most car engines with Patch 6 (v5.30)? The pitch has increased significantly, and all cars sound like toys. Is this a more accurate reproduction or a compatibility issue? Nothing in the sound files has been changed, swapping to an earlier ral.exe returns the previous sound (same since the demo version).

Try setting the affinity of ral.exe to one cpu.

Possible fix for Mobil 1 Rally Championship a.k.a. Rally Championship 2000 !!!

Reply 37 of 39, by j7n

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the reply. I've got a single core CPU. I tried it on 2 PCs (1.6 and 1.8 GHz cpu) and the sound was sped up in both.

Edit: Conroe-L and Yonah (laptop) don't have HT as far as I know (I upgraded from P4). I also tried to set the audio sampling frequency on the PC to 44,100 Hz, to match the sound files Rally has, but there was no audible difference. Systems are WinXP.

Last edited by j7n on 2014-09-29, 01:39. Edited 2 times in total.