VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

from "albinovocalist":

I'm also have some problems with blood 2.

It appears that the copy-protection has a problem with XP, so you may need a hack/patch to get it running. Even if you do, you'll likely have the "Blank Menu Screens" problem that I presently have. Will have to get back with you on this.

Reply 1 of 4, by albinovocalist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes you're right, I do, or at least did, I found out how to fix it.
Visit. http://www.planetshogo.com and scroll down about 1/2 the way down the page and it shows how to fix it. Since shogo and blood2 have the same engine I tried it and I am now very pleased with it. And the graphics are really amazing for a game that seems old.

Reply 2 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by albinovocalist it shows how to fix it. Since shogo and blood2 have the same engine I tried it and I am now very pleased with it. And the graphics are really amazing for a game that seems old.

I used RivaTuner to enable this and it does appear to work well.

I'd like to enable the two options they mention by using .REG files instead of requiring the installation and running of an external program. Will get to that...someday.

And yes, the first version of the LithTech engine still looks good today. The only real downside of it is the bizarre "gibs" part of the engine. Gibs don't seem to follow the same laws of physics as other things. Shattering paintings will sometimes result in all the pieces embedded in the wall. People-gibs are even more bizarre.

I still remember sneaking up on two Zealots. I shot them with the Sniper rifle (which, for some strange reason, seems to have the power of a cannon). They both exploded into giblets, yet their arms and legs stayed in place, as if they were still standing there...

The goofiest is when you are blown to giblets in an enclosed space. Frequently, arms and legs will embed themselves into the walls (or float in the air) with the head bouncing up-and-down on top of a never-ending fountain of blood.

Reply 3 of 4, by albinovocalist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'd like to enable the two options they mention by using .REG files instead of requiring the installation and running of an external program. Will get to that...someday.

That's the method I used, I was hesitant to try it since it messes with the registry but everything else seems to work fine. But since I did add that file, do you think that could be with the problem with original blood that I'm trying to fix? This thread

Reply 4 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by albinovocalist I was hesitant to try it since it messes with the registry but everything else seems to work fine. But since I did add that file, do you think that could be with the problem with original blood that I'm trying to fix? This thread

Not likely. It's unlikely that the option would cause all DOS video input to behave this way. My DOS prompt is unaffected.

If worse comes to worse, you might try one of those NVidia driver removers, then use a Registry cleaning utility and start over with a fresh set of new video drivers.