VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zaphod Beeblebrox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, well, actually I didn't have any critical problem with it, the game runs off the bat with the default settings, I just wanted to know if there is a way in dgvoodoo to force the aspect ratio to 4:3 and use my native lcd resolution (which is 16:9) so the game won't stretch out.

I know there is a keep aspect ratio option on dgvoodoo (on the first tab under Miscellaneous), but it appears "grayed out" so I can't select it. Is there a way to enable those settings? thanks.

Attachments

• dgvoodoo.JPG
    Filename
    dgvoodoo.JPG
    File size
    61.31 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    dgvd settings
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 4, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

force the aspect ratio to 4:3 and use my native lcd resolution (which is 16:9)

you mean force the aspect ratio to 4:3 instead of my native lcd resolution (which is 16:9)

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 2 of 4, by Zaphod Beeblebrox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, well, I mean, use my native 1600x900 resolution, but with "black bars" so the aspect ratio will be 4:3 as the original game resolution.

The option is there, "Preserve aspect ratio", but I cannot use it. I remember using it in the past but I don't remember how 🙁

The Recycling Center Special
ASRock K7VM3 | AMD Sempron 2200+ | 512MB DDR333 | inno3D GeForce FX5200 | Sound Blaster Live! CT4830
"Who wants some Wang?"

Reply 4 of 4, by Zaphod Beeblebrox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah.

Ended up using nglide, apparently it only stretches the sprites but the 3D models remain at the original ratio it seems.

Thanks anyway!

The Recycling Center Special
ASRock K7VM3 | AMD Sempron 2200+ | 512MB DDR333 | inno3D GeForce FX5200 | Sound Blaster Live! CT4830
"Who wants some Wang?"