First post, by Discrete_BOB_058
What is this?
This is a list of RETAIL games released for Windows 95 until Windows XP(not DX9) that work under Windows 7(maybe Vista too) and later operating systems. This list only includes retail releases, and no fixed re-release by Steam or GoG.
Can I post my games?
You may find the following rules bizzare but if you have any game to share, you can post in this thread.
- The games here aren't tested on an OS prior to "Windows 7".
- The games that require patches to run should be limited to using emulators, shims, a required modified .dll file, or any other CMD command like disabling DEP.
- Games can use update patches and no-CD.
- Game mods change the original form of the game, so please try to avoid games fixed using 3rd party mods. If the game is unplayable without 3rd party mods, then mention them here and I will add them in a "Playable with Mods" category.
- Games having problems with DInput or DSound can be mentioned here, with the respective fix.
- Some problems exist in games and now in the system. For example, FOV bugs and crosshair bugs on higher resolutions, are game problems and are not because of the modern system. Such problems are not fixed here. The fixes here are for running the game through the original resolution and configuration in game.
Windows 10 19H2 and later
nVIDIA GTX 1050Ti and GT 710
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 and Intel Pentium G2020
Realtek HD Audio
GPU driver: After 440.64
Audio driver: After June 2019 (6.x)
Alcohol 120%(when I don't have the retail copy)
dgVoodoo v2.61 and later
DirectDraw Compatibility Tool
- Grim Fandango
- MechWarrior 2 31st Century Combat: The game requires VDMSound for SB compatibility, patching only VDMSound may fix this. Not still sure, still working on a independent fix, but until then MechVM will work.
If game doesn't work, try changing resolution, backend or video card(available in dgVoodoo). nGlide is prioritised over dgVoodoo for these games to work properly.
- Myth The Fallen Lords: If you get error regarding memory, set compatibility to Windows XP SP3. For Glide mode, use nGlide.
- Incoming (3Dfx Version-Creative Blaster 3D) :
Had to install on a VM for the files. You might be able to install the game through the OTVDM software.
- Need for Speed 2 SE: Game can be installed by copying all the files and renaming "INSTALL.NFS" to "INSTALL.WIN". Requires a compatibility
.sdb file to fix a lot of issues. Glide emulation works fine. You need a DSound.dll to fix cracking sound. Software mode also worked fine.
Required files can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x0sj7j4rtu1717y … gistry.zip/file
- Call of Duty
- Heretic II: Game won't run on VeriteGL; G200GL defaults to Software; as both can't be emulated. If game crashes on non-Tutorial modes, then start a Tutorial and then start the Adventure/Action/Armageddon mode. For Saved Games, it may be possible to load directly without loading a tutorial.
- MDK 2: Install patch v4000.3. Requires compatibility mode if launcher doesn't find any valid mode.
- Quake 2
- Quake 3 Arena
- Quake 3 Team Arena
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein Platinum Edition: If you use OpenGL by using 3Dfx Mini Driver(Glide), you may get some issues on higher resolution if you change that setting in game.
- Soldier of Fortune Platinum Edition: Copy "SoF.exe" from the game directory and paste it in the same directory with a name "mohaa.exe". Launch the game with "mohaa.exe".
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast
- Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
- Direct3D/DirectDraw(not Software DDraw)
If you get garbled graphics and colour under Windows Vista or 7, use DirectDraw Compatibility Tool. If game doesn't work, use dgVoodoo. Also if it still doesn't work, change(normally decrease) resolution, video memory, and or the selected videocard. If you use DxWnd, there should be a profile for the game in 'exports' folder. In case it doesn't, try something yourself, or let us know here.
- Age of Empires
- Age of Empires II The Age of Kings
- Age of Empires II The Conquerors
- Atomic Bomberman
- Baldur's Gate: If game crashes after intro video, try installing the game on a lower level of directory tree. This happens when the paths in 'baldur.ini' are too long.
- Baldur's Gate 2 Shadows of Amn
- Bedrock Bowling
- Bejeweled Deluxe
- Carmageddon(Win95): Use dgVoodoo MS libs if game crashes. The menu will flash and if you move mouse, the menu graphics will get corrupted, when using dgVoodoo at least. But during race, I didn't find any problem.
- Claw: Install 1.3 patch.
- Colin McRae Rally: If setup.exe doesn't work, use the one provided in the Setup folder. Patch the game to the latest version. If video doesn't work, register Indeo by following this guide: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Colin_McRae … dows_7_or_later
Change compatibility settings of rally.exe to Windows 98 and set it to run as administrator. Also set game.exe to run as adnistrator. You can start the game with both game.exe or rally.exe now, but for video playback, use game.exe. You can also skip the Indeo registration part and also set game.exe to Windows 98 compatibility mode and video will work, but rally.exe won't be redirected to from game.exe.
- Command and Conquer Red Alert: Copy the "INSTALL" folder and paste it somewhere to install the game if you can't install it on 32-bit OS with Windows 98 compatibility or 64-bit OS with OTVDM. If you copy the folder, then you have to install registries available at:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x0sj7j4rtu1717y … gistry.zip/file
After downloading, extract both files and then edit either of the x86 and x64 file depending on PC architecture using a text editor. Edit the path for the "InstallPath" key with your location of the game executable. Also it requires the patch 3.03.
- Darkstone: If game gets stuck in one corner of screen, set compatibility to 16-bit colors and run the game. Then you can turn the compatibility setting off again.
- Daytona USA Deluxe: For installation, copy the "game" folder to any location from the CD. Set color settings to 16 bit in compatibility tab.
- Diablo: Re: Access Violation in Diablo
- Dungeon Keeper Gold Edition: For the DirectDraw versions, if games don't work and you get a black screen, use dgVoodoo. If you want to play the Direct3D version of either of the games, use DxWnd and use the .dxw profile provided in the 'exports' folder of the software.
- Dungeon Keeper 2: Update to v1.7 and use a no-CD crack or the executable from GOG. If you run the game without the CD, many audio and videos will be missing; to fix this, copy all the files and folders of the 'Data' folder from the CD to the game 'Data' folder but do not overwrite. Run "DKII.exe" on compatibility setting as Windows XP SP2. If you get 0xc0000142 error, rename "DKII.exe" to something else and then run it. If the mentor voice doesn't work and you get only the subtitles, then make sure the Speaker Configuration is set to Stereo and not Headphones, in-game.
- EA Sports Cricket 05
- EA Sports Cricket 07
- Expendable: Create a shortcut for 'go.exe' and add the parameter '-nocputest'. Also look in the 'Expendable.exe' for the resolution and make sure it is a valid resolution.
- Fallout A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game: If you get "Failure initializing input devices" error message, delete the 'ddraw.dll' from the game directory if it exists. If you need a custom 'ddraw.dll' for any reason, then you need to see which ones work and don't trigger the error (GOG DirectDraw works fine). If you get any error regarding low disk space, open 'fallout.cfg' and change the line "free_space=20480" to "free_space=0". If the file doesn't exist, try restarting PC or change compatibility settings to any OS after Windows XP SP2.
- Fallout 2: If you get an error regarding disk space, open 'fallout2.cfg' and edit the line that reads "free_space=?" to "free_space=0". If the line doesn't exist, add it under [system]. If the file doesn't exist, try restarting PC or change compatibility settings to any OS after Windows XP SP2.
- Final Fantasy VII: Use v1.02 patch for hardware acceleration.
- Final Fantasy VIII: If you need 8-bit paletted textures, use dgVoodoo. Don't install any update to the game.
- Grand Theft Auto: If game lags, increase resolution in game.
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Grand Theft Auto Vice City
- Half-Life 2
- Hexen95: You don't need to install the game, simply copy the files. Set the compatibility to Windows 95 only for "HEXEN95.EXE". If you get an error saying that no suitable video boards were found, then use DDraw wrapper from dgVoodoo.
- HyperBlade: Install patch 188.8.131.52 and you can run the game. Use -x parameter to run the game in software mode. The game menu works fine and you get to the gameplay where you may find the game extremely fast. Also the textures kept shaking in Software mode when I tested. The game may work or may be glitchy with Windows DX libs on DirectDraw mode. Use DxWnd and you won't have much problem. Also using DxWnd in fullscreen mode will be better as you may get an object and texture misallignment(taking your cursor over an option but the option is somewhere left, right,...). But still in full screen mode, the top part of the game window may get cut and disallow you to see the time.
dgVoodoo can also be used but you may experience frozen screen on full screen mode(mine froze until match starts). Enable the option to toggle between fullscreen and windowed in dgVoodoo DirectX tab, and the game will work fine on windowed mode, and then you can switch to fullscreen mode. But still you may need to change from windowed to fullscreen when you change screens in game. This is the best way to play the game, although the menu may still get frozen when changing from windowed to fullscreen.
- Jack Jazzrabbit 2: You may need dgVoodoo while running in full screen DDraw mode as without it you may get reduced performance.
- MechCommander Gold: Just copy the files off the disk and open 'MCX.exe' to start the game.
- MechCommander 2: Use dgVoodoo and select a card later than or "GeForce 4 Ti 4800". Also, performance may be bad in high resolution, so default resolution is recommended.
- MechWarrior 3: If the game doesn't run, try dgVoodoo or DxWnd. I have seen DirectDraw doesn't work on Windows DX or dgVoodoo, but DxWnd works for it. Also Direct3D worked for me without any emulator, but if it doesn't then use dgVoodoo over DxWnd because the game was not changing modes from DirectDraw to Direct3D in DxWnd(just in case game sets it to DDraw). DxWnd(v2.05.27 was used by me) doesn't hook fullscreen properly, maybe a software problem for this app or the game or a hardware problem or some problem on my end; the .dxw profile is provided with the app in 'exports' folder.
- Michelin Rally Masters Race of Champions: Use a no-CD crack. If the sound doesn't work, pause the game and resume it. For a crash, use dgVoodoo and set card to "GeForce4 Ti 4800" and VRAM to 64MB. WineD3D can also be used instead.
- Midtown Madness: Requires the latest official patch and a no-CD crack. The no-CD crack is then renamed to MidtownMadness.exe. The game might not get hardware acceleration if the executable spelling is 'midtown.exe'. If 'midtown.exe' has problem in getting hardware acceleration and if you get italicised options in graphics menu of the game, then you have to rename the game executable and use dgVoodoo for DX6 which is required by the game. Iame runs slow, go to Task Manager, go to Details tab, search for "MidtownMadness.exe" process and set affinity to all processors. If you don't get CD music and you have more than 1 drive, make sure the CD is put in the first drive, for example, if you have E:\ and F:\, put it in E:\.
- Monster Truck Madness: If you get an error regarding writing to 'Monster.INF', run the game as administrator. If the game graphics aren't rendered, then use dgVoodoo with "GeForce4 Ti 4800" videocard option. If Software renderer on dgVoodoo gives a black screen, switch to Windowed mode. Alternatively, DxWnd can be used for fullscreen DirectDraw.
- Motocross Madness
- Motocross Madness 2: You need a no-CD first, then use dgVoodoo.
- Moto Racer: You need to set compatibility to use 16 bit colours in Compatibility tab. After that, in case running the game doesn't render graphics properly, like no bikes or roads, then use dgVoodoo.
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2: May require a different d3d8.dll in case you get unknown graphics error.
- Nocturne: Run the game in Windows 98 compatibility if you get 0.0MB disk space error, the loading will be a little faster. If you get error "D3DERR_ELIFINO: An unknown D3D error occured" or the game crashes, then install the latest patch of the game. If the intro video music is hearable but you can't see the video, then install Ligos Indeo v5.11.
- Prince of Persia 3D: Install the latest patch and then a no-CD crack. If you have black video, install latest QuickTime, if the game crashes use dgVoodoo on "DEFAULT" resolution. Latest version of QuickTime and dgVoodoo is recommended if problems exist.
- Project I.G.I.
- Project I.G.I.-2
- Resident Evil 2: The game doesn't get to a resolution higher than 320x240 using the ResidentEvil2.exe but it does on the LeonU or the ClaireU executables.
- Resident Evil 3: Textures are blocky on high resolutions, unfixable problem since its release.
- SimCity 3000: Performance issues are fixed by dgVoodoo. Video doesn't work.
- South Park Rally
- Star Wars Episode I Battle for Naboo
- Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I Racer: Use WineD3D or dgVoodoo if graphics are missing.
- Star Wars Galatic Battlegrounds Saga
- Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2: If game doesn't run, create a copy of 'JK.exe' in the game directory and launch using the copied file. The name of the copied file cannot be the same as 'JK.exe'.
- Star Wars Jedi Knight Mysteries of the Sith: If game doesn't run, create a copy of 'JKM.exe' in the game directory and launch using the copied file. The name of the copied file cannot be the same as 'JK.exe'.
- Star Wars Shadows of the Empire Demo
- Star Wars Starfighter
- Star Wars X-Wing Alliance
- Stronghold Crusader
- Test Drive 6: Copied from PCGamingWiki: :Download the Windows Media Source Filter Installer v1.7. Extract the contents from the .zip file into a folder. Copy drmclien.dll into the game's installation folder. Make a new directory in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ called Windows-Media-Source-Filter. Copy drmclien.dll, strmdll.dll and dxmasf.dll from the .zip file to the Windows-Media-Source-Filter folder. Run DSFMgr.exe as administrator and register the dxmasf.dll in the Windows-Media-Source-Filter folder. Download the DivX 3.11 audio codec. Extract the contents from the .zip file into a folder. Run DivX_Register.exe as Administrator." Also you may need to copy 'strmdll.dll' to game directory. If game graphics are glitchy or flickers, use DDrawCompat emulator. dgVoodoo can also be used to fix the graphics problem. If you want to get 16-bit resolutions, use dgVoodoo. Using dgVoodoo may cause some resolutions to be missing as the game can only support a limited number of resolutions.
- Thief Gold: If game freezes at a black screen and doesn't load further, use dgVoodoo or WineD3D. In dgVoodoo, set VRAM as 16MB and videocard as dgVoodoo Virtual 3D Accelerated Card. The game crashes on high VRAM(don't know at which amount but it crashed at 128MB). If intro is skipped, check 'cam.cfg' for the line 'skip_intro', if it's present, delete that line and I would also recommend you to make that file read-only. If it doesn't work, put the game executable to run as administrator and to register the app for restart in addition to making the 'cam.cfg' file read-only.
- Thief II The Metal Age: If game freezes at a black screen and doesn't load further, use dgVoodoo. The game may still crash while playing if you use dgVoodoo, due to some DirectX issues in the dgVoodoo renderer, but there is no other alternative as far as I know. If intro is skipped, check 'cam.cfg' for the line 'skip_intro', if it's present, delete that line and I would also recommend you to make that file read-only. If it doesn't work, put the game executable to run as administrator and to register the app for restart in addition to making the 'cam.cfg' file read-only.
- Tomb Raider II
- Warcraft II Battle.net Edition
- War Wind: Copy "WARWIND" folder from CD to any location for installation purpose.
- V-Rally 2 Expert Edition: Run the setup with Windows 98 compatibility. Run the configurator with Windows 95 compatibility. In case the game video freezes, the distance textures are black and the game menu is glitchy with high resolutions from the configurator, these problems can be fixed by dgVoodoo.
- Zuma Deluxe
Copy and paste the 'WING.DLL' to SysWOW64(if it exists) and System32(on 32-bit systems) for WinG titles. Some games may require the file in their game directory, and some doesn't want it. Put them if required or remove them.
- Star Wars Yoda Stories: Download the latest WaveMix and replace the "WAVMIX32.DLL" with the new file in the download.
- Time Gate Knight's Chase: Copy the 'WING.DLL' from 'WING' folder of the game to System32 and SysWOW64.
- Multiple APIs
These games have multiple APIs, that include those from above. If any game has problems in Software mode, try the fix mentioned for Direct3D/DirectDraw.
- 4x4 Evolution: Run the game in Windows 98 compatibility if you get 0.0MB disk space error, the loading will be a little faster. Installing patch build 57 is recommended as I tested the game on this version. GeForce 3 patch for D3D8 also works fine.
- 4x4 Evolution 2: Run the game in Windows 98 compatibility if you get 0.0MB disk space error, the loading will also be a little faster.
- Carmageddon 2(release by Interplay): Works fine on Glide mode. Requires the WinXP executable for running on the current Windows OSes. Use the .exe file for Software Mode from the Sold Out Software version of the game. Direct3D doesn't work sometimes. Files are available here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p1kykinwfwkvgj3 … tables.zip/file.
- Counter-Strike Beta Versions: Follow Half-Life fix.
- Descent 3: Installed US patch v1.4 first. If you have graphical glitches in Glide or Direct3D, use dgVoodoo.
- Descent Freespace - The Great War
- Deus Ex: May require DirectSound wrappers like DSOAL if you are stuck on a black screen. For other problems, follow guide of Unreal Tournament. Please note that .ini filenames are that of the game executable file.
- Diablo 2: DirectDraw and Glide mode works fine, with native Windows libs and Glide. But Direct3D doesn't work anyway until you update the game using the Battle.net option in game. After you update the game, you can use Direct3D but you will lose DirectDraw and Glide support.
- Far Cry
- FIFA 2000: To change renderer, in registry, go to HKLM/Software/EA SPORTS/FIFA 2000 or HKLM/Software/WOW6432Node/EA SPORTS/FIFA 2000. To change to Glide, set Thrash Driver to 'voodoo' or 'voodoo2', set D3D Device to 0 and choose 3D Card and 3D Device Description from a list available in 3DSetup/3DSetup.ini of the game folder. You can set DirectX and Software Renderer from the 3DSetup.exe.
- Half-Life: Works properly on OpenGL. Glide mode gets buggy when game is paused. Direct3D mode works fine but Software mode probably doesn't.
- Half-Life Blue Shift: Same as Half-Life.
- Half-Life Decay: Same as Half-Life.
- Half-Life Opposing Force: Same as Half-Life.
- Heavy Gear
- Hitman Codename 47: Requires latest patch(SP1A) with no-CD(abra's crack worked fine).
- Homeworld: Glide and OpenGL mode didn't work for me, but the required OpenGL fix requires Windows 95/98, so it may not be possible to run on OpenGL or Glide mode. Software and D3D mode works fine.
- Mortal Kombat 4: If you can't install game, then copy DATA folder and paste it anywhere. Then use http://www.mediafire.com/file/k4kmkc3ig10wt6o … k4_reg.zip/file registry fix for x86 or x64 OS. After you extract the file, open either of the x86 or x64 .reg file depending on OS architecture and change the value of path to the location of the executable file in the copied DATA folder, and remember to use double slash, for example, put "E:\\DATA" in 'Path' registry if your game .exe location is in "E:\DATA". If you have Glide installed, then you can't change to Direct3D because Glide cards in 1997 didn't support D3D5 that the game also supports. If you uninstall Glide, the game will be in Windowed Software mode(just because the game thinks you still have that Glide card in). The way to get D3D mode back is to try setting the color compatibility to 16-bit, or change OS compatibility to something like WinXPSP3. Then launch the game and you should have D3D mode back. Thereafter, you can turn off compatibility settings again. If you reinstall Glide, you will lose D3D mode again.
- Monster Truck Madness 2: If you 't install the game, then copy all files and folders of the game, except the 'SETUP.EXE'. Then use this executable e to run the game: http://www.mediafire.com/file/j9f6xqc81tjbhr8 … onster.rar/file
- Myth II Soulblighter
- Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit: Requires a registry fix and a install.win file to run the game on 64-bit OS as installer doesn't work. It might function under OTVDM but I didn't try. After installing, the game can run in both Glide and D3D mode. Software mode works fine. Files you need are here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qtt95ln9pqgpbso … patfix.rar/file
- Need for Speed IV High Stakes: Install the v4.50 patch and a no-CD crack. To use 3DSetup, rename the executable file to something else(if you don't get options other than Software Renderer, use the registry file from the download to use the other options). The game runs fine on Glide API with nGlide or dgVoodoo. The software mode also works fine and also you can use dgVoodoo for it if it doesn't work. The biggest problem is the D3D6 mode, it doesn't work, UNTIL you replace the 'd3da.dll' with some newer file version, like the one from NFSPU or NFSHP2. The Direct3D7 and Direct3D8 renderer of the respective games run High Stakes without problems, even if you face problem, dgVoodoo will fix it. The NFS3 'd3da.dll' also works sometimes but it gives broken visuals. If you can't run the game due to some memory problem, install the "NFS4 Mercury Patch". Required files excluding the "NFS4 Mercury Patch" are here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/l21ts7591oaymbe … hs-fix.zip/file
- Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed: Requires latest patch and a no-CD crack. Glide and D3D mode works fine. May need to use Compatibility settings if game crashes before main menu.
- Rune: Similar to Deus Ex, may require DirectSound wrappers like DSOAL if you are stuck on a black screen. For other problems, follow guide of Unreal Tournament. Please not that .ini filenames are that of the game executable file.
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3D: If graphics are corrupted in DirectX mode, use dgVoodoo DirectX emulation and set videocard to "GeForce4 Ti 4800". Game may C2D sometimes while loading but I believe it's game's fault.
- Test Drive 5: Use dgVoodoo DirectX to avoid crashes in DirectX mode. For Glide mode, nGlide is recommended. If you had faced problems in D3D mode and then you needed dgVoodoo to fix that, then you will face similar problem for Glide mode and you will need dgVoodoo 'DDraw' for it to be fixed. This is because the game uses DDraw for rendering menus before changing to Glide during the race. Similar to D3D, this time you will only need 'DDraw.dll', copying 'D3D9.dll' to the game directory will cause nGlide(if nGlide is set to use D3D9 backednd) to use the dgVoodoo D3D9 over the Windows one.
- Test Drive Off-Road 3: Graphics modes can be changed using 'VidCfg.exe' ftom the CD. If game doesn't run in D3D or Software mode, using dgVoodoo will fix it but you won't be able to hover cursor over full screen.
- Warhammer Dark Omen: Paste a d3drm.dll in game executable directory. If you get driver error, use dgVoodoo, but changing the resolution in the app may freeze game after video. If you get color problems, dgVoodoo will fix it. I still don't know if the game is interlaced and the game seems to flicker but stops flickering when I click Esc to pause it.
- Wing Commander Prophecy
- Unreal: Requires you to modify the resolution of fullscreen in unreal.ini file for a playble framerate in D3D5. Software mode may crash, similarly change the resolution for fullscreen. Glide mode works fine.
- Unreal Tournament 99 : Requires you to modify the resolution of fullscreen in unrealtournament.ini file for a playble framerate in D3D5. Software mode may crash, similarly change the resolution for fullscreen. Glide mode works fine. S3TC Textures can be turned on for modern hardware using the .ini file.
- V-Rally Multiplayer Championship Edition: Don't install the game inside a folder which has a space character in it's name, for example don't install the game inside 'Program Files'. Avoid any folder which has any space in it's name or else game will crash.
- Interstate 76: Read here
- Jane's USAF: Game runs without any problem with dgVoodoo and patch 1.02F with crack. But you may experience problems with the main menu freezing graphically with the video but the sound plays. In that case, go to windowed mode by clicking on Windows button and clicking on the game process in the Task Bar, there the game will switch to windowed mode and click on options while in windowed mode. You may find some loading issues. The Fly Now mode, works better in that case.
Luck decides playability:-
- South Park: Install the compatibility patch for South Park 3 and rename the game executable to SouthPark3.exe. Glide works best with nGlide. If you want to use D3D but it crashes with error message, dgVoodoo should work. Software mode also works and dgVoodoo can be used for it too. Please note that if after doing all these the game doesn't run, then try opening the executable again and again. Eventually it will run.
- The Need for Speed Special Edition(Windows 95): Go to Re: The Need for Speed Special Edition for Windows doesn't work
Multiplayer is not playable on Windows 10(maybe on 8 too)
Playable with a few unusuable features:-
- Quake: Software and OpenGL worked fine. Glide mode is bugged.
- The Ultimate Doom: Requires a different ddraw.dll in game folder for proper colour. Mouse doesn't work but you can turn around using keyboard.
- Doom 95: Requires a different ddraw.dll in game folder for proper colour. Mouse doesn't work but you can turn around using keyboard.
Playable with mods:-
- Grand Theft Auto 2: Works fine on Windows 7 with v1.03 patch. For Windows 8 and 10, install a mod named GTA2 v11.44. CD Audio and CD Video won't work after installing this mod.
- System Shock 2: Use SS2Tool(Theoretically you can run without this tool but you will need to find what this tool patches that makes this game runs.).
Added by vlad54rus:
- Serious Sam: The First Encounter
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
Added by Davros(retail?)
- Airfix: Dogfighter
- Aliens vs Predator
- Bang! Gunship Elite
- Combat Flight Simulator 1
- Combat Flight Simulator 2
- Descent 3
- Freespace 1
- Freespace 2
- Wheel of Time
Added by leileilol
- Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Added by yochenhsieh
- Star Trek: Borg --- dgvoodoo2
- Star Trek: Generations --- Star Trek Generations: video won't play [resolved]
- Star Trek: Starfleet Academy --- http://www.jiri-dvorak.net/ka/index.html (this also works for SFA)
- Star Trek: Captain' s Chair --- need some quicktime files
- Star Trek: The Next Generation - Klingon Honor Guard --- need dgvoodoo2
- Star Trek: Starship Creator --- need some quicktime files
- Star Trek: The Next Generation - Birth of the Federation --- need dgvoodoo2
- Star Trek: Starfleet Command
- Star Trek: Hidden Evil --- need dgvoodoo2, AND some quicktime files, AND windows 98 compatible mode.
- Star Trek: Armada --- http://armadafiles.com/files/armada/mods/patc … project/details AND https://github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/wiki … r-Trek-Armada-1
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - The Fallen
- Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force
- Star Trek: Klingon Academy --- http://www.jiri-dvorak.net/ka/index.html
- Star Trek: Conquest online (offline demo mode only)
- Star Trek: New Worlds --- need wine
- Star Trek: Starfleet Command Volume II - Empires at War
- Star Trek: Starship Creator Warp II --- need some quicktime files
- Star Trek: Away Team
- Star Trek: Armada II --- http://armadafiles.com/files/armada-2/mods/pa … exe-125/details
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Dominion Wars --- http://www.jiri-dvorak.net/dw/index.html
- Star Trek: Starfleet Command - Orion Pirates
- Star Trek: Bridge Commander
- Star Trek: Starfleet Command III --- need dgvoodoo2 for Win10.
- Star Trek: Elite Force II
Added by chrismeyer6
- HotRod American Street Drag
- Civilization 2: Performance issues.
- Jane's IAF: Install Indeo Video during game installation. After installation, run cmd.exe as administrator and type:
"cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64" on 64 bit OS
Replace "SysWOW64" with "System32" on 32 bit OS.
After you execute this line, type
and execute. Then run dgVoodoo.
Game runs when you use dgVoodoo. On selecting any resolution other than the default resolution in dgVoodoo, the game becomes buggy. Game graphics are also glitchy.
- Microsoft Soccer: Use dgVoodoo for DDraw, copy dplayx.dll from System32(on 32 bit system) or SysWOW64(on 64 bit system) to game directory. Changing the resolution of the game in dgVoodoo may have some menu problems. Also I was unable to save my game during a match. (I got myself a copy from myabandonware.com so I don't know how the setup process goes.)
- Resident Evil: Couldn't get sound to work.
- Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow
- Starship Creator Warp II (Windows 10)
I will keep updating this page.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti OC Edition
RAM: 8GB*2 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B450M
PSU: Corsair VX550
Sound Card: Realtek ALC892