VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 140 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
myne wrote on 2023-11-27, 23:48:
Yeah, fair enough. That's why I tried to make it easy to add editions. We could simply put the dgvoodoo files in common and get […]
Show full quote

Yeah, fair enough.
That's why I tried to make it easy to add editions.
We could simply put the dgvoodoo files in common and get rid of that titfixes folder.

I have found some logic bugs with the cdlable+productid+productname.
They don't stop it working, but it's not 'right'

I added the editions I needed to: battlezone and the 3dfx mech2 win95, but how to I set profiles? I can't seem to find the setting anywhere. Now can I find .dxw files.

Meanwhile I attached a package, installing it should ensure you don't get a NT warning error/crash in the Titanium 31st CC, Titanium Mercs, Titanium GBL, PE 31st CC, Mercs D3D Autorun, Mercs 3Dfx interactive Autorun, etc.

Mercs 3dfx installer and Battletech versions have CLI/STI crashes that I can't manage in Windows natively right now.

Attachments

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 141 of 272, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Set profiles?

What do you mean?
Install the sbd?

Things I built:
Mechwarrior 2 installer for Windows 10/11 Re: A comprehensive guide to install and play MechWarrior 2 on new versions on Windows.
Dos+Windows 3.11 auto-install iso template (for vmware)

Reply 142 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
myne wrote on 2023-11-28, 20:07:

Set profiles?

What do you mean?
Install the sbd?

DxWnd profiles. I need to do a few changes and remove the sdb requirement

Reply 143 of 272, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

They all use the same ini in the common folder.
The script modifies the lines for the icon, exe and something else.

From what I figured out, the profiles just changed the ini so there was no point having them when modifying the ini for the exact exe did the same thing.

Things I built:
Mechwarrior 2 installer for Windows 10/11 Re: A comprehensive guide to install and play MechWarrior 2 on new versions on Windows.

Reply 144 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
myne wrote on 2023-11-29, 05:32:

They all use the same ini in the common folder.
The script modifies the lines for the icon, exe and something else.

From what I figured out, the profiles just changed the ini so there was no point having them when modifying the ini for the exact exe did the same thing.

Here's the changes.

Later I will probably need a change: enabling DirectX(2)/NO Exclusive Coop Level setting for Win95 Mercs, GBL, Battletech games only. How do I do that?

Also I didn't yet disable the sdb installation because the DxWnd cpu scheduler has some bugs. Although you can check in Tweaks tab IgnoreScheduler is enabled and it is updated to a newer version (help section)

Attachments

Reply 145 of 272, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, seems to work.
You updated the dxwnd version , ini, and dgvoodoo?

Things I built:

Reply 146 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
myne wrote on 2023-11-30, 07:41:

Yeah, seems to work.
You updated the dxwnd version , ini, and dgvoodoo?

Yes I changed that.

I didn't change the dgV2 profile for MW2 but I added a new one for Mech2 PE 3dfx edition, because there's graphical glitches otherwise for resolution upscale (until it gets fixed I will have to keep default resolution)
Re: MechWarrior 2 3Dfx Edition doesn't load HUD in mission as well as pause menu

I updated DxWnd, I will wait for IgnoreScheduler to work from there itself so that I can also remove the sdb necessity:
https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/discussion/ge … b2fc62608/#895d

Reply 147 of 272, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Never heard of PE editon. What is it?

Things I built:

Reply 148 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
myne wrote on 2023-11-30, 09:57:

Never heard of PE editon. What is it?

(PE) Pentium Edition = Windows95 version 🤦

There was an OEM Pentium Edition too, mech2.org says that one was the best behaving Mech2 on WinXP back then.

Although GBL and Mercs don't have a PE branding

Reply 149 of 272, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ah right. Of course. Total brain fart.

A few people seem to have downloaded it. No one seems to be complaining. I guess it all works?

Things I built:

Reply 151 of 272, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Carrera wrote on 2023-12-01, 12:01:

I'm a hamster... I download everything 😀
I won't be able to test for a long time but I figure having it is half th battle

🤣 fair enough.

Been:
Give this one a try.
I rewrote the cd finding part to fix some of the bad logic, moved a few things around, and added your additional editions in.

Attachments

• Filename
    mw2Installer.zip
    File size
    5.66 KiB
    Downloads
    36 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Things I built:

Reply 152 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
myne wrote on 2023-12-02, 05:14:
lol fair enough. […]
Show full quote
Carrera wrote on 2023-12-01, 12:01:

I'm a hamster... I download everything 😀
I won't be able to test for a long time but I figure having it is half th battle

🤣 fair enough.

Been:
Give this one a try.
I rewrote the cd finding part to fix some of the bad logic, moved a few things around, and added your additional editions in.

I fixed a few errors and saw that you removed the new 3dfx patch part so I added it back. I also added credits for Slug's patch. I also modified the Titanium dgVoodoo2 profile to use the Desktop resolution with AA instead of 1440p with AA (1440p is sluggish on my iGPU machine so the change is probably worth it). It works fine.

If it is all correct, I will add it to the original post.

Attachments

Reply 153 of 272, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't understand why there's a 3dfx folder containing pretty much the same stuff as the mw2tit folder.
Why is that?

Things I built:

Reply 154 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
myne wrote on 2023-12-02, 07:36:

I don't understand why there's a 3dfx folder containing pretty much the same stuff as the mw2tit folder.
Why is that?

Re: MechWarrior 2 3Dfx Edition doesn't load HUD in mission as well as pause menu

Reply 155 of 272, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok, so what is the net difference? A different conf file?
Might as well just delete everything but the conf file in that folder

Things I built:

Reply 156 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
myne wrote on 2023-12-02, 08:23:

Ok, so what is the net difference? A different conf file?
Might as well just delete everything but the conf file in that folder

That's what I wanted to do. My initial plan was to rename the previous folder to 3dfxpatch, with plugins somewhere else

The thing that confused me was the order in which the conf would be put if I removed only 1 file to a different place, while there would be another conf file with the dlls. I overcome this challenge by making an entirely new folder

Reply 157 of 272, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It all runs in order.
Just delete the dgvoodoo stuff from that folder, and it should copy the conf over the top of the titanium one.

Thinking if I should add a prompt to ask whether to install the Mercs patch. It seemed to make the game worse when I tried it, but maybe it'll work for some people/editions.

Things I built:

Reply 158 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
myne wrote on 2023-12-02, 13:43:

It all runs in order.
Just delete the dgvoodoo stuff from that folder, and it should copy the conf over the top of the titanium one.

Thinking if I should add a prompt to ask whether to install the Mercs patch. It seemed to make the game worse when I tried it, but maybe it'll work for some people/editions.

What's the issue with Mercs

Reply 159 of 272, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

None of the editions install the patch.
When I tried it it was an unstable mess.
Not sure if it was because I screwed up getting the patch files, or it installs differently depending on the starting edition.

Things I built: