VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 180 of 272, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So called "abandonware" is not supported here. The download in the op as far as vogons is concerned is for purchased games. No help will be provided on vogons for so called "abandonware".

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 181 of 272, by ChronoReaperX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote on 2024-02-11, 04:03:

So called "abandonware" is not supported here. The download in the op as far as vogons is concerned is for purchased games. No help will be provided on vogons for so called "abandonware".

So where can I purchase the 1st hand (new) version of those games nowadays? Do the original developer still sell it?

Reply 182 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ChronoReaperX wrote on 2024-02-11, 05:00:

So where can I purchase the 1st hand (new) version of those games nowadays? Do the original developer still sell it?

The reason why Vogons doesn't want to help with abandonwares is because:
1) Companies get the opportunity to apply a DMCA takedown and file damage lawsuit, and hence not desirable.
2) There are thousand different things you can get from a game download. Could be a bootleg, could be a real game dump, etc.
3) Other reasons I don't remember.

You have to to make sure your game doesn't become an "abandonware". "Abandonware" is termed here termed as a game not easily purchasable and is downloaded from sites by an user, which COULD GET manipulated by the uploader, differentiating the characteristics from a real CD game, and may complicate the help offered by users thinking it's the real game, while also allowing 3rd party to file for copyright infringement. Not only Vogons does this ...

About your game, I can only help if it's a real copy (as I said, an abandonware copy could mean a lot of things, a real copy in a CD of MW2 31st Titanium would have: few folders, a Setup.exe, a 16-bit Installshield, etc).

Myne's installer is supposed to be extracted and run with the bat file. It will detect the Titanium CDs and Orchid CD automatically and you have to go through the CMD wizard.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 183 of 272, by ChronoReaperX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-02-11, 05:20:
The reason why Vogons doesn't want to help with abandonwares is because: 1) Companies get the opportunity to apply a DMCA takedo […]
Show full quote

1) Companies get the opportunity to apply a DMCA takedown and file damage lawsuit, and hence not desirable.
2) There are thousand different things you can get from a game download. Could be a bootleg, could be a real game dump, etc.

You have to to make sure your game doesn't become an "abandonware". "Abandonware" is termed here termed as a game not easily purchasable and is downloaded from sites by an user, which COULD GET manipulated by the uploader, differentiating the characteristics from a real CD game, and may complicate the help offered by users thinking it's the real game, while also allowing 3rd party to file for copyright infringement. Not only Vogons does this ...

About your game, I can only help if it's a real copy (as I said, an abandonware copy could mean a lot of things, a real copy in a CD of MW2 31st Titanium would have: few folders, a Setup.exe, a 16-bit Installshield, etc).

Myne's installer is supposed to be extracted and run with the bat file. It will detect the Titanium CDs and Orchid CD automatically and you have to go through the CMD wizard.

Ok understood.

BTW could y'all guide me on how to make the music play during gameplay?

Reply 184 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ChronoReaperX wrote on 2024-02-12, 15:29:
The reason why Vogons doesn't want to help with abandonwares is because: 1) Companies get the opportunity to apply a DMCA takedo […]
Show full quote

Ok understood.

Your CD should be in the first CD drive. Make sure the music is discoverable (such as in WMP). Alternatively you can use a cd audio emulator with extracted audio files (eg inmm, DxWnd, etc)

Reply 185 of 272, by ChronoReaperX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-02-12, 16:58:
Show full quote

Ok understood.

Your CD should be in the first CD drive. Make sure the music is discoverable (such as in WMP). Alternatively you can use a cd audio emulator with extracted audio files (eg inmm, DxWnd, etc)

Sorry for interuppting again, could you tell why I can't install GBL Titanium and Mech 2 31st CC Titanium? The installer says those "Titanium Edition is not configured at this time".

Reply 186 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ChronoReaperX wrote on 2024-02-13, 11:49:

Ok understood.

Sorry for interuppting again, could you tell why I can't install GBL Titanium and Mech 2 31st CC Titanium? The installer says those "Titanium Edition is not configured at this time".

Sorry I never saw the error message. Where are you getting it, since @myne configured the installer

Reply 187 of 272, by ChronoReaperX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-02-13, 17:20:

Sorry I never saw the error message. Where are you getting it, since @myne configured the installer

I've used 2-3 MW2Installers posted here to install around 2 different copies of GBL Titanium and 3 different copies of MW2 31st CC Titanium. With no avail.

BTW what is actually the latest and the most complete MW2installer here? Sorry I am confused. Could you give me the link?

Reply 188 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ChronoReaperX wrote on 2024-02-13, 17:44:

I've used 2-3 MW2Installers posted here to install around 2 different copies of GBL Titanium and 3 different copies of MW2 31st CC Titanium. With no avail.

BTW what is actually the latest and the most complete MW2installer here? Sorry I am confused. Could you give me the link?

Ones from og post
A comprehensive guide to install and play MechWarrior 2 on new versions on Windows.

Reply 189 of 272, by ChronoReaperX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-02-13, 21:10:

Ones from og post
A comprehensive guide to install and play MechWarrior 2 on new versions on Windows.

Thanks.

"Download the latest attachment named TBA.
Install the .sdb file given in the attachment. Open DxWnd and use import the profile given attachment. Set your executable path through DxWnd."

Can I know where I can download the attachment named TBA? I couldn't found any link of it. Any I assume the .sdb file can be installed via the same .bat file?

Reply 190 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ChronoReaperX wrote on 2024-02-14, 02:39:
Thanks. […]
Show full quote
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-02-13, 21:10:

Ones from og post

Thanks.

"Download the latest attachment named TBA.
Install the .sdb file given in the attachment. Open DxWnd and use import the profile given attachment. Set your executable path through DxWnd."

Can I know where I can download the attachment named TBA? I couldn't found any link of it. Any I assume the .sdb file can be installed via the same .bat file?

Thats GBL Win95. Follow the normal Titanium guide which is common for all the 3 Titanium games.

Reply 191 of 272, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What happens when you run the installer?
I'd like to see the screenshots.

Things I built:
Mechwarrior 2 installer for Windows 10/11 Re: A comprehensive guide to install and play MechWarrior 2 on new versions on Windows.
Dos+Windows 3.11 auto-install iso template (for vmware)

Reply 192 of 272, by ChronoReaperX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
myne wrote on 2024-02-14, 10:03:

BTW I have tried to individually and manually install those 2 Titanium Mech games but I surrender.... I just can't make it work.

Attachments

Reply 193 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ChronoReaperX wrote on 2024-02-14, 13:30:

BTW I have tried to individually and manually install those 2 Titanium Mech games but I surrender.... I just can't make it work.

Give a screenshot of your CD folder structure, CD label and the text inside product.ini (I don't have the CD with me right now, but searching for product.ini in the CD folder should give you that)

Reply 194 of 272, by ChronoReaperX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-02-14, 15:54:
ChronoReaperX wrote on 2024-02-14, 13:30:

Give a screenshot of your CD folder structure, CD label and the text inside product.ini (I don't have the CD with me right now, but searching for product.ini in the CD folder should give you that)

This is the copy (CD) of GBL Titanium that failed to be installed by the All-in-One (MW2installer)

Attachments

Last edited by ChronoReaperX on 2024-02-14, 18:17. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 195 of 272, by ChronoReaperX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is the copy (CD) of MW2 31st CC Titanium that failed to be installed by the All-in-One (MW2installer)

Attachments

Last edited by ChronoReaperX on 2024-02-14, 18:16. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 196 of 272, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Okay thanks, I thanks, that should probably help. You can help one step further by telling the CDLABEL (it's the CD name written beside the CD drive letter)

Hopefully myne is reading the thread.

Did you try using the individual installation method. For every Titanium game, use the generic Titanium installation method (not the Win95 GBL or Mercs method)

Reply 197 of 272, by ChronoReaperX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-02-14, 17:44:

Okay thanks, I thanks, that should probably help. You can help one step further by telling the CDLABEL (it's the CD name written beside the CD drive letter)

Hopefully myne is reading the thread.

Did you try using the individual installation method. For every Titanium game, use the generic Titanium installation method (not the Win95 GBL or Mercs method)

1) For the GBL Titanium the CD label is TITAN_GBL

2) For the MW2 31st CC Titanium the CD label is TITAN_MW2

Thanks for help too

Reply 198 of 272, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

GBL might have been a typo.
MW2 appears to be an edition I haven't seen yet.

There are 40+ editions and some of them require different approaches to install.

Give this a try.

BTW this is the relevant code in the install script which identifies the edition and chooses the method to install:

switch ("$cdlabel-$ProductID-$productname") {
"MECH2-MW2W-MechWarrior 2" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="MW2W"; break findcd}
"MECH2-MW2A-MechWarrior 2" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="MW2A"; break findcd}
"MECH2-MW2W95-MechWarrior 2" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="MW2W"; break findcd}
"TIT-MW2W95-MW2 Titanium Edition" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="TITMW2W95"; break findcd}
"TITAN_MW2-MW2W95-Titanium Trilogy" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="TITMW2W95"; break findcd}
"GBLWIN95-GBW-Ghost Bear's Legacy" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="GBW"; break findcd}
"GBL-GBLW95DOS-Ghost Bear's Legacy" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="GBLW95DOS"; break findcd}
"TITAN_GBL-TITW95-Titanium Trilogy" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="TITGBLW95"; break findcd}
"MERCS3DFX-MERCS3DFX-Mercenaries 3DFX" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="mercs3dfx"; break findcd}
"MERCENARIES-Mercs-W95Mercenaries" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="MercsW95"; break findcd}
"Mercenaries-Mercs3DSW95-Mercenaries D3D" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="Mercs3DSW95"; break findcd}
"TITAN_MERCS-TITMERW95-Mercenaries Titanium Edition" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="TITMERW95"; break findcd}
"TITAN_MERCS-TITMERW95-Mercenaries" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="TITMERW95"; break findcd}
"BATL_GBL-BtpkW95-BattlePack" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="BPGBL"; break findcd}

So it combines the CDLABEL-ProductName-ProductID and where it has a match, it chooses the edition.

eg, the first one is
So where the CDLABEL is MECH2 and the ProductName (product.ini) is MW2W and the ProductID (product.ini) is Mechwarrrior2 it selects the edition MW2W

The edition chosen chooses the install method. Some of them result in the same edition because the same install approach works.
eg the first and third have different CDLABEL-PRODUCTNAME-PRODUCTID, but they both work with the MW2W method.

For your cases, it looks like I forgot a hyphen in this line:
"TITAN_GBL-TITW95-Titanium Trilogy" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="TITGBLW95"; break findcd}
and I have added this line:
"TITAN_MW2-TITMW2W95-Titanium Trilogy" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="TITMW2W95"; break findcd}

It's done this way so that people with just a tiny bit of coding knowledge can add editions if they want to, test them, and report back with the results. I am somewhat hoping that over time, people will add to this thread with updated installers which support more editions (and maybe even figure out how to install the mercs patch which I failed at.). Ie, it's an "open source" effort if you will.

Assuming the same method works for yours as the other titaniums, it should work now.

Edit. OOPS mistake with MW231cc. Shouldn't have worked.
Redownload if you have already.

Last edited by myne on 2024-02-15, 04:56. Edited 1 time in total.

Things I built:
Mechwarrior 2 installer for Windows 10/11 Re: A comprehensive guide to install and play MechWarrior 2 on new versions on Windows.
Dos+Windows 3.11 auto-install iso template (for vmware)

Reply 199 of 272, by ChronoReaperX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
myne wrote on 2024-02-14, 23:21:
GBL might have been a typo. MW2 appears to be an edition I haven't seen yet. […]
Show full quote

GBL might have been a typo.
MW2 appears to be an edition I haven't seen yet.

There are 40+ editions and some of them require different approaches to install.

Give this a try.

BTW this is the relevant code in the install script which identifies the edition and chooses the method to install:

switch ("$cdlabel-$ProductID-$productname") {
"MECH2-MW2A-MechWarrior 2" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="MW2A"; break findcd}
"MECH2-MW2W95-MechWarrior 2" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="MW2W"; break findcd}
"TIT-MW2W95-MW2 Titanium Edition" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="TITMW2W95"; break findcd}
"TITAN_MW2-MW2W95-Titanium Trilogy" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="TITMW2W95"; break findcd}
"GBLWIN95-GBW-Ghost Bear's Legacy" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="GBW"; break findcd}
"GBL-GBLW95DOS-Ghost Bear's Legacy" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="GBLW95DOS"; break findcd}
"MERCS3DFX-MERCS3DFX-Mercenaries 3DFX" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="mercs3dfx"; break findcd}
"MERCENARIES-Mercs-W95Mercenaries" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="MercsW95"; break findcd}
"Mercenaries-Mercs3DSW95-Mercenaries D3D" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="Mercs3DSW95"; break findcd}
"TITAN_MERCS-TITMERW95-Mercenaries Titanium Edition" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="TITMERW95"; break findcd}
"TITAN_MERCS-TITMERW95-Mercenaries" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="TITMERW95"; break findcd}
"BATL_GBL-BtpkW95-BattlePack" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="BPGBL"; break findcd}

So it combines the CDLABEL-ProductName-ProductID and where it has a match, it chooses the edition.

eg, the first one is
So where the CDLABEL is MECH2 and the ProductName (product.ini) is MW2W and the ProductID (product.ini) is Mechwarrrior2 it selects the edition MW2W

The edition chosen chooses the install method. Some of them result in the same edition because the same install approach works.
eg the first and third have different CDLABEL-PRODUCTNAME-PRODUCTID, but they both work with the MW2W method.

For your cases, it looks like I forgot a hyphen in this line:
and I have added this line:
"TITAN_MW2-TITMW2W95-Titanium Trilogy" {$CDDRIVE =$letter; $edition="TITMW2W95"; break findcd}

It's done this way so that people with just a tiny bit of coding knowledge can add editions if they want to, test them, and report back with the results. I am somewhat hoping that over time, people will add to this thread with updated installers which support more editions (and maybe even figure out how to install the mercs patch which I failed at.). Ie, it's an "open source" effort if you will.

Assuming the same method works for yours as the other titaniums, it should work now.

Edit. OOPS mistake with MW231cc. Shouldn't have worked.
Redownload if you have already.

Thanks Myne.... I can confirm that my copy of GBL Titanium now works but the MW2 31st CC still not as you can see in the screenshot attached:

Attachments