VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ancanar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello.

I am running this game on Win7 and everything seems fine but only on some resolution. Any higher than 1024x768 drastically lowers the game performance. Everything looks very bad especially "smoke" effects when force power is used. You can also clearly see the issues in the main menu on the rotating JK series logo. I vaguely remeber simmilar issues with "smoke" effects from the old days when the came came out. Anyone knows why higher resolution is causing it and if there is a way to fix it?

Reply 2 of 5, by ancanar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote on 2023-04-08, 23:36:

r_primitives 2?

What does gfxinfo report?

You mean to write this as a command in console and see what is returned or some kind of sowftware?

These symptoms sound like a possible software rasterizer, which will be the case when you don't have proper video drivers installed.

Wouldn't lack of drivers casue it on all resolution (Although it is dreaded Intel card so I expect everything...)

Reply 4 of 5, by RetroGamer4Ever

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The old Intel GPUs were never good with OpenGL and don't have the horsepower for effects settings above the most basic resolutions, so quite a few old games won't run well if you are using one.