User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Other than my Voodoo1 running on the top of what I believe was a S3...no luck 😮

Reply 4 of 11, by Barry_Purplelips

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Voodoo3's VBE support is one of the worst in any voodoo card, it's slow and lacking a great deal of modes. FX5200's quite solid actually, pretty much like a 6200's except you don't get the annoying flashing garbage.

I'll see if I can get myself a Banshee.

Reply 6 of 11, by Barry_Purplelips

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There's a model from each Voodoo line in my collection, though I always skipped over the entry-level market. I'm going to try the Banshee "just in case", but considering the record, I might be better off not getting anything. Univbe could work, but only to a degree, and the newer models are definitely helpless. Just wanted that "perfect" Voodoo that apparently never was.

Reply 7 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Care to give a riva128 (or 128zx) a try? Those have a VBE3.0 BIOS and are VERY fast and compatible vga's... I use them on my DOS machines, they never failed me!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 8 of 11, by Barry_Purplelips

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keropi wrote:

Care to give a riva128 (or 128zx) a try? Those have a VBE3.0 BIOS and are VERY fast and compatible vga's... I use them on my DOS machines, they never failed me!

Yes I do because the riva128 isn't a voodoo 😁

Reply 10 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Barry_Purplelips wrote:
keropi wrote:

Yes I do because the riva128 isn't a voodoo 😁

well then, if you don't like the v3 then you are pretty much done with it, there is no better voodoo in terms of VBE support...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website