VOGONS

First post, by jim78b

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hello everyones! i have a trouble. i owner of a schneider euro pc 8088 with a cgaout db9 pin, i have i monitor commodore 1084 s ,how i can the cable for connect my old pc to it?

i post specifications of monitor

1084S

Picture Tube: 14 inch (13 inch viewable), slotted triplet pitch 0.42 mm
Deflection: 90°
Monitor input sockets for RGB signals:
9-pin D: RGB Analog 0.7 P-P, 75 Ohm
DIN connector: RGBI Digital TTL Levels
Resolution: 640 x 200 lines, 640 x 400 lines interlaced
Characters: RGB, RGBI, 2000 characters, Composite, Seperated LCA, 1000 characters
Raster Frequency: 50 or 60Hz
Line Frequency: 15625 - 15750Hz
Sound Output: 1WRMS
Audio Signal: 1.0V P-P, 47K Ohm
Mains Voltage: 120 VAC, 60Hz
Power Consumption: 75W
Dimensions (H x W x D): 330 x 357 x 378 mm
Weight: 11 kg

Looking at the back of the monitor

Digital Analog
Pin Number TTL Mode RGB Analog Mode

1 Ground Ground
2 Ground Ground
3 Red Red
4 Green Green
5 Blue Blue
6 Intensity N/C
7 N/C Composite Sync
8 Horiz.Sync N/C
9 Vert. Sync N/C

my question is, i shall connect which pins from my pc db9 to my pin 8,9 my monitor? cga is a ttl signal?

CGA PINOUT

1 GND Ground
2 GND Ground
3 R Red
4 G Green
5 B Blue
6 I Intensity
7 RES Reserved
8 HSYNC Horizontal Sync
9 VSYNC Vertical Sync

Reply 3 of 15, by Markk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The euro pc has one internal 8bit ISA slot. If you get an ISA VGA card, even a 16bit one, it should work. A friend of mine has 2 euro pcs, and both of them have a vga card. That way you can connect it to a standard monitor.

Reply 5 of 15, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What model 1084S do you have. I have a 1084S-D2, it just has a 9 pin d-sub connector on the back of the monitor. You've already posted the pinouts in your OP and my manual agrees with that.

You just need a cable with a 9-pin dsub on each end, wired up identically on both ends - as you can see here http://pinouts.ru/all/CGA_pinout.shtml the pinout is the same on both the monitor and the video card.

You must also set the ANALOG/TTL switch to TTL mode and the CVBS/RGB switch to RGB mode if you have these switches on your monitor.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 6 of 15, by jim78b

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ok
you're so kind.
I have to make db9 cable as in the diagram of the CGA. both sides must have the same pin.right?
then I push all the 2 buttons ?

excuse my english!

i have a db9 cablei try to connect pc with monitor my image is as i connect a vga cable instable!!!

Reply 8 of 15, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry I don't understand the question? I've said everything I know. I haven't tried this myself, just going off what the manual says.

Reply 10 of 15, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well if that's the case all I can suggest is to check the cable has the same pinout on both ends, and that none of the wires or pins are broken. The buttons should be set as I described above, according to my manual.

Reply 11 of 15, by jim78b

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ok it is right i don t see the image stable i get the service manual of my pci post image of db9 pinout. so you can help me?

Attachments

• rgb.JPG
    Filename
    rgb.JPG
    File size
    24.3 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 15 of 15, by jim78b

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i m sorry the cable doesn't work!! i have an idea ...if i Connect fron my pc h sync and v sync togheter to' composite pin of my monitor? this for the reason i see the image out of frequency....