VOGONS

Emulating EAX on any onboard sound hardware?

Topic actions

Reply 340 of 345, by Johnny Rico

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
svfn wrote:

i just tried with GOG's version after patching with 1.497 Beta, and unzipping the EAX files to the folder, add -snd3d, use either DSOAL or ALchemy and both worked.

have you tried copying the EAX files (in that mega link) to your installation folder already?
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Giants:_Citizen … _Hardware_sound

Wow, this worked thanks to this mega archive...It is so weird, I'm sure I checked EVERY webpage about Giants in order to resolve my problem, including the pcgamingwiki one, of course...

I'm wondering if this mega archive is a recent addition to the page...

Anyway, thanks a lot, I just tried the game and EAX works now perfectly with my system 😎 😎

Reply 341 of 345, by Johnny Rico

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

-edit- Yes, it was updated about one month ago and I think I checked the page just before that...lame...

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    Filename
    11.jpg
    File size
    148.36 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 342 of 345, by svfn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Johnny Rico wrote:

-edit- Yes, it was updated about one month ago and I think I checked the page just before that...lame...

it's like that sometimes, no worries 😀 never played Kabuto before so thought to give it a try.

SS7: K6-2/350 | FIC PA-2013 2.1 | 32MB PC-100 | 3dfx V3 2000 AGP | AWE64 CT4520 | Win98SE

Reply 343 of 345, by Johnny Rico

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In a non-retro/old games forum, I would have said "do not focus on graphics and 3d which can look somehow aged and obsolete" but in Vogons...I think I'd like to play the game as if it was my first run again 😀 Combats and shooting may sometimes look confused too but the more and more you progress in the game, the more the game is fun and interesting to play...Not to mention the gorgeous epic John Williamesque soundtrack from Jeremy Soule and the nice humor from differents characters in the game (especially the differents Smarties, great absurd Monty Python feeling).

By the way, the game is still played online, there is a Discord about this.

Good game !

Reply 345 of 345, by BuckoA51

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Will this Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 software work for me if I use the HDMI audio out from my Nvidia graphics card? Quite happy to pay 30 bucks or so to get EAX/ALChemy on my main PC. Would be fun to play Alice in 4k with proper surround sound.

Edit - Took a chance and yes, it works with Nvidia audio.

Software is a little flaky (it's creative, go figure!), for example sometimes it decides that headphones/2.1 is all you can do until you reboot, and I wouldn't want to use it all the time, but it seems to work.

play-old-pc-games.com