VOGONS

TRx Texture Feedback

Topic actions

Reply 180 of 193, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The TRX home page shows rocks with lovely tendrils, but they aren't in the pack. Did you drop that idea, or is the pack just a bit out of date?

Reply 181 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Homepage is WIP shots of my current work -- the pack is woefully out of date by comparison. 🙁 I still have a lot to do on Peru -- I can't stop tinkering with stuff I've already finished. That's always been my problem, never happy with anything I do.....

T-Rex is looking good though! 😁

Reply 182 of 193, by OCcsdude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I really like the way you stick to the feel of the original textures Gambit. I hope we see more textures from you soon.

Reply 183 of 193, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm looking forward to those tendril covered walls.

Reply 184 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thought I'd post some work-in-progress shots of Lost Valley... been tinkering abit recently despite trying to setup my own business!

Contrast boosted so won't be quite this intense in game.

Reply 185 of 193, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Lovely stuff. How about releasing some of this?

Reply 186 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'll be releasing the Peru pack when it's complete. Still lots to do on it! Nothing sooner... sorry! 😉

Peru includes a lot of stuff that filters through to the rest of the game which is why this one takes such a long time... Oh, and the fact that I've not really worked on it properly in about a year... and still can't devote the time to it that I'd like!

Reply 187 of 193, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not only is it gorgeous, it's also perfectly true to the TR1 spirit!

/me wants 😁

Reply 188 of 193, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Very nice indeed 😁

that water fall looks very interesting , the water also .

the Peru pack when it's complete. Still lots to do on it! Nothing sooner..

??

not even a sneak peak for paul and the other texture artists ? 🙄

Reply 189 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, the waterfall is a bit odd -- didn't really want to make it so blue, but it works more consistently with the pools that way, because the engine tints everything blue when you look through it. If I kept the waterfall white like the original, it looked weird running into the pool.

A sneal peek would really destroy the impact of playing the whole thing finished. I'm saving you froms poiling things for yourselves! 😉

Reply 190 of 193, by Antonijadis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Great work indeed. I think that rocks look just gorgeous. 😀

Reply 191 of 193, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

because the engine tints everything blue when you look through it

😵 I feel your pain. I have some beautiful gold ( and .. and .. etc, etc, etc...) textures that I cannot use , but I think the water fall looks very good

sneak peek would really destroy

Quite so , but I am really interested in seeing how the extra detail you put in the 'ground' textures works out in relation to the ' repeating pattern ' problem . from the pics it looks as if you have worked out a neat solutionm ( plus I like the ground rocks a lot .

did you share ground textures between levels or have you seperate ones for each ?

Reply 192 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
z9d10 wrote:

I am really interested in seeing how the extra detail you put in the 'ground' textures works out in relation to the ' repeating pattern ' problem . from the pics it looks as if you have worked out a neat solutionm ( plus I like the ground rocks a lot.

I haven't done anything special. The rocks tile badly in some places, the way they do with the original textures.

z9d10 wrote:

did you share ground textures between levels or have you seperate ones for each ?

Base main texture is shared, but there are some subtle differences between other textures that appear to be the same across levels.

Reply 193 of 193, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's a couple more...