VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zeether

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I managed to get SR2 working recently and put the inmm patch in for the CD music. However, there is this weird issue where the music is delayed by several seconds, and for a while I thought the patch had not worked. It's especially noticeable in arcade mode where the announcer will say "3!" and then there's a long pause before the rest of the countdown because it's waiting to cue up the CD audio. Is there some sort of fix for this? I presume it has something to do with how the WAVs are being handled.

Reply 1 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Zeether wrote on 2022-01-20, 02:53:

I managed to get SR2 working recently and put the inmm patch in for the CD music. However, there is this weird issue where the music is delayed by several seconds, and for a while I thought the patch had not worked. It's especially noticeable in arcade mode where the announcer will say "3!" and then there's a long pause before the rest of the countdown because it's waiting to cue up the CD audio. Is there some sort of fix for this? I presume it has something to do with how the WAVs are being handled.

Try using DxWnd. It is currently the most advanced CDA emulator. It also has a IOCTL mode which doesn't require MCI and can emulate the music entirely correct like old systems but has some delays at present. For you work, this may help

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 2 of 8, by Zeether

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-01-20, 05:54:

Try using DxWnd. It is currently the most advanced CDA emulator. It also has a IOCTL mode which doesn't require MCI and can emulate the music entirely correct like old systems but has some delays at present. For you work, this may help

I attempted this, but it doesn't work. Named all of the .wav files like the help file says and no music at all. Is there anyone on the forums who has managed to get the music timing correct in SR2?

Reply 3 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Zeether wrote on 2022-01-21, 03:37:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-01-20, 05:54:

I attempted this, but it doesn't work. Named all of the .wav files like the help file says and no music at all.

Did you select "Use audio files" in the CDAudio tab. If that doesn't help, let me try to minimize some issues. To make sure you are not doing anything wrong, go to the CDAudio tab of application and select "Play from CD" there. Again go to the Hook tab and select "Inject suspended process" and then launch the game from the DxWnd interface. This must work, like all the other SEGA games of that time!

Reply 5 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Zeether wrote on 2022-01-21, 16:27:
I get this error when I launch with those settings, and CD Audio doesn't work with the disc mounted on a virtual drive. […]
Show full quote

I get this error when I launch with those settings, and CD Audio doesn't work with the disc mounted on a virtual drive.

Ing517U.png

Select Acquire admin caps in the configuration.

Reply 6 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Anyways take this:

This .dxw profile should get you the sound. Please note that if the sound doesn't play still, you WILL need to go to CDAudio tab and manually SET the CDADrive to the correct value!

Attachments

Reply 7 of 8, by Zeether

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-01-21, 17:53:
I get this error when I launch with those settings, and CD Audio doesn't work with the disc mounted on a virtual drive. […]
Show full quote

I get this error when I launch with those settings, and CD Audio doesn't work with the disc mounted on a virtual drive.

Ing517U.png

That actually fixed the sound issue, thanks! Now I have the proper timing for it and it's running in a window too.

Reply 8 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Zeether wrote on 2022-01-21, 20:33:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-01-21, 17:53:
Show full quote

Ing517U.png

That actually fixed the sound issue, thanks! Now I have the proper timing for it and it's running in a window too.

You can avoid the window too if you want. Uncheck Run in Window from Main tab, and also select defaulf as Window style in Video tab.

You can still keep windowed mode if you want. The cursor may go our and in the window which might be annoying. Go to Mouse tab and set mouse clipper to on.

Hope that helped