indirect sound

Topic actions

Reply 220 of 228, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kappa971 wrote on 2022-02-19, 14:43:

I don't think anything has been removed. kcat is making several improvements to the code

There's no more the "legacy" EAX option in cmake configuration file, only the one used by EAXEFX.
If you build the binaries you will not get EAX by soft_oal.dll only. No problem using it with OpenAL32.dll provided by eaxefx.

Reply 221 of 228, by Kappa971

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lowenz wrote on 2022-02-19, 16:12:

There's no more the "legacy" EAX option in cmake configuration file, only the one used by EAXEFX.
If you build the binaries you will not get EAX by soft_oal.dll only. No problem using it with OpenAL32.dll provided by eaxefx.

I don't understand what you're saying 🤨
It now appears active by default, see the attached screenshot.
I haven't tried the latest builds, a lot of changes have been made and it's probably not finished yet.

Attachments

• scr1.png
    Filename
    scr1.png
    File size
    46.28 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 223 of 228, by Kappa971

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lowenz wrote on 2022-02-20, 15:44:

Not the EAX support, the LEGACY EAX support, the deprecated one.

I can't understand... What is LEGACY EAX support? OpenAL Soft implements EAX 2-5, called "deprecated EAX extensions", "deprecated" because EAX is long dead.

Reply 225 of 228, by Kappa971

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is a conversation with the developers some time ago:
eaxefx_dev: "First mention of OpenAL was in EAX 2.0 SDK. You won't find anything about OpenAL in EAX 1.0 SDK."
me: "Thanks for the reply. So will EAX 1.0 not be added in OpenAL Soft?"
openalSoft_dev: "Not unless there's an old OpenAL app that actually uses it. It would be better to wrap EAX1->EAX2 in DSOAL, and forward EAX2 to OpenAL."

Reply 226 of 228, by RetroGamer4Ever

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's my understanding that EAX 1.0 was A+B and EAX 2.0 was A+B+C+D+E, so EAX 1.0 functionality should be covered by converting EAX 2.0 anyway, since it already incorporates the EAX 1.0 calls from being built upon EAX 1.0's spec.