What do you drive?

Topic actions

Reply 640 of 918, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Meatball wrote on 2022-03-11, 16:48:

Let me know where this magical land free of being "fueled by dinosaur juice mainly imported from places with militaristic asshole regimes.." is located. I'll join you in moving there.

Let's not bother Mr. Strawman, shall we? I wrote about driving to the gym in two tons of overprized scrap, not the perfect world.

But you're aware that Europe's biggest production facility for non-dinosaur cars opened just outside this city, a few days ago?

I like jumpers.

Reply 643 of 918, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Shagittarius wrote on 2022-03-11, 18:42:

What's right for Germany is not necessarily right for anywhere else.

i think in lots of countries you might have to escape from invading army apart from islands like iceland, australia, america, etc.
unless of course they make a tunnel there like Crimea or UK

Reply 644 of 918, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

And the electric car was before the Otto motor. 😀
https://incharge.vattenfall.de/en/knowledge-h … started-in-1832

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 645 of 918, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
robertmo wrote on 2022-03-11, 17:32:

dinosaur car was silent, needed no gears and had max torque all the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUg_ukBwsyo

Now that’s cool.

Silence and torque of a EV nice!

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 646 of 918, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And what is right for Germany? You tell us, please.
How did you mind even get there? You are aware that both the oil and the automotive industry ceased giving a solitary fuck about nationalities a very long time ago?

Also oil isn't made from Dinos.

Seriously? It's called a mental image, dear.

I like jumpers.

Reply 647 of 918, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jo22 wrote on 2022-03-11, 19:25:

And the electric car was before the Otto motor. 😀
https://incharge.vattenfall.de/en/knowledge-h … started-in-1832

edit: Yes. You are right.

Last edited by Cuttoon on 2022-03-11, 20:42. Edited 1 time in total.

I like jumpers.

Reply 648 of 918, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote on 2022-03-11, 19:25:

i think in lots of countries you might have to escape from invading army apart from islands like iceland, australia, america, etc.
unless of course they make a tunnel there like Crimea or UK

So, that is what the almighty fuck he was going at?!?
Picked up a little English along the way but apparently, I've yet to learn basic American...

I like jumpers.

Reply 649 of 918, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Americans escape from hurricanes in the south/east, tornados in center, earthquakes in west, yellowstone in north/west, fires in south, army invasions not needed, new york hurricane is possible too. nowere is safe.

Last edited by robertmo on 2022-03-11, 20:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 650 of 918, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote on 2022-03-11, 20:43:

Americans escape from hurricanes in the south/east, tornados in center, earthquakes in west, yellowstone in north/west, army invasions not needed, new york hurricane is possible too. nowere is safe.

Still not quite getting the connection but I am known to be a little thick.

Don't forget Manbearpig!

I like jumpers.

Reply 652 of 918, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-11, 20:03:
And what is right for Germany? You tell us, please. How did you mind even get there? You are aware that both the oil and the aut […]
Show full quote

How did you mind even get there? You are aware that both the oil and the automotive industry ceased giving a solitary fuck about nationalities a very long time ago?

I'm going to report you if you remain aggressive towards me, I don't care what is right for Germany that's why I didn't offer that information so quit trying to steer it that way as if I did. As for the rest of your comment I don't even understand what you are talking about.

Reply 653 of 918, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote on 2022-03-11, 20:47:

pausing tornado for the time of charging is not an option (provided the air grid still works)

The floods in Juli and storms last months killed some 150 people here - most of them in their cars.
So maybe it's just better to seek shelter, not matter the propulsion system? 😉

I like jumpers.

Reply 654 of 918, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shagittarius wrote on 2022-03-11, 20:50:
And what is right for Germany? You tell us, please. How did you mind even get there? You are aware that both the oil and the aut […]
Show full quote

I'm going to report you if you remain aggressive towards me, I don't care what is right for Germany that's why I didn't offer that information so quit trying to steer it that way as if I did. As for the rest of your comment I don't even understand what you are talking about.

Sorry if I've offended you. I just didn't understand whatever it was in the whole subject that had any bearing on nationality. Was just flabberghasted there. Let's agree to disagree and call it a day. Cheers!

I like jumpers.

Reply 655 of 918, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-11, 20:55:
Shagittarius wrote on 2022-03-11, 20:50:

Sorry if I've offended you. I just didn't understand whatever it was in the whole subject that had any bearing on nationality. Was just flabberghasted there. Let's agree to disagree and call it a day. Cheers!

Hey thanks for taking it down a notch. I brought up that topic because you were quoting adoption numbers of EVs for various countries and I just wanted to say like others after me did that there is no wrong and right it depends on the usage and the need in the location. That is all I was saying.

Reply 656 of 918, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shagittarius wrote on 2022-03-11, 20:57:

I brought up that topic because you were quoting adoption numbers of EVs for various countries and I just wanted to say like others after me did that there is no wrong and right it depends on the usage and the need in the location. That is all I was saying.

Ah, now I get it. Right, I wrote about the implications of 10 % adoption rate, ok.
Wasn't even thinking of Germany, just meant to throw in that number as being quite something already. I've no idea what the rate is here. I don't own or need a car.
My fellow countrymen sure do love their oil furnaces dearly.
I thought it was mainly Americans who won't buy our wundervoll Mercedes, Audi or Volkswagen diesels anymore and go for a Tesla in the mid to full size sedan slice.
Turns out, that is somewhat of an issue over here and well, the whole Uncle Vlad issue now gave it a whole new spin...

I like jumpers.

Reply 658 of 918, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Americans aren't or may not be buying diesels regardless of make probably because it doesn't seem to be economical as.it used to be. Diesel costs more then gasoline these days. And, correct me if I'm wrong, diesel in Europe and probably everywhere else in tne world has that extra level of refinement, resulting in a significant increase in mileage over gas. Not so much here in the US.

How many tens or hundreds of million of gallons of oil are pumped out of the earth worldwide everyday? Is is somehow still rational to suggest we had enough dinosaurs walking the earth to supply all that? Whatever, what do I know.

Reply 659 of 918, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yah, they switched to charging by relative BTU or something, meaning diesel started costing 30% more here for motor fuel. So miles per dollar is about constant between available diesels like Jetta/Golf and equivalent gas cars (which actually isn't Jetta/Golf, because they have turbos and V6es here not the smaller gas motors) ... there has been a minor gap due to higher thermodynamic efficiency of diesels but that's closed up with GDI engines and variable timing etc.

All I've wanted for years here though is to buy an Automatic Diesel Synchro Wagon ... from VW or equivalent 3 series or 190 series... used, so ordering direct from factory is out. I can drive stick, but wifey can't. Besides, they make autos stronger than sticks these days for non-performance vehicles... well that depends really, some autos are a bit fragile. Then most people's small wagons suck now, Prius V don't look so bad any more.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.