VOGONS

First post, by GrampaGotTheKeys

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can anyone recommend a place to find hardware outside of ebay?

Last edited by Dominus on 2022-03-20, 16:19. Edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Asking for a sale

Reply 2 of 10, by GrampaGotTheKeys

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Doornkaat wrote on 2022-03-20, 15:57:

No sales/trades are allowed here: VOGONS is no marketplace!

Ah rats, Vogons feels like a great place to have its own swap/sale area, can anyone suggest other places to look that aren't Ebay?
(I guess one loophole would be to ask if anyone has a case they could "donate")
Perhaps any facebook groups out there that are any good?

Reply 3 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

the only one I know of is Amibay. Please do not ask for "donation". We have this rule here for a reason and it's not supposed to be circumvented.
Fixed your first post accordingly.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 10, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
GrampaGotTheKeys wrote on 2022-03-20, 16:07:
Ah rats, Vogons feels like a great place to have its own swap/sale area, can anyone suggest other places to look that aren't Eba […]
Show full quote
Doornkaat wrote on 2022-03-20, 15:57:

No sales/trades are allowed here: VOGONS is no marketplace!

Ah rats, Vogons feels like a great place to have its own swap/sale area, can anyone suggest other places to look that aren't Ebay?
(I guess one loophole would be to ask if anyone has a case they could "donate")
Perhaps any facebook groups out there that are any good?

If you can't find one new that you like, you will have to find one second hand.
Just last week I got 2 full ATX systems of which one I basically got at least partially because it was build into an ATX case that I like 😜
This was in a thrift store, but your options may vary depending on your location.

Sales are forbidden on Vogons, we've had our share of troubles with it so it was decided to ban it completely (it caused all kinds of drama which tended to get out of hand. In part because it tends to attract unwanted attention).

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 5 of 10, by waterbeesje

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here in the Netherlands We have Marktplaats.nl
It's likely people may not always be pleased to communicate in English and shipping abroad (or at least further than Belgium or Germany)
Besides that there are people around here who go for new cases like those at Evercase.co.uk

Stuck at 10MHz...

Reply 6 of 10, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not too long ago (Fall 2021), there were quite a few NOS white micro-ATX cases for sale on eBay for only $40 and free shipping. They aren't there any longer, but I bought one for my Cyrix MediaGXm build. They were called IN WIN IW-V508TX.FU2D

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 7 of 10, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah In-Win makes some good cases. Their Z583 and Z589 are good micro ATX that comes in White/black/silver and black variants and look somewhat vintage for a new case but they are not cheap 😀
And near impossible to find in anything not black....https://www.in-win.com/en/computer-chassis/list/29/APAC

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 9 of 10, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
feipoa wrote on 2022-03-21, 23:04:

Black cases have always been a non-starter for me, unless its for your mechanic garage.

I actually like some of the black cases. I dislike black interiors though and especially things like black cable plugs (from SATA or PSU etc) because it's harder to work with unless you have a LOT of light available in your mancave P

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 10 of 10, by GrampaGotTheKeys

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I ended up getting one off a good seller on Ebay called tau_cety who was open to offers.

More than happy with the condition of the case, needs minimal cleaning, not bothered about retrobrighting personally, will hopefully have this posted in the build section soon!

Attachments