VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 41 of 262, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If that was intended to get under my skin, congratulations it worked. The nerve. It's ok I have my Happy Days dvd set for comfort, which includes the rare Joannie Loves Chachie bonus dvd.

Reply 42 of 262, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just wrapped up the Expanse, the last season was unsatisfactory for me much like GOT.

Started on Longmire, like the Wyoming/Montana backdrop with this series.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 43 of 262, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

At the moment, I'm rewatching Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. Haven't seen that one since my college days. Prior to that, I was rewatching Stargate SG1 and Atlantis.

Modern shows rarely interest me. I'd rather rewatch the good old stuff from my youth.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 44 of 262, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
chris2021 wrote on 2022-04-05, 02:00:

If that was intended to get under my skin, congratulations it worked. The nerve. It's ok I have my Happy Days dvd set for comfort, which includes the rare Joannie Loves Chachie bonus dvd.

Any plans to branch out to Mork and Mindy ? 😉

A little while back, my wife and I binge-watched Murder, she wrote.

Reply 45 of 262, by RaiderOfLostVoodoo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-31, 09:16:

Mate, however obvious in hindsight, don't state any facts. Let people find out on their own!

Little spoilers can often awaken interest in a series. The clone dynasty gets introduced in the first few minutes, so that's not a big spoiler.
And by the way: The old fuck is no longer called Brother Dusk, when the baby gets born. He becomes Brother Darkness.

buckeye wrote on 2022-04-05, 14:46:

Just wrapped up the Expanse, the last season was unsatisfactory for me much like GOT.

It's not the last season. It's the last season FOR NOW.

"Assuming The Expanse season 5 covers Nemesis Games and season 6 adapts Babylon's Ashes, the story then jumps 30 years into the future for its next installment. Effectively, this means The Expanse season 7 would have to age its central characters by a full three decades in order to keep true to the books."

Reply 46 of 262, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
darry wrote on 2022-04-05, 15:59:

A little while back, my wife and I binge-watched Murder, she wrote.

Everybody talks about crossovers like Arrow/Flash and Spiderlatestbrat/Marvel but nobody recalls the greats like MSW and Magnum crossover.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 47 of 262, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I used to love Sherlock Holmes. Jeremy Brett was a marvel in that role. Whether or not he was the quintessential SH I don't know, I just feel he brought considerable life to the role. Like Peter Capaldi as Dr. Who. Can't get enough of him.

Reply 48 of 262, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wife is making me watch Modern Love and it makes me want to take my own life with a blunt spoon..

BitWrangler wrote on 2022-04-05, 17:06:

Everybody talks about crossovers like Arrow/Flash and Spiderlatestbrat/Marvel but nobody recalls the greats like MSW and Magnum crossover.

I watched a few episodes of Magnum PI as a teen in the 90s and never 'got it', always felt like a very mediocre investigative show to me. I should rewatch it as an adult I think.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 49 of 262, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote on 2022-04-06, 14:11:

Wife is making me watch Modern Love and it makes me want to take my own life with a blunt spoon..

BitWrangler wrote on 2022-04-05, 17:06:

I watched a few episodes of Magnum PI as a teen in the 90s and never 'got it', always felt like a very mediocre investigative show to me. I should rewatch it as an adult I think.

Chick flicks: 'fraid so.
Though I found parts of season 1 of "Bridgerton" somewhat entertaining.
For whatever reason.

Please count me out of the "Arrow/Flash" talking crowd.
The features might be mildly entertaining but why are there all those TV series about superhero nonsense? "Wanda vision" would have made a great 15 minute Youtube skit, but... erm...
I'd rather rewatch the whole Blackadder. Plus all the specials.

I try to respect the 80s classics like Manum, but I guess they've reached me too late.

I like jumpers.

Reply 50 of 262, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Interesting you bring up Blackadder, was going through my collection in Plex and couldn't remember watching the Blackadder Christmas carol so watched that last weekend.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 51 of 262, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Arrow / Flash was good for a couple seasons and then went on well past the expiration date

It was the same way with the original Supernatural series before it just kept going on forever

I didn’t mind Grimm or Emerald City and don’t think it was given enough of a chance (should have lept into streaming only)

Oddly I liked
agents of shield
But outside Doom Squad and a few distant others cape crap is just too abundant these days.

It feels like we have too many series, those that gain traction last too long and a few aren’t given enough of a chance

And Bridgerton to me is sort of stupid, couldn’t get into it.

Last edited by rmay635703 on 2022-04-06, 18:04. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 53 of 262, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rmay635703 wrote on 2022-04-06, 17:30:
Arrow / Flash was good for a couple seasons and then went on well past the expiration date […]
Show full quote

Arrow / Flash was good for a couple seasons and then went on well past the expiration date

It was the same way with the original Supernatural series before it just kept going on forever

I didn’t mind Grimm or Emerald City and don’t think it was given enough of a chance (should have lept into streaming only)

Oddly I liked
agents of shield
But outside Doom Squad and a few distant others cape crap is just too abundant these days.

It feels like we have too many series, those that gain traction last too long and a few aren’t given enough of a chance

And Bridgerton to me is sort of stupid, couldn’t get into it.

I agree about Flash/Arrow/Supernatural.

I watched a couple of Grimm episodes but I couldn't get hooked up on it.

Agents of Shield is very good and Legends of Tomorrow too.

I haven't watched the other mentioned shows.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 54 of 262, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I grow well and truly weary of all of the super hero crap that's out there but The Tick was awesome and The Boys not bad too. We're currently watching Snowpiercer season 3 here and that's been pretty solid - love that Sean Bean.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 55 of 262, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmojo wrote on 2022-04-06, 21:34:

I grow well and truly weary of all of the super hero crap that's out there but The Tick was awesome and The Boys not bad too. We're currently watching Snowpiercer season 3 here and that's been pretty solid - love that Sean Bean.

Sean Bean? Is he still alive?
Classic Bean: Sharpe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpe_(TV_series)
Later episodes felt a bit slow but I enjoyed them all.

I like jumpers.

Reply 56 of 262, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've been having a zero energy few days, so watched Clarkson's Farm which was quite enjoyable and interesting.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 57 of 262, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-04-06, 21:50:
Sean Bean? Is he still alive? Classic Bean: Sharpe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpe_(TV_series) Later episodes felt a bit sl […]
Show full quote

I remember that show, but I would have swore it was called Sharpe's Rifles or something.. Good watch. Yeah Bean was the quintessential Irish prickly person 🤣.

Reply 58 of 262, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chris2021 wrote on 2022-04-06, 23:23:
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-04-06, 21:50:
Sean Bean? Is he still alive? Classic Bean: Sharpe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpe_(TV_series) Later episodes felt a bit sl […]
Show full quote

I remember that show, but I would have swore it was called Sharpe's Rifles or something.. Good watch. Yeah Bean was the quintessential Irish prickly person 🤣.

I thought the same. But merely the band of sharpshooters and the first episode were called "Sharpe's Rifles".

He's not Irish, mind you. He's from Sheffield, Yorkshire.

Think I remember an interview where he explains Ned Stark's accent.
They asked him in the casting something to the effect of "Is that you real accent?"
- "Aay."
"And can you do any other accent?"
-"Naaaa".

Although he might actually have mastered a half decent Irish accent as IRA terrorist Miller in "Patriot Games".

I like jumpers.