Topic actions

Reply 160 of 254, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Speed Busters GOG version
Problem:
Crashes a lot while playing making it impossible to finish even a whole lap on any track.
Tried dgvoodoo2 ,singleprocaffinity and disabling VPN service (which causes access violations crashes on MTM2) but no changes. Anyone else experiencing this? The original game was already as buggy as hell, no wonder why even GOG wasn't able to fix it 100%.

Reply 161 of 254, by Schoenfeld Chris

User metadata

Sorry little bit Offtopic.

Athlon 5000+
2x 6000+
Pentium E5400
Core To Duo E7300 und E7500
FX 4100
2 Ersatz Bundle, Ersatz Ram für jedes System
Karten insgesammt: Custom Designs 6x ATI 6670, 2x 5870, 3x Nvidia 8800GT
NEC Multisync LCD 1760NX, 2x 1970NX. Fujitsu Siemens Szenic View P 19-2, Dell Ultrasharp 1908FP
4x Saitek P1500 und PS 2700
XP 32Bit, Vista 64Bit, Win7 32Bit

International Rally Championship, Mobil 1 Rally Championship
Grand Prix Legends ( Standard )
Swedish Touring Car Championship 1 und 2
Michelin Rally Masters Race Of Champions, V8 Challenge
Grand Prix 3 und 2000 Season, Grand Prix 4
Superbike World Championship, Superbike 2000 und 2001
Mercedes Benz Truck Racing
Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2, F1 Racing Championship
Le Mans 24 Hours 2000
Käfer Total
Williams F1 Team Driver
F1 2002, F1 Challenge 99-02
Extreme 500
GP 500
Colin 1,2,3, Toca Race Driver

On win10 AMD Laptop a beginning with

Eragon

MS-Tech PC Terminator LS 15 Gamepad

Last edited by Schoenfeld Chris on 2022-01-08, 17:53. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 162 of 254, by Schoenfeld Chris

User metadata
filipetolhuizen wrote on 2021-11-30, 03:12:
Speed Busters GOG version Problem: Crashes a lot while playing making it impossible to finish even a whole lap on any track. OS: […]
Show full quote

Speed Busters GOG version
Problem:
Crashes a lot while playing making it impossible to finish even a whole lap on any track.
Tried dgvoodoo2 ,singleprocaffinity and disabling VPN service (which causes access violations crashes on MTM2) but no changes. Anyone else experiencing this? The original game was already as buggy as hell, no wonder why even GOG wasn't able to fix it 100%.

This Game work Perfekt on my Hardware

Reply 163 of 254, by Bubu2000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You can add a few older Golf simulations to the list.

Microsoft Golf 1998
Microsoft Golf 1999
Microsoft Golf 2001

Links LS 1999
Links Extreme
Links LS 2000
Links LS Classic
Links 2001

I tried them all, they're completely unplayable with any DDraw wrapper out there. Some are even freezing my whole system.

Reply 169 of 254, by Harry_Grunge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here are a few Games I've had problems with on Windows 10:

Hot Rod: Garage To Glory: Mouse Issue, Trackpad works but not a regular mouse. (Only had this on my current Laptop)

NHRA Pro Stock Drag Racing aka Pro Stock Cars and Trucks: Game Crashes after completing a Race Event.

ABC Sports Indy Racing: Crashes When Trying To Race a second time.

Reply 170 of 254, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Harry_Grunge wrote on 2022-02-11, 17:02:
Here are a few Games I've had problems with on Windows 10: […]
Show full quote

Here are a few Games I've had problems with on Windows 10:

Hot Rod: Garage To Glory: Mouse Issue, Trackpad works but not a regular mouse. (Only had this on my current Laptop)

NHRA Pro Stock Drag Racing aka Pro Stock Cars and Trucks: Game Crashes after completing a Race Event.

ABC Sports Indy Racing: Crashes When Trying To Race a second time.

If you have MS ACT 5.x or 6.x installed, try my fix for ABC Indy. You'll have to run on windowed mode, but it'll look like it's running at fullscreen. You may have to go through gfx options before starting a new race to enable bilinear filtering properly.
Basically, my fix is just to force 640x480x16 mode for the game. This way the game won't be changing screen modes all the time, and won't crash. It won't work properly when running it in fullscreen because when you end the first race, it'll change back to your desktop resolution while entering the menus for the second time. I also added a 2GB memory limit for the game which fixes the low disk space warning message as well.

Attachments

• Filename
    Indy.rar
    File size
    603 Bytes
    Downloads
    71 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 171 of 254, by CDrayan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'd already posted how to get Oregon Trail II to run on Windows 11. Everything works, except for the river-crossing videos (the MECC logo and intro play just fine). Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego has a similar issue where the Chief's movies don't show the video (the audio plays okay).

Both games use QuickTime 2.1 specifically; later versions won't work. It seems to a compatibility issue with Windows XP onward.

Reply 172 of 254, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CDrayan wrote on 2022-04-24, 19:47:

I'd already posted how to get Oregon Trail II to run on Windows 11. Everything works, except for the river-crossing videos (the MECC logo and intro play just fine). Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego has a similar issue where the Chief's movies don't show the video (the audio plays okay).

Both games use QuickTime 2.1 specifically; later versions won't work. It seems to a compatibility issue with Windows XP onward.

I remember POP3D had issues with QT, but got fixed by a QT reinstall of the latest version and using DDrawCompat/DxWnd

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 173 of 254, by CDrayan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-04-24, 20:46:

I remember POP3D had issues with QT, but got fixed by a QT reinstall of the latest version and using DDrawCompat/DxWnd

Oregon Trail II and Carmen USA don't use DirectDraw or DirectX, so I don't think that will work.

Reply 174 of 254, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CDrayan wrote on 2022-04-24, 21:26:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-04-24, 20:46:

Oregon Trail II and Carmen USA don't use DirectDraw or DirectX, so I don't think that will work.

I installed OT2 and the QT installer is somewhat problematic. Since it's a 16-bit program, it requires OTVDM but the worst part is it installs to the OTVDM directory. Now I need to find a way to differentiate the files which were supposed to go to WINDOWS directory.

Reply 175 of 254, by CDrayan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There is a 32-bit version of the QuickTime installer on the CD, QT32INST.EXE. Try that one. Just make sure to set compatibility to Windows 98.

Also, I found some source header files in DATA/QTW/INCLUDE. Wonder if they can help in making an XP fix for QuickTime 2.1...

Reply 176 of 254, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CDrayan wrote on 2022-04-25, 12:26:

There is a 32-bit version of the QuickTime installer on the CD, QT32INST.EXE. Try that one. Just make sure to set compatibility to Windows 98.

Also, I found some source header files in DATA/QTW/INCLUDE. Wonder if they can help in making an XP fix for QuickTime 2.1...

Ok I was able to get the first intro to work. Can you tell where I can get the river crossing scene, so that I come to the problematic video?
And if possible, can you tell which are the video files used in river crossing scene?

Edit: Could you help with a few tips on how to play the game?

Reply 177 of 254, by CDrayan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-04-25, 16:58:
Ok I was able to get the first intro to work. Can you tell where I can get the river crossing scene, so that I come to the probl […]
Show full quote

Ok I was able to get the first intro to work. Can you tell where I can get the river crossing scene, so that I come to the problematic video?
And if possible, can you tell which are the video files used in river crossing scene?

The videos are all in DATA/MOVIES. The river crossing videos are in the 4xxx range.

To start quickly and test crossing the river, just press the Quick Start button. It will start you out all ready to travel the trail.

Reply 178 of 254, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CDrayan wrote on 2022-04-26, 00:00:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-04-25, 16:58:
Ok I was able to get the first intro to work. Can you tell where I can get the river crossing scene, so that I come to the probl […]
Show full quote

The videos are all in DATA/MOVIES. The river crossing videos are in the 4xxx range.

To start quickly and test crossing the river, just press the Quick Start button. It will start you out all ready to travel the trail.

Ok so I am supposed to check if the videos run before I go to the scene of Blue River or Missouri River or... And the video doesn't play here. Neither can DxWnd hook this part. This will be difficult but let's see.

Reply 179 of 254, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@CDRayan It seems using the Windows 95 compatibility mode fixes the issue of the videos. Now I have to find out what thing in Windows 95 compatibility mode does it and we are good.

Attachments