VOGONS

First post, by SnakePlissken

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi
I'm having problems with dgvoodoo2 it keeps crashing my games. I use it for older games that don't support high resolutions and to also convert dx9 games to dx11 so they can use windows 11 auto hdr feature. It was working perfectly a few months ago and even played through some games at 8k resolution downsampled. I deleted it and redownloaded it recently now its crashing all my games. Also the watermark wont go away for some reason which wasn't a problem before. I've disabled it and checked the configuration file and it says false and that it's off. I'm trying resident evil 1 remake now which worked perfectly before. Its somewhat working as it comes up with the dgvoodoo watermark and windows says auto hdr is enabled which means its converted it to dx11 but the game just crashes when I load. This worked perfectly a few months back at 8k resolution. I've tried changing all settings and disabled resolution but it still crashing and says memory overrun. I tested other games and they say the same thing. I also tried an earlier version of dgvoodoo but that's the same. I'm using a 3080ti gpu if that helps. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Reply 2 of 7, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You should try the debug version to see if there is something error in the dgvoodoo output log (see the pertinent pinned topic).

Also the watermark wont go away for some reason which wasn't a problem before.

Sounds as if you weren't editing the config file that is read for the game(s) in question and the real one has a low videomemory limit set, or sg like that.
Again, those are reported in the log.

Reply 3 of 7, by SnakePlissken

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure how the debug works. I downloaded the debug version and same thing happened and it doesn't say anything? As for the watermark , there's only one configuration file so where would another one be that's been read by the game? The config file I have in dgvoodoo says watermark is set to false.

Reply 4 of 7, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You have to run DebugView++ in the background and you'll see the debug output in that.

See: Spec Release dgVoodoo version (with Debug Layer)

Btw, aren't you by any chance using a dgVoodoo CPL that's newer version than the dgVoodoo dll files? Because that won't work and the dll's fall back to the default config in such a case.

Reply 5 of 7, by SnakePlissken

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No I'm making sure to delete the dlls from the game and I'm using the ones that come with the download. I'm using the latest version but also tried a previous version with the same results. I'll try the debug version and take a screenshot so hopefully than can give me an idea of what's wrong.

Reply 7 of 7, by SnakePlissken

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using fulscreen. Like I said it worked perfectly before a few months back. The watermark wasn't there and all games worked fine on it. Currently trying resi 1 remake which doesn't support above 1080p resolution. A few months back I had it running on dgvoodoo 2 at 8k resolution now it won't work and just gives me an error saying memory leak. Even if I don't change resolution it still crashes.