VOGONS

First post, by moknok

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I put ie6 on my win98se and can't play an old shockwave game I downloaded via html files it was about 4mb. I have the dcr file as well. It's a Halloween point and click with effects.

If anyone can tell me how to get the dcr to open on this 98se machine or play it though ie6 with shockwave plugin or standalone player please post.

I can't even find shockwave plugin for win98se or how to install

| WIN98SE non OEM | PII MMX | 350Mhz | 384RAM | Voodoo3 2000 PCI | DX7 | 126GB+ | Yamaha DS-XG Sound |

Reply 1 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi there, good evening!

I *think* I've got an older version of both Shockwave and Flash that works on Win9x/IE6.
Maybe needs KernelEx. I'll have to check.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 2 of 5, by moknok

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the shockwave html files saved from way back machine. Luckily It still has them.

I now need a way to use win98se and ie6 or a shockwave player ie6 plugin to play it

Any one have steps to get this working? I mean shockwave should have been big back then.

| WIN98SE non OEM | PII MMX | 350Mhz | 384RAM | Voodoo3 2000 PCI | DX7 | 126GB+ | Yamaha DS-XG Sound |

Reply 3 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

PM sent.

In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 5 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm glad it works and that I could help! ^^

//My video channel//