VOGONS

First post, by Bonerbrat69

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey there! New to Vogons and am having an issue running Duke Caribbean on Dosbox, though my problem doesn’t appear elsewhere. I’ve installed Duke Atomic and Caribbean both through Dosbox, and when I try and run Gamer.exe I get an error message reading “error 001: gamer.ini not properly formatted for use with GAMER” then says please consult the readme.txt

Any help is greatly appreciated

Reply 1 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Please do not „necropost“, meaning don‘t post in very old threads and don‘t post in topics with only slight revelance to the original post (your problem is a different one). In both cases it’s better to open a new thread.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 7, by zirkoni

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, this is what's in my gamer.ini when no add-on is activated (I didn't include the comment lines that start with "//"):

DUKE NUKEM 3D ATOMIC
DUKE3DPP
NONE
C:\DUKE3D\
Duke Nukem 3D ATOMIC!
DUKE3D15
NONE

And this is what I have when Caribbean is activated:

DUKE NUKEM 3D ATOMIC
DUKE3DPP
NONE
Duke Nukem 3D ATOMIC!
DUKE3D15
DUKE CARIBBEAN: LIFE'S A BEACH

https://youtube.com/@zirkoni42

Reply 3 of 7, by Bonerbrat69

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I apologize for “necro posting”.

It appears I’ve figured out my problem, which stems from mounting a C drive through Dosbox that contained the folder created for installation of Duke3d ie: I did “mount c c:\games\duke3d”. This, when I installed both Duke Atomic and Duke Carib they were being installed into “C”

Now I’ve run into the 002 error which I believe I should be able to troubleshoot

Reply 4 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Great! Yes, the mounting has to be kept always the same and most of the times it is better not to mount the game folder as C but the folder „above“

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 7, by Bonerbrat69

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I seem to be running into the 002 and 003 errors now. I attempted to download the Caribfix patch while reinstalling both games to have a clean slate, but still no luck. Sorry to switch gears to the now previously reported problem, I’m not sure what I’m doing differently that others seem to have sorted out. I have Dosbox .74-3, using a Duke Atomic Cd v 1.5 and my copy of Duke Carib with gamer 1.01

Reply 6 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Ah, try an SVN build of DOSBox