First post, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

as in topic

5DDS7yN.jpg

hlIZ09h.jpg

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300

Reply 2 of 15, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Trident permedia P2V perhaps? BIOS logo looks a bit like Trident.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 3 of 15, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
twood1130 wrote:

How about a picture of the whole card?

Either way, the heatsink looks similar to ones I've seen on matrox cards.

Right click --> Show image 😀

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 4 of 15, by Jepael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bios chip logo is Holtek, it made the rom chip.

FCC ID is FQIP2AGP, model is P2AGP Rev B, sticker on the back says AGPP2V-8M.

Maybe something else about it (like BIOS texts, PCI ID) will be revealed when put into a PC.

Reply 5 of 15, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jepael wrote:

Bios chip logo is Holtek, it made the rom chip.

FCC ID is FQIP2AGP, model is P2AGP Rev B, sticker on the back says AGPP2V-8M.

Maybe something else about it (like BIOS texts, PCI ID) will be revealed when put into a PC.

Also FCCID shows a date of February 1998. I would put it in a system and run speedsys. It usually does a good job of identifying VGA chips.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 8 of 15, by ElementalChaos

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sprcorreia wrote:

I bet the card uses a 3DLabs Permedia 2 chip. It's very similar to other cards, use of SGRAM...
Joytech Apollo 3000

You may be right. My first thought looking at this card was "Permedia 2" due to the chip/heatsink surrounded by a white square on the PCB, but I figured it was a lucky guess.

Pluto, the maxed out Dell Dimension 4100: Pentium III 1400S | 256MB | GeForce4 Ti4200 + Voodoo4 4500 | SB Live! 5.1
Charon, the DOS and early Windows time machine: K6-III+ 600 | 256MB | TNT2 Ultra + Voodoo3 2000 | Audician 32 Plus

Reply 9 of 15, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hmm..it might be 3DLabs Permedia 2, looks like. Today I have a chance to try it on motherboard. If this is 3DLabs Permedia 2, then. What special about it? Is it workstation card? Doesn't seems to be common to me

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300

Reply 10 of 15, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think it's an Apollo Media II from Joytech. There is a 3D Labs Permedia2 chip under the heatsink.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 11 of 15, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
debs3759 wrote:

I think it's an Apollo Media II from Joytech. There is a 3D Labs Permedia2 chip under the heatsink.

I couldn't find any pictures online related to your description.
Could you find that card you consider?
However I'm uploading post screen with the card

YmL45Pv.jpg

Yes, it has 3Dlabs Permedia 2 with and 8 MB SGRAM

5xv2YSm.png

Reply 12 of 15, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

so this is CAD card right?

5xv2YSm.png

Reply 13 of 15, by scorp

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys, does anyone still has this card? I need to identify the U12 IC. On my card there is 51A marking on it, which doesn't give me any result. On the picture above there seem to be something else written on the chip. but the resolution of the image is not good enough to tell, what it is.

My Youtube channel Necroware

Reply 14 of 15, by snufkin

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In case there's no one that has the card then if I squint a bit I can almost convince myself that it's an LP2951 adjustable regulator, possibly from Alpha semiconductor (there are lots of manufacturers of LP2951s). If you post a photo showing the area (good enough to see the resistor values) then it might be possible to check if it the layout fits with it being a regulator.

Reply 15 of 15, by scorp

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes, that has to be it. If I compare the circuit around it, there is cleary resistor divider and most of the pins would fit, but ERROR, Vtap, SENCE and SHUTDOWN seem not to be connected. However those pins are may be optional.... I have to check out the datasheet once again.

My Youtube channel Necroware