Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by Con 2 botones

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RetroPC_King wrote on 2022-06-16, 15:04:
Con 2 botones wrote on 2022-06-16, 15:00:
PcBytes wrote on 2022-06-16, 13:52:

As OP said, A7N8X-E Deluxe could be a choice, but I'd highly recommend either a Epox EP-8RDA3I, 8RDA6 Pro (if you want additional stuff like SATA and RAID), or a MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR.

The reason I listed those three is because they all have 12v plugs, while the A7N8X-E is a very very 5v heavy board - they didn't even bother adding a 12v plug to slightly offload the CPU power.
Just for the record, I'm not saying A7N8X-E Deluxe is a bad board, but the lack of a 12v plug seems very alarming to me, so I would personally have a nF2 board with a 12v plug to offload some of the CPU power output.

Well, yes, that has been what made my search difficult. I want it to have it all: 400mhz Bus support, dual channel, S-ATA and the 12V plug. Not easy to find them for the right price.
Last year I bought one matching my requirements (MS-6570E, K7N2 Delta2) from eBay, turns on but...it doesn´t post. 😐

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe is good, but does not have 12v plug, so it needs a 5V Heavy PSU. Also mine is stable.

Sad for that MSI board that did not POST. Check caps please. If caps are bad, recap it. I Struggle to recap my GIGABYTE GA-7DXE because it is a rare board and suddenly stopped powering up.

Well, caps look ok, but yes, they could be not ok:
Help with MSI KN72 DELTA 2 !

It seems this is a not an uncommon issue with this model.

Reply 21 of 24, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Reflash the BIOS chip externally for the K7N2. Mine suffered from the same issue and a hotflash (since I don't have a PLCC32 flasher) on a Jetway N2PAP-Lite fixed it.

"Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door..."
Main PC: i5 3470, GB B75M-D3H, 16GB RAM, 2x1TB
98SE : P3 650, Soyo SY-6BA+IV, 384MB RAM, 80GB

Reply 22 of 24, by RetroPC_King

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PcBytes wrote on 2022-06-16, 18:52:

Reflash the BIOS chip externally for the K7N2. Mine suffered from the same issue and a hotflash (since I don't have a PLCC32 flasher) on a Jetway N2PAP-Lite fixed it.

This solution is HOTFLASH. I have also a EEPROM burner, so for me corrupted BIOS is not a nightmare.

Reply 23 of 24, by BLockOUT

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As OP said, A7N8X-E Deluxe could be a choice, but I'd highly recommend either a Epox EP-8RDA3I, 8RDA6 Pro (if you want additional stuff like SATA and RAID), or a MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR.

The reason I listed those three is because they all have 12v plugs, while the A7N8X-E is a very very 5v heavy board - they didn't even bother adding a 12v plug to slightly offload the CPU power.
Just for the record, I'm not saying A7N8X-E Deluxe is a bad board, but the lack of a 12v plug seems very alarming to me, so I would personally have a nF2 board with a 12v plug to offload some of the CPU power output.

i second this
the MSI one even has a PLATINUM version all black PCB with p4 connector, beautiful board To show it with a side window pc case.

Sadly my heart wants the asus one because its the one i had when i was young and spent so many nights playing Counterstrike 1.6 , asus did those ugly brown color pcbs back in the day

Reply 24 of 24, by RetroPC_King

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BLockOUT wrote on 2022-06-22, 01:28:
i second this the MSI one even has a PLATINUM version all black PCB with p4 connector, beautiful board To show it with a side wi […]
Show full quote

i second this
the MSI one even has a PLATINUM version all black PCB with p4 connector, beautiful board To show it with a side window pc case.

Sadly my heart wants the asus one because its the one i had when i was young and spent so many nights playing Counterstrike 1.6 , asus did those ugly brown color pcbs back in the day

That brownish-yellow PCBs are the ASUS most common, even in value ones. What ASUS A7N8X you had? The A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 or the A7N8X-E Deluxe? I have both and they are good.