VOGONS

AWE64 Legacy

Topic actions

Reply 660 of 782, by Dr.Yak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
hard1k wrote on 2022-06-22, 10:50:

The project is 99% ready, we're still drafting the manual, and hope to launch sales as soon as possible.

..., and there was much rejoicing. (yaaayyaayayaaayaaay!)

ola.gif

Reply 662 of 782, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
hard1k wrote on 2022-06-22, 10:50:

The project is 99% ready, we're still drafting the manual, and hope to launch sales as soon as possible.

Thank you for replying. I hope that you and everyone else are doing okay, what with everything going on. I live in the U.S. and I hope to be able to buy one, somehow. Though either way, I hope things remain good and safe for you.

Reply 664 of 782, by Ulfenknulfen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Me too 😉

best regards
Paddy

🎵 Waveblaster Adaptor for IDE-HDD Swap Frames
🎧 Beepblaster 1.0 Wavetable Module
🎶 Roland MT-32 Buffer overflow Hardware Fix
🕹️🖱️USB HID Devices on PS/2 and Gameport.

Reply 666 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

START OF SALES

DISCLAIMERS:
1. PLEASE use the switches with extreme precaution. They tend to break off. Hold-down the DIP-switch with second finger or use a toothpick or tweezers to switch it. Always take the soundcard out of your PC when you want to change switch settings.
2. It is a manually assembled product using both new/NOS and used components as well as Chinese PCBs. Do not expect IDEAL looks.
3. Sold AS IS. No returns, no warranty. All cards have been tested and confirmed as fully working.
4. We will provide some basic support but please do not expect commercial service. Please send your questions via PM to H_Rush or e-mail them to vccollection@yandex.ru, and please announce yourself in this thread once you receive your package. We also strongly encourage the community to take part in mutual support and troubleshooting.

PRICES:
Boxed assembled tested card - USD 540 as PayPal as goods and services (or 500 USDT), shipping paid separately.
Bare PCB with bracket - USD 110 as PayPal as goods and services (or 100 USDT), shipping paid separately.
UPDATE 26.07.22: payment with USDT also possible, will result in lower prices!

SHIPPING:
The boxes are stored in Russia, Moscow. Unfortunately due to the ongoing conflict and imposed restrictions from both sides, direct shipping to several countries is not available.
So far out of several received inquiries only Australia is a total "no go". However, you can always ask some friend from an available country to act as a shipping forwarder for you.

TOTAL QUANTITY OF AVAILABLE BOXED CARDS AS OF NOW: 15

BONUS: One random package will include a free bare PCB from the first AWE64 Legacy prototype.

awe64_release_box_right.jpg
Filename
awe64_release_box_right.jpg
File size
1.61 MiB
Views
File comment
Box
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
awe64_release_release-front.jpg
Filename
awe64_release_release-front.jpg
File size
1.61 MiB
Views
File comment
Front
File license
awe64_release_release-back.jpg
Filename
awe64_release_release-back.jpg
File size
1.67 MiB
Views
File comment
Back
File license
awe64_release_release-panel.jpg
Filename
awe64_release_release-panel.jpg
File size
185.22 KiB
Views
File comment
Bracket
File license
Boxes 2.jpg
Filename
Boxes 2.jpg
File size
135.64 KiB
Views
File comment
Boxes
File license
Last edited by hard1k on 2022-07-26, 12:21. Edited 2 times in total.

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 668 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
a_h_adl wrote on 2022-07-24, 13:16:

Happy to purchase one right away. Can you please inform me how to pay?

PM received and replied.

AWE64 Legacy

Reply 669 of 782, by God Of Gaming

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I really wanted one and kept money ready to purchase all that time, but... that rise to $540 hurts... I don't think I'm willing to spend that much, even tho I really want it... and no, bare pcb no good, I don't have the skills to build it myself, nor do I know anyone who can do it for me

1999 Dream PC project | DirectX 8 PC project | 2003 Dream PC project

Reply 670 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

We're really sorry that the price has increased to this level. Although the reasons are obvious, they don't make it easier. Global parts shortage due to pandemic + economic and export restrictions on Russia + global increasing inflation = inflated final price and reduced supply. With these prices and quantities we're almost at breakeven point with some slight additional profit allowing for a card per project team member and some bonus beers.

AWE64 Legacy

Reply 672 of 782, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
hard1k wrote on 2022-07-24, 16:54:

We're really sorry that the price has increased to this level. Although the reasons are obvious, they don't make it easier. Global parts shortage due to pandemic + economic and export restrictions on Russia + global increasing inflation = inflated final price and reduced supply. With these prices and quantities we're almost at breakeven point with some slight additional profit allowing for a card per project team member and some bonus beers.

I understand. Will there be more production runs past the initial 15? I am on disability from an accident, and I don't have the funds at the moment, but I could save up for a future run.

Reply 673 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Scythifuge wrote on 2022-07-24, 20:04:

I understand. Will there be more production runs past the initial 15? I am on disability from an accident, and I don't have the funds at the moment, but I could save up for a future run.

That will depend on the success of the first batch, unsatisfied demand, availability of parts and the real situation with international shipping from Russia. We're optimistic on that but can't promise anything.

AWE64 Legacy

Reply 674 of 782, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
hard1k wrote on 2022-07-24, 21:34:
Scythifuge wrote on 2022-07-24, 20:04:

That will depend on the success of the first batch, unsatisfied demand, availability of parts and the real situation with international shipping from Russia. We're optimistic on that but can't promise anything.

Completely understandable. I will try to see what I can do for raising funds for this batch, though I have a feeling that they will sell out. I hope that everything works out for everyone. No matter what happens, thank you for creating these cards.

Reply 675 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you everyone for all the kind words we receive here and in PM!

AWE64 Legacy

Reply 676 of 782, by Tree Wyrm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Got one.

Looks nice and clean, I like switch descriptions on the back. But yeah, got to be careful with those switches. Perhaps just use bottom ISA slot, if available, and may be avoid having anything below it.

awe64legacy_box_top.jpg
Filename
awe64legacy_box_top.jpg
File size
428.71 KiB
Views
File comment
Box Top
File license
awe64legacy_box_bottom.jpg
Filename
awe64legacy_box_bottom.jpg
File size
544.51 KiB
Views
File comment
Box Bottom
File license
awe64legacy.jpg
Filename
awe64legacy.jpg
File size
555.31 KiB
Views
File comment
In bag
File license
awe64legacy_01.jpg
Filename
awe64legacy_01.jpg
File size
685.88 KiB
Views
File comment
Out of bag
File license
Last edited by Tree Wyrm on 2022-07-25, 20:38. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 678 of 782, by dreamblaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It looks amazing, congrats!

Visit http://www.serdashop.com for retro sound cards, video converters, ...
DreamBlaster X2, S2, S2P, HDD Clicker, ... many projects !
New X2GS SE & X16GS sound card : https://www.serdashop.com/X2GS-SE ,
Thanks for your support !