Common searches

Pc printers get worse and worse

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 69, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

All of my blotchiness problems encountered have got cured by taking the toner cart out and shaking it vigorously. However, this is with toner carts that have good trapdoor seal type arrangments. ... I are unresponsible if you cover yourself in toner 😜

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 61 of 69, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Novell Network Print Services were very popular back in 1990’s

Attachments

Reply 62 of 69, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote on 2022-07-27, 16:18:
Glad you got it working in 3.1. […]
Show full quote

Glad you got it working in 3.1.

The Drum should fix the dots.. you already said that there were mess ups on the drum so I'm pretty sure that is the problem.

You might want to take a look at the fuser as well though and make sure there isn't anything stuck on there.

The RAM slot is usually used for speeding up large print jobs so it can transfer more/all of it to the printer instead of having to send as many different chunks of the print job over the connection.

Thanks for the tips.
I ordered the toner, I will order the drum too, if I won't solve the problem I will check the fuser too, but I don't feel confident doing it now.
As for the images printed too dark do you think changing toner and drum will solve the issue?
I do not think the memory upgrade would be necessary, I print single pages not books.

Reply 63 of 69, by davidrg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2022-07-27, 17:08:

Novell Network Print Services were very popular back in 1990’s

Works pretty well too - just map ("capture") an LPT port to the network print queue using this fancy GUI, the login script, or the DOS capture tool, and whatever you send to the LPT port goes via netware and comes out the printer. Under windows of course you've got to associate a printer driver with the LPT port but if the printer speaks PostScript any old LaserJet PostScript driver should work. Process is much the same for 95/98/NT3.51/4/2000/XP, just a different GUI.
img-24.png

No special Macintosh or AppleTalk enabled printer required either - just a mac with an ethernet interface (or a NetWare server with an AppleTalk interface):
img-23.png

It occurs to me I never tried it on OS/2 but I guess it probably works the same as DOS/Windows 3.x. Don't know what its like on NT 3.1 or 3.50 either - the client is a bit more basic there.

Reply 64 of 69, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BitWrangler wrote on 2022-07-27, 16:37:

All of my blotchiness problems encountered have got cured by taking the toner cart out and shaking it vigorously. However, this is with toner carts that have good trapdoor seal type arrangments. ... I are unresponsible if you cover yourself in toner 😜

I used to do that a lot and even go so far as to heat up the cart with a hairdryer

Be forewarned that occasionally you might get a snootful of toner on your hands, floor, wherever.

Had it happen a couple times out a thousand, real pain to clean off shag carpet

Reply 65 of 69, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Nemo1985 wrote on 2022-07-27, 17:35:
Thanks for the tips. I ordered the toner, I will order the drum too, if I won't solve the problem I will check the fuser too, bu […]
Show full quote
cyclone3d wrote on 2022-07-27, 16:18:
Glad you got it working in 3.1. […]
Show full quote

Glad you got it working in 3.1.

The Drum should fix the dots.. you already said that there were mess ups on the drum so I'm pretty sure that is the problem.

You might want to take a look at the fuser as well though and make sure there isn't anything stuck on there.

The RAM slot is usually used for speeding up large print jobs so it can transfer more/all of it to the printer instead of having to send as many different chunks of the print job over the connection.

Thanks for the tips.
I ordered the toner, I will order the drum too, if I won't solve the problem I will check the fuser too, but I don't feel confident doing it now.
As for the images printed too dark do you think changing toner and drum will solve the issue?
I do not think the memory upgrade would be necessary, I print single pages not books.

A new drum may make a difference in the darkness of the printing IF something is wrong with ti and it is attracting too much toner.

You can also try changing it to print in grayscale instead of B/W.

Turning on toner saver in the driver will reduce the amount of toner being used as well.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 67 of 69, by PD2JK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would wait for the drum if you don't gonna print anything soon.

i386 16 ⇒ i486 DX4 100 ⇒ Pentium MMX 200 ⇒ Athlon Orion 700 | TB 1000 ⇒ AthlonXP 1700+ ⇒ Opteron 165 ⇒ Dual Opteron 856

Reply 68 of 69, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PD2JK wrote on 2022-07-28, 14:43:

I would wait for the drum if you don't gonna print anything soon.

No i'm not in hurry to print anything.
It seems I may get it tomorrow, already or in monday at worst

Reply 69 of 69, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote on 2022-07-28, 00:40:

A new drum may make a difference in the darkness of the printing IF something is wrong with ti and it is attracting too much toner.

You can also try changing it to print in grayscale instead of B/W.

Turning on toner saver in the driver will reduce the amount of toner being used as well.

Installed the new drum and toner.
No more dots on the paper and the printed page is much more bright.

I tried the new toner with the old drum, the images became very dark again, so you were completely right. It was a drum issue. I tried to clean it with ipa and cotton but nothing changed, definitely the drum needed a change.
Too bad because it was original from brother.