VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by Cedric

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry, but this trouble shooting protokoll doesn't work on my system.
First there is no line in the config file with videoram=xxx, perhaps you mentioned to insert it anywere. Ok I made that, but now i encountered the problem of a black screen but sound works.
I used dosbox 0.7 at default setting with exception of videoram=4096.
Before I started smarines, I disabled vbe 2.0 in UVconfig and started univbe (univbe51).
PS is there any freeware version of UNIVBE

Reply 21 of 23, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Kazuar wrote:

Well, allright then, i'll try...
Note: i used ykhwong's CVS. maybe it runs under original dosbox, or not. i don't know. i don't wan't to change too many things, because im happy this game runs, and i don't want to ruin it again 😉

As the man said: i used ykhwong's CVS.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 22 of 23, by Cedric

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for your advice.
I installed und used the other version (ykhwong's CVS) with the same result.
I also tried some other settings for Chip setting in UVCONGIG of Univbe51. Can anybody help me waths behind that VESA emulation. 😒

Reply 23 of 23, by drunkenbird

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

i had the same Problem and the Walkthrough in this Thread didnt help me. Maybe cause i couldnt change the UNIVBE Settings. Probably cause i use a DX 10 Card (Nvidia 8800). However, i used Google + the Search Engine of this forum and finaly i found this Thread:
Problems with the game Space Marines [FULL]

download the file from the last Post and unpzip it into your SMarines Directory. This should fix the Problem - next time use the Search and You'll find answeres much faster.

gz.

drunkenbird