VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by tinyabs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DosBlaster is now compatible with Windows Vista and UAC. It runs with DosBox 0.70.

Download at the following URL:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dosblaster

Note: DosBlaster is a shell extension that lets you runs dosgames from Windows Explorer. Just right-click on your dos exe, bat or com file and you can configure the game and run the game. As simple as that.

Some options like language, screen/video capture and keyb mapper are intentionally hidden to make things easier. But they will be added in future releases.

Last edited by tinyabs on 2007-06-24, 03:33. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 18, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Neville wrote:

Is it similar to VDMSound, I understand? Sounds interesting.

Yes, it is similar to frontend from VDMSound. I think it is very nice and should be among other frontends on DOSBox downloads page.
Tinyabs: VDMSound has a feature "create a shortcut" that I miss in DosBlaster. Could you please add it in the next version?

Reply 6 of 18, by tinyabs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jiri wrote:

Yes, it is similar to frontend from VDMSound. I think it is very nice and should be among other frontends on DOSBox downloads page.
Tinyabs: VDMSound has a feature "create a shortcut" that I miss in DosBlaster. Could you please add it in the next version?

I'll try to add it in the next release. Thanks for your comments.

Reply 8 of 18, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Great start. This is the type of GUI that I had always wanted for DOSBox, at least if it had the ability to create shortcuts, too. This could fill a different need than what DBGL or D.O.G. does. Those are good for building game databases for people with large collections. I think that this could be the easiest way for noobs to use DOSBox.

A couple of suggestions. If you made an "Advanced" button to allow for the inclusion of all or most of the config options without cluttering up the interface, ala the way VDMS LanchPad does. If have it create shortcuts, could you also have it write a custom dosbox.conf in the game's folder? Rather than including DOSBox with the installer, allow some config option to choose the location of DOSBox. Sometimes it is nice to be able use other versions (plain CVS, ykhwong's build, etc.).

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 9 of 18, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
collector wrote:

Great start. This is the type of GUI that I had always wanted for DOSBox, at least if it had the ability to create shortcuts, too. This could fill a different need than what DBGL or D.O.G. does. Those are good for building game databases for people with large collections. I think that this could be the easiest way for noobs to use DOSBox.

Yes, I even think it could be included (at least optionally) in official release of DOSBox for Windows. It is simple yet effective.

Reply 11 of 18, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think Qbix would have no problem putting it in the frontends section of the DosBox homepage but it definetly wouldn't be included in the DosBox package.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 14 of 18, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

True. there are plenty of great frontends for DOSBox, and if one of them is included the rest of them could think why bother updating them.

Plus nothing warrants us DosBlaster will keep being updated to keep itself compatible with future DOSBox versions. It is not that I don't trust tinyabs commitment to the cause, but priorities change.

Those were my two cents.

Reply 15 of 18, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
tinyabs wrote:

You mean a dollar for her looks or her bust?

Her front end, of course.

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 16 of 18, by ThatLukeGuy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Trying to Uninstall DosBlaster but it is just IMPOSSIBLE 🙁
DosBlaster.dll will simply not uninstall, and I can't remove it even after unregistering it. How to get this thing off my PC? 😜

Reply 17 of 18, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Try Unlocker. Useful little tool, get it here:

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Install, (chose "add to context menu"), right-click dosblaster.dll, chose the "Unlocker" option, then kill the process(es) using the file. After that, you can remove the dll.

This tool works great everytime there's a file or folder refusing to be deleted

"What's a paladin?!"